trent croad...a tad over rated thoughts please

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe the Bombers will pick him up - they've got no trouble fitting under the cap
wink.gif

Anyways, they need someone on their half forward line after the disgraceful performances of Jimmy 'I'm the greatest, me' Hird, Grape Ape Lucas and Mark Moremoney on Thursday night.

[This message has been edited by Danny Chook Fan Club (edited 17 April 2001).]

I think Croad is a very good player. I wish Melbourne had picked him in the draft instead of the very injury prone Johnstone. I would also choose Croad over Tarrent simply because Croad is more flexible. You can play him down or back.

Originally posted by WCE2000:
An example of a player who is more over-rated than Croad, is Warren Tredrea.

For 3 years the media have been saying this is a make-or-break year for Tredrea and he still hasn't done muchin the football.

Good call. For all his short comings (pardon the pun) Port's inaugural full forward was a better player.

Of course the number one over-rated player in the AFL must be Fraser Gehrig, keep hearing about how talented he is, but I've yet to see it.

Originally posted by JLC:
Croad v Tarrant ??

Chris Tarrant is a much better player than Croad. Week in week out Chris Tarrant delivers.

you sure about that
2000:
Chris Tarrant - 19 Games for 28 Goals
Trent Croad - 22 Games for 33 Goals

Croad only just turned 21 and Tarrant turns 21 this year, but Croad has represented australia

those stats are pretty even, but tarrant plays just about all his football up forward
croad spends a lot of time up back
funny how you are critising croad for being able to play both ends of the groud
i thought that would be a bonus
eg, silvagni, fletcher, graham

saying that the coach cant find somewhere for croad is laughable, it all depends on the opposition and the state of the game, croad can go back to cover a tall opposition forward line or he can go back to manipulate a small opposition backline
ill take croad anyday

While, naturally, Chris Tarrant is the best of all the players mentioned so far in this thread, I think you're all being a bit harsh on Trent Croad. He is a pretty good player (takes a nice grab and can kick ok). Why do you all think he loves himself - have you met him? I gave him, Mark Graham and Nathan Thompson a lift one night and I can honestly say that you couldn't meet a nicer guy. I thought he was up himself too, until I actually met him. On the other hand, Mark Graham was an absolute tosser and as for Nathan Thompson - I couldn't stand him. Totally crude and foul-mouthed! Can't believe he made himself a leader and role model for Hawthorn's end-of-season trip - a more unlikely candidate would be hard to find.
I have to agree about both Tredrea and Gehrig being overrated - I am rapt that the Pies didn't get Gehrig (Molloy seems to be a much better pick up).

Originally posted by The invisible mullet:
I wonder what Pie fans will be saying when Tarrant doesn't budge from his half a mil a year contract negotiations...

We'll be saing "Thank Christ we didn't get that Gerhig dud!

Tarrant will be worth $500K over the next two years. And besides, there are ways of tayloring this figure around marketing payments to avoid salary cap problems. We are moving into a position where we will have these problems. There isn't a team in the comp that wouldn't want the likes of Nick Davis, Chipper Adkins and (a new name to consider) Danny Roach.

But if Essendon can groom and field the team they had last year, then we should be able to take our guns to a flag in the next couple of years!

2000 comparisons between Croad and Tarrant are useless. Croad has always been a "man's" build, whereas Taz is just getting there. I predict Tarrant will kick 70 goals this year and take 175 marks. He'll be able to brag about this at his 21st in December!

..and we have the best Number 1 draft pick in history too!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

trent croad...a tad over rated thoughts please

Remove this Banner Ad

Back