Banter TRTT Part 14: 2022 Goodbye (To 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What model is it
Something called a DeLonghi Primadonna. I'm calling it the maradona.

Didn't really care for the manual ones with all the micro adjustments as i'm not a ****ing barista.

Might get some of that acclaimed animal poo coffee, might be like having Hinkley on tap.

Something called a DeLonghi Primadonna. I'm calling it the maradona.

Didn't really care for the manual ones with all the micro adjustments as i'm not a ******* barista.

Might get some of that acclaimed animal poo coffee, might be like having Hinkley on tap.
Looks expensive. I think anything automatic is gonna be overpriced, at a certain point if you're spending that much money you're going to want to be able to work out how to pull a good espresso and use a steam wand or else why not just walk (or drive, if you haven't embraced the 15 minute city Conspiracy) to a cafe and spend the 4 bucks.

I think if I had a ****ing lot of money I'd get one of the at home models from La Marzocco. Best in the game, their industrial machines are far and away the best I've worked with and are built to take a beating. Plus home models are so cute.

I did have a 1000$ Breville back home with a grinder, grouphead/portafilter and a steam wand and it's been hard to regress to a kettle and Nescafe since.

Also animal poo stuff is bad. I took home a bag from Vietnam and it almost ****ed up my grinder.

Looks expensive. I think anything automatic is gonna be overpriced, at a certain point if you're spending that much money you're going to want to be able to work out how to pull a good espresso and use a steam wand or else why not just walk (or drive, if you haven't embraced the 15 minute city Conspiracy) to a cafe and spend the 4 bucks.

I think if I had a ******* lot of money I'd get one of the at home models from La Marzocco. Best in the game, their industrial machines are far and away the best I've worked with and are built to take a beating. Plus home models are so cute.

I did have a 1000$ Breville back home with a grinder, grouphead/portafilter and a steam wand and it's been hard to regress to a kettle and Nescafe since.

Also animal poo stuff is bad. I took home a bag from Vietnam and it almost ****ed up my grinder.
I've got a mate coming over from vietnam to stay for two weeks, i'll make sure to tell him not to bring any coffee.

I've changed my tune on pod coffee a bit I mean yea it's not the real deal, but it sure as shit beats a kettle and nescafe if people can't afford much.

I feel that you're wiser than this but I can't get the image of bean-loaded faeces being jammed into a grinder out of my mind.

Last edited:
I feel that you're wiser than this but I can't get the image of bean-loaded faeces being jammed into a grinder out of my mind.
They're just coffee beans that have been shat out by a weasel

I was probably just sold a really bad bag of coffee beans by a tourist trap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had my first coffee from it using Mahalia blend 3 coffee beans. Evidently some place in Robe.

Gotta say, it was ****ing spot on. Already forgetting the price of the damn thing.

Just had my first coffee from it using Mahalia blend 3 coffee beans. Evidently some place in Robe.

Gotta say, it was ******* spot on. Already forgetting the price of the damn thing.

When i've got Mahalia in Robe it's been about the best coffee I've ever tasted. I assume cos it's so fresh since they roast it there.

Still order bags of beans from time to time and it's good, but doesn't live up to the the takeaway coffees in robe

I bought a bean coffee machine and i dont really know why but * pod coffee.

i'll probably change my tune come winter, but iced lattes are where it's at. small glass, chuck the coffee in, heaps of ice, then add a bit of your milk of choice.

gradually over the course of my life i've wanted coffees tasting stronger and stronger. can't stand getting a coffee that tastes like warm milk. probably be on the espressos permanently soon.

I've changed my tune on pod coffee a bit I mean yea it's not the real deal, but it sure as s**t beats a kettle and nescafe if people can't afford much.
Get one of these. Almost as easy as instant and makes a better coffee than a plunger - far superior to pod coffee.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back