Training Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I really don't get the on field love for this chap. Not saying he's not a super bloke and a great contributor at VFL Level...

Every time I see him play it's the same stuff. Works his butt off, compete's hard in the air but plays smaller than his height and is not a great contested mark, good when the pill hits the ground, breaks the lines really well but seems to have one disposal method, hoof it long up the line.

Hardly the MO for a Hawthorn half back these days...

What am I missing???
Personally I think he is a like for like replacement for Strats.
I would go as far to say that there wouldn't be a large gap between them for the same role of Strats went down. Yep... 3 x premier in his role with experience to back it up but if Gus had more games I believe he would be Strats mk2 but a little quicker & probably be used to attack a little more with run & carry.

Personally I think he is a like for like replacement for Strats.
I would go as far to say that there wouldn't be a large gap between them for the same role of Strats went down. Yep... 3 x premier in his role with experience to back it up but if Gus had more games I believe he would be Strats mk2 but a little quicker & probably be used to attack a little more with run & carry.
Maybe, except for contested marks. I remember the two marks that Strats took in the 2013 PF against the cats towards end of Q4. They were under pressure types and against bigger cats players.

Maybe, except for contested marks. I remember the two marks that Strats took in the 2013 PF against the cats towards end of Q4. They were under pressure types and against bigger cats players.
Yep fair call. Strats does take a good grab & doesn't ever tuck his ears behind his arms if he knows there will be contact.

Yep fair call. Strats does take a good grab & doesn't ever tuck his ears behind his arms if he knows there will be contact.

Stratton will go down in history as laying the tackle that got us into the 2012 grand final.

Any Shem reports from the practice game?

I can report that The Shem did not get reported during the practice match.....

He was with purple team. Played against Kurt Hurt. Good tussle as always. Was off most of the last quarter with what looked like a minor ankle problem he picked up going for a pack mark. Any coinciedence his absence lead to the Gold team booting 7 goals in the last to an absolute NIL score to the purples... may not be a coinciedence.

Hey Guys,

Just curious as to how Tim O`Brien is tracking. Is he likely to see games early this season with Roughead out, or does Sicily have first go at it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sicily kicks more goals, puts on more pressure, is more dangerous in marking contests so is the obvious choice. O'Brien is probably a slightly straighter kick, is taller and perhaps a better runner.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me if there will be a trading session tomorrow or sunday?
If there is roughly what time
I dont know about training....but I am definitely sure that there is not a "trading" session scheduled.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back