Transgender - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Do you think this inquiry is entirely about endometriosis pain?
Quite sick of this style of questioning chief.

"This includes those assigned females at birth and anyone who identifies as a woman, though they may have a different sex at birth."

Key point

Quite sick of this style of questioning chief.

"This includes those assigned females at birth and anyone who identifies as a woman, though they may have a different sex at birth."

Key point
That's a quote from the page. It's not a point, is it?

Definitely have to change the readily understood, basic language that everyone can understand, and then add a whole lot of throat-clearing and additional caveats to 'clear things up' because something like 8 out of 190 MILLION endometriosis sufferers were males not subject to hormone therapy.

Pats on the back everywhere folkx, we're smashing the cisheteronormative patriarchy!

You believe this clarification was added:

"because something like 8 out of 190 MILLION endometriosis sufferers were males not subject to hormone therapy."

Yes?

That's a quote from the page. It's not a point, is it?
Yes it is, and it's the language I was referring to.
You believe this clarification was added:

"because something like 8 out of 190 MILLION endometriosis sufferers were males not subject to hormone therapy."

Yes?
I said that as part of a satirical and hyperbolic post that references the content discussed just prior in the thread.

I am so glad to have gone into excruciating detail to clarify all this stuff that I assumed was generally understood. Gee that seems familiar...

This is what I'm referring to:
Doctor looks at your ambiguous genitals at birth and takes a punt or flips a coin or whatever and decides you're a dude. Still might have female internal organs. Some pubic servant writing that has managed to chuck a few extra words in there to accommodate a tiny fraction of the public that may appreciate it. Possibly should have weighed it against fragile right wingers who would lose their shit I guess.

Doctor looks at your ambiguous genitals at birth and takes a punt or flips a coin or whatever and decides you're a dude. Still might have female internal organs. Some pubic servant writing that has managed to chuck a few extra words in there to accommodate a tiny fraction of the public that may appreciate it. Possibly should have weighed it against fragile right wingers who would lose their shit I guess.
Clearly never had a child 😂

Looked like a standard dummy spit to me.

Maybe I am being too literal, and you don't really have a problem with inclusion.
I was making fun of it, absolutely. But it wasn't to be taken literally, which should have been painfully obvious. Clearly need to work on my delivery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I've had a few, which is why I confidently call what you just said laughably stupid.
I mean, that is your prerogative, couldn't have your world view intact without being stridently ignorant.

I was making fun of it, absolutely. But it wasn't to be taken literally, which should have been painfully obvious. Clearly need to work on my delivery.
So we're back to "what is there to make fun of?"

Inclusion?

Clarity?

What?

I am being serious, I know it's making some sort of point but I don't know what it is
Shan said one thing, but meant something else, then got frustrated that he didn't get his point across, now he's getting frustrated that people don't agree with the point.

Shan said one thing, but meant something else, then got frustrated that he didn't get his point across, now he's getting frustrated that people don't agree with the point.
Reeks of "Why are you getting so mad?" schoolyard tactics.

So we're back to "what is there to make fun of?"

Inclusion?

Clarity?

What?
There's so much! The hill that people will die on over this is one thing. Also, the fact that people don't want to offend male-born people by appearing to not invite them to make submissions to a women's study. The expectation of changing language that is understood by everyone to accommodate the tiniest of minorities. The zealousness of people who champion these things.

Pick any of them plus the many other reasons it's worth making fun of.

For clarity, this is my take:

It's funny and silly that caveats need to be put onto a study on women's health in order to invite male-born people to make submissions.

It's funny and silly that people act like it's not funny and silly.

I suspect most people who champion this sort of thing know themselves that it's kind of silly, but they've chosen their tribe and are willing to do everything up to and including self-immolation to not go against their groupthink.

True inclusion usually involves not being singled out or having a spotlight put on you, since that's how the vast majority of people get through life - with relative anonymity and minimal fuss. So I think that not only are these sort of sacred cows funny and silly, but probably the most effective way to ensure the movement gets maximum resistance.

For clarity, this is my take:

It's funny and silly that caveats need to be put onto a study on women's health in order to invite male-born people to make submissions.

It's funny and silly that people act like it's not funny and silly.

I suspect most people who champion this sort of thing know themselves that it's kind of silly, but they've chosen their tribe and are willing to do everything up to and including self-immolation to not go against their groupthink.

True inclusion usually involves not being singled out or having a spotlight put on you, since that's how the vast majority of people get through life - with relative anonymity and minimal fuss. So I think that not only are these sort of sacred cows funny and silly, but probably the most effective way to ensure the movement gets maximum resistance.

Thank you for your submission.

Remove this Banner Ad

Transgender - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back