Banter TRTT Part 14: 2022 Goodbye (To 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
children/young adults don't understand references from 30-40 years ago?

whaaat GIF
There was probably no need for me to grow up knowing who tf Bert Newton was but the Boomer stranglehold on mainstream media is strong.

Feels like streaming is making the date of release less relevant for music heads.

I mean if you are a kid getting into the latest metal you are not gonna rise up if Slayer comes on ya auto-play & rebel against Dad-Metal. The difference isn't stark enough.

Feels like streaming is making the date of release less relevant for music heads.

I mean if you are a kid getting into the latest metal you are not gonna rise up if Slayer comes on ya auto-play & rebel against Dad-Metal. The difference isn't stark enough.
Yeah pretty much. Everything exists in the sludge cloud. I enjoy a lot of new stuff that comes from new scenes but it's almost all in a revival ilk. Culture probably died around the turn of the century and has just been revived and revisited in different shapes since.

Probably a bit drastic and melodramatic that but yeah

Yeah pretty much. Everything exists in the sludge cloud. I enjoy a lot of new stuff that comes from new scenes but it's almost all in a revival ilk. Culture probably died around the turn of the century and has just been revived and revisited in different shapes since.

Probably a bit drastic and melodramatic that but yeah
We need to invent new instruments Dyls.

Year 8, music class.

Assignment was to create and present a musical instrument. Most kids used a tissue box and rubber bands or strings to make a guitar-like instrument

Imagine the look on the teacher's face when two of us who forgot about it altogether attempted to construct bullroarers using a rubber band threaded through the end of a ruler.

Not only did it not work but the other guy almost took out someone's eye trying to demonstrate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I pirated a game for the first time in years and years and the cracked installer had some in built crap techno playlist that couldn't be turned off and it genuinely warms my heart that people are still doing s**t like that.

How is Hogwarts Legacy anyway

How is Hogwarts Legacy anyway
Pretty good aside from Harry Potter demanding to see everyone's genitals before he'll let them into the girls bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back