News Trade Week & DFA's Chat - Non Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked Ralph's comment in response to Scott guaranteeing Bowes was best 22, how would the likes of Narkle feel.

Think Narkle's main concern would be finding another club will to take him...
Will be a bit embarrassing if pick 7 plays ahead of Bowes on 850k in the twos

In terms of next year I think Esava is a massive miss for Port. Amon and JHF cancel each other out for next year IMO. Rioli is an upgrade on Gray this year.

They are still too small down back to beat the Cats or Richmond

Not that I think Ratagolea is great but could have been a great play for them.

If you get bored and want a chuckled have a read of the first few pages on the Port board of the Esava thread - and then the last few

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Amon and JHF don’t balance out for next year, they are behind, over time they will be front, but not next year.

But Esava is a loss.

Will be a bit embarrassing if pick 7 plays ahead of Bowes on 850k in the twos
He should be playing for actual salary owed for the next two years.The absolute stink fist of this deal is that Bowes will be playing for much less on a restructured deal. Just a rort.

He should be playing for actual salary owed for the next two years.The absolute stink fist of this deal is that Bowes will be playing for much less on a restructured deal. Just a rort.
Imagine you are at work and you are owed x dollars for the next 2 years because you did the right thing and deferred money to help the business in hard times. Then they tell you, you know what, that money you were going to get for 2 years work you now have to work 4 years for..

I wonder how that would play out if it went to fair work

Last edited:
Imagine you are at work and you are owed x dollars for the next 2 years because you did the right thing and deferred money to help the business in hard times. Then they tell you, you know what, that money you were going to get for 2 years work you now have to work 4 years for..

I wonder hiw that would play out if it went to fair work
Absolutely. Geelong have added much less to stretch it out. Their current ceo is benefiting his club from his time at AFL house.

Hawks have hardly improved their draft hand & have better outs than ins.

Meanwhile Cats improve their draft hand & also have been ins than outs.
Hawks have done what needs to be done during a rebuild and get rid of guys who take up games from young kids... imagine if we got rid of crouch etc early and had Berry / hatley running thru the mids from last year

Following the trade period we have moved up from equal 15/16th with Hawthorn to equal 14/15th with Gold Coast for the flag on AFL Sportsbet.
''Gamble Responsibly'' don't back us for the flag!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks have done what needs to be done during a rebuild and get rid of guys who take up games from young kids... imagine if we got rid of crouch etc early and had Berry / hatley running thru the mids from last year
They still need some experience around to support the younger players.... or they become a North Melbourne.

Remember their captain McEvoy has retired too, along with Shiels.

I just don’t get Gold Coast and Bowes. So Geelong were into him and spread his contract over 4 years, so why did they give up pick 7? ******* amateurs
Why did they come out publicly & say they would give up pick 7 before they even tried to trade Bowes...

That's not how you negotiate & something stinks.

so why did they give up pick 7? ******* amateurs
GC don't value draft picks like most clubs as they get so many high-end picks, they just don't appreciate how valuable they can be. GSC come upon so many high-end picks so supply, and demand prevails, and they have a never-ending supply.

They still need some experience around to support the younger players.... or they become a North Melbourne.

Remember their captain McEvoy has retired too, along with Shiels.
HAW would be worried about Tasmania coming in & getting Draft concessions ......they might also attack the DFA market

Mitchell out doesn't hurt .....Omera does, and Gunston's been a bit player the last 2 years

Meek and Stephens in are good moves

You don’t think JHF can match Amon output from this year? Talking 2023 only

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

JHF didn’t have a great year this year so who knows ?

Now he goes to port with massive expectations and pressure

If 2022 is a guide he is yet to demonstrate that he can handle internal and external pressure

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

HAW would be worried about Tasmania coming in & getting Draft concessions ......they might also attack the DFA market

Mitchell out doesn't hurt .....Omera does, and Gunston's been a bit player the last 2 years

Meek and Stephens in are good moves

O’Meara doesn’t hurt either, he does on the rare occasions however his body can’t play that more explosive game anymore

O’Meara doesn’t hurt either, he does on the rare occasions however his body can’t play that more explosive game anymore

IIRC the commentary yesterday was O'Meara can only play 5 continuous games B4 needing to rest his knee .....he'll have to be managed by FREO

I just don’t get Gold Coast and Bowes. So Geelong were into him and spread his contract over 4 years, so why did they give up pick 7? ******* amateurs
Incompetent but how did the AFL agree to that. $400k per year would have been more than enough and a bargain for a player of Bowes quality with no pick 7 included. I suppose the go home factor was included. Geelong is just next door to Cairns.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Trade Week & DFA's Chat - Non Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back