Rumour troy menzel on the move

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol. Far more midfielders than good small forwards. We won flags cos of Johnson, chapman, and Ablett, the best small forward combo the game has seen. Hawthorn would argue the same with Rioli and Breust. It's why they are going after Wingard with the big bucks.
Heard that today from a very good source. What I can't understand is why Port would allow Hawks to buy out Wingard's contract, unless they have already got a couple of ins. How could Hawks pay Wingard the rumoured $800 000 a year as well?? Has me confused.

Heard that today from a very good source. What I can't understand is why Port would allow Hawks to buy out Wingard's contract, unless they have already got a couple of ins. How could Hawks pay Wingard the rumoured $800 000 a year as well?? Has me confused.
Why would Port give up their best player, who is like 21 years old to the Premiership team? Anyway, Wingard doesnt want to play outside SA. He made that pretty obvious at his draft meetings.

Why would Port give up their best player, who is like 21 years old to the Premiership team? Anyway, Wingard doesnt want to play outside SA. He made that pretty obvious at his draft meetings.
Maybe money talks?
These were his comments when he re-signed in 2013: Wingard declared his belief in Port's future saying: "The club has been great throughout the negotiations and I'm just thankful that they've given me the opportunity to stay here for at least another three years after this one.

"I love it here at Port Adelaide. I'm only an hour away from my family at Murray Bridge, so this is home for me. If it's up to me I'll be at Port Adelaide for a long time.''
We shall watch developments with interest.

He would be more likely to come to us than go to Vic. If he leaves PAP is because he wants to go, not because PAP want him gone.
He could of played the money game when he re-signed last time but didnt.
He is just happy to play in his home state.

What you are saying AndrewJo flies in the face of everything the PAFC stands for with regards to player movement.

Time and again everyone from ken hinkley, keith thomas, david koch, jason cripps etc have said a player will not be traded unless he asks to do so. What you are saying is that Chad would like to stay at the club, but port want him to move? I call bs on everything you are implying. Take for example the matthew lobbe situation. Of course paddy ryder is the better ruckmen, and ken hinkley has been asked if matt lobbe will be traded, ken has made it abundantly clear he will not be leaving.

Chad Wingard is loved in the playing group, he loves the footy club, is very close with many players at the club, he is from SA, he goes home to murray bridge every opportunity he can, and whenever he is asked about his future he has categorically stated that he hopes to be a one club player. Port adelaide will reward him with the money he deserves and wants because the club know he is worth it, and I can absolutley promise you, that the football club has budgeted for pay rises for chad and ollie wines. Remember at the start of this year when there were rumours that port had budgeted for a high profile key forward and that they will target taylor walker? as much as 1.2 million per year? there were rumours because it is true. if charlie dixon comes in for 700k which was being said, that still leaves 500k + salary from players delisted and departing. Port will have up to 1.2 mill in the cap for new contracts.

Heard that today from a very good source.

he just got it from Roo n Dits last week. Hawthorn want him but so what, we want Buddy Franklin, neither is happening

he just got it from Roo n Dits last week. Hawthorn want him but so what, we want Buddy Franklin, neither is happening
Don't shoot the messenger.it was not from Roo and Ditts but from Murray Bridge!!!! Of course I am not going to name the loose lips source.

Murphy and Gibbs both short people squib outside downhill skiers that need some big boys to help them out
Both have talent but have too many deficiencies.. Should look to offload them both
Another sheep.
Well done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Build in this years draft and next.
We might by then have a nucleus of a half decent team.

Team of squibs and spuds
No kruzer, Henderson, yarran, bell, menzel?.....

Better buy a cabinet to fit all your wooden spoons in

Carlton said a few weeks ago Troy Menzel wasn't going anywhere and no clubs had inquired about him as of then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour troy menzel on the move

Remove this Banner Ad

Back