Troy Chaplin named the best backline kick in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

This is like when Richmond supporters started going nuts over Houli.

Essendon supporters didn't give a shit - we got the far better (and younger) Hibberd instead.

Yep, because Essendrug supporters aren't attracted to any Bachar threads or start them, or still make remarks about him do they Jobe ;)

Looks like our good friends from Champion 'St. Kilda are the best kicking team in the competition' Data rated 21 year old Port Adelaide defender Cameron O'Shea as having the best game in the competition this week. I don't recall Troy Chaplin ever playing the best game in the competition. But that can't be right, Chaplin was Poort Powa's best defender. Surely Port don't have any younger and better defenders than Chaplin on their list?

Apart from Jonas (who kept one of the Coleman medal favourites goalless up until about two-thirds of the way through the final quarter on the weekend, BTW), O'Shea and Hombsch. But I doubt most Richmond supporters even know who those guys are. Unless, of course, they ever take leave of their senses and ask for a trade to Ninthmond, in which case they'll suddenly decide that they must be stars of the competition.

Tom Lynch kicked 10 against the same mob. Are you really this desperate to make a point? GWS, really? Do you smoke the butts left in ashtrays to save money as well?

Let's review the OP.

Hmm. What possible reason could Port fans have to respond to a thread with an OP composed entirely of a guy having a crack at Port fans? It must just be because we're obsessed and offended.

I think it's funny that as soon as Chaplin gets some positive press (as opposed to the negative press he was getting on shows like Footy Classified earlier in the year) Tigers fans flock to Bigfooty to try to rub it in our faces. This thread shows the obsession of one set of supporters, but that set of supporters isn't Port fans. Unfortunately for you guys Jack Hombsch is proving himself to be a younger and better version of Chaplin, so it doesn't bother us.

It bothers someone in your supporter base. A couple of anti-Chaplin threads have been posted on here by Port fans

Funny all the Port supporters, they win their first game in 6 weeks against the mighty powerhouse GWS and now they are back all full of themselves bagging an ex-player again. Sad pathetic bunch.

I like the fact they keep bumping it. They actually still watch their games with anti Chaplin sentiments in mind.
Chaplin=PortAdelaidemindfc.uk

So you have no idea then on his actual wage otherwise you'd give us a ballpark figure. So your mate or whatever is full of shit. Try $350k. What got him over the line was the extra year we offered. You guys (Peter Rhode in fact) were to inflexible in trying to meet what he wanted. A 26 y.o KP, and you weren't prepared to give him an extra year? I dunno if his knee issue is degenerative, but he's moving fine right now.
Minor premierships mean JS. It's the one day in Sept that matter. And yes, I've seen us win one and lose one as well.
North have actually finished 9th more than us, and could achieve that honor again this season.
We have also eliminated our debt (confirmed this week end), and rebuilt our list the same time you guys and Melbourne have. And your list considered far superior to ours at the time of the rebuild through the same drafts.
All clubs are suffering the same inequities in salary cap against the expansion clubs and some interstaters.
Over to you.
Number of years since a Richmond flag - about 30.
Number of posts you've made - about 12000
Multiply the two and see what the answer is.

Minor premierships mean nothing to those teams who can't win one.
They mean home ground advantage through the finals (although we screwed up two of them!)

The relevance of 9th is one position outside the finals. I'm pretty sure that since there was a final 8, Richmond has finished 9th 6 times. North twice.

Rebuilding your list when you miss the finals 12 years in a row is different to trying to do it with a team that finishes top 2 4 years and finals two more times out of 7 years #draftorder #aflequalisation
Also consider how poor Port Adelaide has been, with no priority pick given. Compare to some Melbourne clubs. Remember 2007? How many games did Richmond win year to year, compare to Port Adelaide last 3 years.

5. The salary cap point was with respect to like for like comparison with the expansion clubs. This is not something that Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond, etc had to cope with at the bottom of their troughs.

> Richmond supporter makes thread about Chaplin and has a go at Port fans
> Richmond supporters claim that Port fans are obsessed because they responded to the thread specifically directed at them

Your logic is flawless.

Don't worry, they can't see that we aren't bagging any other player like Burgoyne, or Rodan, or Pearce, etc..... Just someone we are on record that we didn't like when he was at Port, but they can't understand that at all because they think it's sour grapes.

Destroyed? You make little sense. Don't try to sound too smart; stick to the simple thoughts, like those in my sig.

I'm no trying to sound smart, just telling the truth, for what you see now is not what it all seems, you think not your destroyed, but say that what so, in time you sell the simple thoughts you will so.

hahah please give up pistol whip :thumbsu:

I'm no trying to sound smart, just telling the truth, for what you see now is not what it all seems, you think not your destroyed, but say that what so, in time you sell the simple thoughts you will so.

hahah please give up pistol whip :thumbsu:

You are the Bradley Helbig of the Bay - tries hard but perennially shit.

What's funny? In 3 months time Hibberd will be an All-Australian; Houli will have to settle for "classed by ChampionData as elite".

your funny, he's funny, what little you know, but in some months time now there may be no show, for bummers are weak their soul dying within, for the truth may reveal there is no side to bestow. Good luck to Hibberb mate :thumbsu:

As for Houli he's a gun :thumbsu:

Cheers and POQ before I destroy a pistol like whip over your cranium which will twist in your mind and over your head, you bummer flogs are so easy to take down :)

You are the Bradley Helbig of the Bay - tries hard but perennially shit.

Is that all you got? A plebe like retort, for your understanding is lacking and there is no where to score, but keep trying to comeback because it will serve you well, but in the end it will only reveal your empty shell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm far from an Essendon fan but I must admit you guys have unearthed some serious backline talent this season. Neither Hibberd nor Carlisle were anything more than decent in previous years, but both would be in my AA team so far this season. Guns.
Yeah, I was amazed how a cancer sufferer could recover to become the most celebrated cyclist in the world year after year.

lol you try hard

I'm awaiting your enlightened comeback, it's not for me to see with thee, for mind is clear and full in picture, but please try to rebut or will prove you are stuck, not all can rhyme or be a poet in time, but your flaw is to ignore what you be if you see.

Give it a try Piston, everyone can make rhymes n shit, it's just a skill to install with practise of application.

:)

can't we just mutually agree to laugh at the Crows for trading a first rounder for Tambling?

Wasn't it a first round compensation AND a third rounder? :D:thumbsu:

your funny, he's funny, what little you know, but in some months time now there may be no show, for bummers are weak their soul dying within, for the truth may reveal there is no side to bestow. Good luck to Hibberb mate :thumbsu:

Cheers and POQ before I destroy a pistol like whip over your cranium which will twist in your mind and over your head, you bummer flogs are so easy to take down :)

Would also be in the mix for AA pre-selection. Having an outstanding year.

You're a strange unit.

- Alipate Carlile
- Jackson Trengove
- Tom Jonas
- Jack Hombsch

Our backline is the strongest it has been in many years, conceding just 82.4 points per game :thumbsu:

So glad Chaplin isn't here spudding up our backline still, and taking up a spot a young talented backman could develop in, and running scared from those nasty Port supporters.

Our backline is the strongest it has been in many years, conceding just 82.4 points per game :thumbsu:

Tiges 83.9 per game and our third best defender Dylan Grimes has only managed 5 restricted games, and Ports number is inflated by your 60 point average winning margin of the bottom 4 teams conceding just 62 points average per game (Richmonds 70.7) And your average for the 13 teams above them is 92.5 (Richmonds 90.5)

Tiges 83.9 per game and our third best defender Dylan Grimes has only managed 5 restricted games, and Ports number is inflated by your 60 point average winning margin of the bottom 4 teams conceding just 62 points average per game (Richmonds 70.7) And your average for the 13 teams above them is 92.5 (Richmonds 90.5)
Mad?

Remove this Banner Ad

Troy Chaplin named the best backline kick in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back