Mega Thread Trades and Free Agency Talk Pt2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the AFL Free Agency, Trade and Draft FB page they have announced that GWS offered pick 2 for Lids and 3 for Gibbs LOL

Sounds to me like they copped some heat from the AFL for not using the mini draft as it was intended.

Gubby: The Big D isn’t happy with us that we have compromised the draft yet again.

Sheedy: Just offer pick 2 and 3 for players that we have no hope in hell of getting to make it look like we tried.

Gubby: Hi Dimma/Mick, have I got a deal for you (winks at Sheedy)
so lets get this right. We enquire about Tyson and they flip. But they then enquire about 1 of our tops players. Im sure benny was on the phone telling them they are dreamin.

Not a great loos for Gus to go. But, as has been said, we need to replace him with someone willing to play VFL but able to step into the AFL if needed. Browne would do that (and the coaching staff were pumping his tyres a bit this season). But I just can't see him as a long term successor to the Mullet. So would should draft another ruck and keep trying.

And is this the DOOZY!!!!!

Taking Gus for a reasonable pick upgrade is nice, too nice a feeling given I expected nothing in return - well a round 8-15 pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More confirmation :D :

TenNewsAdelaide ‏@TenNewsADEL

In @TenNewsADEL sport, the Crows sign Richmond ruckman Angus Graham to a two year deal.

Chris McDermott ‏@ChrisSMcDermott

@Shutts10 gave me the GOOD OIL on Angus Graham. Papers will be lodged officially this afternoon. Watch ch10 news tonight for all the action

Yeah well goodluck Gus. Think he was thrown to the wolves too early but all the best at the Crows mate. Now we def need to be finding a backup somewhere. Surely the Cats will throw us some scraps from their stockpile

Doubt that compo will be 41 that's a tier 3 pick. He's likely to be tier 4 at best (end of 2nd round approx mid-late 40's) or more likely tier 5 (pick after crows 3rd rounder approx 60)
Can we bank it? I thought it HAD to be used this year.

Tweeted by Ian Shuttleworth.

"Done deal.. Tiger Angus Graham is a Crow. 2 year contract. Swap of draft picks. Paperwork to be lodged today"
Fireworks.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back