List Mgmt. Trade Week 2016 - Live Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

But then we'd have to change our name
Wasn't there a thread about doing that anyway?
Agree, especially as we would get nothing for him.
TOA. do you get to see much junior footy anymore? I don't, but what are your thoughts on Waterman? What do you reckon we'll likely have to give up for him?

So been busy all day.

Just read that Freo got McCarthy, 7, 33 and 71 for 3.

giphy.gif

Would give up Karpany and a 4th rounder for Ah Chee I wonder if that would satisfy Port.
Pre his draft Port wanted Karpany.
can see the club doing it but personally i am not a fan. Yes midfielders are our number one priority but ah chee has been disappointing this season and will most likely will be depth behind a lot of our kids. Karpany is a few years younger and till mid way this season showed nothing but i did like what i saw. I think our side would look nice with a creative HFF that could pinch ht on a wing and get a goal or two a game. I rather persist with karpany than give him away to bring another depth player.

seriously we should just get tim goodwin. A genuine ruckmen and in the worst case scenario he has to play, he will go out their and battle and send a few to hospital. On the other hand petrie him self would be admitted to hospital after hurting his back in the pre game warm up.

Depends what goes the other way. If it is just picks, then they are basically replacing their aging stars with proven young ones which would seem a valid list strategy from the outside. Why draft on potential when you can trade for certainty, especially when your club is an attractive destination?
Vickery and JOM are not certainties and it's going to cost them picks in a very good draft as well as proven players. Could all go to poo very quickley IMO... But what would I know...

TOA. do you get to see much junior footy anymore? I don't, but what are your thoughts on Waterman? What do you reckon we'll likely have to give up for him?

None unfortunately. I know some people in the business and hopeful we will be able to get him with our third rounder based on what they have said. He tested 190cm at draft camp which is an awkward tweener size unless he can play midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to Vozza tonight He said that Petrie is a short term replacement for NN and they want to use him in a role like Trengove played at Port

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's vexing the way Vozzo keeps banging on about Petrie like he's actually played ruck before. Does he honestly think Petrie is a part time ruckman?

Recruiting Petrie to fill a ruck void when he has been playing pure forward for the majority of his career just makes you scratch your head.

It'd be like saying we're targeting Bontempelli to play as a KPD despite the fact he's a midfielder, just because he's tall enough.

Would love for Lamb to stay.

The kid is only just turning 20 in a fortnight's time.

He's green as **** and needs a good kick up the ass but he has 12-15 years of footy ahead of him.

Someone with that frame, that endurance and dat hair is too good to let go to waste.

seriously we should just get tim goodwin. A genuine ruckmen and in the worst case scenario he has to play, he will go out their and battle and send a few to hospital. On the other hand petrie him self would be admitted to hospital after hurting his back in the pre game warm up.

Actually listening to trade radio today Wallace looked at west coast and was frustrated that there was little info coming thru , but he did say right at the end of that segment that Tim Goodwin was a good fit for us

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's vexing the way Vozzo keeps banging on about Petrie like he's actually played ruck before. Does he honestly think Petrie is a part time ruckman?

Recruiting Petrie to fill a ruck void when he has been playing pure forward for the majority of his career just makes you scratch your head.

It'd be like saying we're targeting Bontempelli to play as a KPD despite the fact he's a midfielder, just because he's tall enough.
Vozzo said they dont want another true ruckman but a forward/ruck so it gives them more flexibility. As rubbish as Petrie has become he has pinch hit in the ruck before. IIRC he made the AA team in 2011 as a backup forward/ruck

Vozzo said they dont want another true ruckman but a forward/ruck so it gives them more flexibility. As rubbish as Petrie has become he has pinch hit in the ruck before. IIRC he made the AA team in 2011 as a backup forward/ruck
in that case why don't we actually draft a few decent state league fwd/rucks. would be a way better option than brining in grand pa. That way it also pushes fmac to perform.

in that case why don't we actually draft a few decent state league fwd/rucks. would be a way better option than brining in grand pa. That way it also pushes fmac to perform.
Well according to the Crazy man again he said we are only getting someone in as a short term filler so no point in getting a young person as they wont be hanging around and would find it hard to surpass Lycett and Nic after next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade Week 2016 - Live Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back