U/18 All Australian predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Very rough guys, I reckon I'll do well to get 10 of them

B Andrew Hooper (VC), Michael Hurley (VM), Clancee Pearce (WA)
HB Rhys O'Keefe (SA), Jordan Jones (VC), Kade Klemke (NSW/ACT)
C Steele Sidebottom (VC), Daniel Rich (WA), Scott Reed (NSW/ACT)
HF David Zaharakis (VM), Jack Watts (VM), Ryan Schoenmakers (SA)
F Christopher Yarran (WA), Lewis Johnston (SA), Aaron Cornelius (TAS)
R Shaun McKernan (VM), Hamish Hartlett (SA), Mitch Robinson (TAS)
I Nicholas Naitanui (WA), Nick Suban (VC), Tyrone Vickery (VM), Mitchell Banner (VM), Ranga Ediriwickrama (NSW/ACT)

EDIT, probably could've had another couple of WA boys like Swift but can't be bothered working them into it.

does anyone think Qld and Nt boys will be in the sides?

although they didnt play in the div 1 they had three TAC games each.

any thoughts?

B: Klemke, Hurley, Hooper
HB: Suban, McKernan, Pearce
C: Zaharakis, Robinson, Jetta
HF: Ziebell, Butcher, Heyne
FF: Rockliff, Watts, Walters

R: Naitanui, Sheahan, O'Keeffe

I/C: DeBoer, Sidebottom, Johnston, Broadbent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've gotta have O'Keefe there - SA's best over the carnival. Hartlett too would get a gig. And Johnston starting on the ground. Prob take out Broadbent tho.

You've gotta have O'Keefe there - SA's best over the carnival. Hartlett too would get a gig. And Johnston starting on the ground. Prob take out Broadbent tho.

O'Keeffe is in the onballers.

Hartlett had two good games in the final 2 rounds but apart from that wasn't outstanding according to reports.

Maybe Johnston on the ground for Walters in the FP.

Broadbent had a very consistent carnival according to reports and as a utility type would be a good fit on the bench.

I know it's a hard to pick but i would have hartlet,cornelius,hill (wa )some where , You have a half forward line of Vic country that i am not sure would be the case 8 vc country all together.Lisle i would think has had a better carnival than butcher who is a very good player all the same.But like i said it would be hard to pick without seeing every game.

O'Keeffe is in the onballers.

Hartlett had two good games in the final 2 rounds but apart from that wasn't outstanding according to reports.

Maybe Johnston on the ground for Walters in the FP.

Broadbent had a very consistent carnival according to reports and as a utility type would be a good fit on the bench.

Sorry mate didn't see him there, guess I wouldn't have looked at him being a rover. HBF for mine.

But the final side should very very strong.

Very rough guys, I reckon I'll do well to get 10 of them

EDIT, probably could've had another couple of WA boys like Swift but can't be bothered working them into it.

Swift didnt even play in the carnival and also im expecting to see Rich just make it as he did finish off well his last 2 games were quite something. Plus he played his best against the best side VIC M.

He may only make it on the bench however too many mids have had good carnivals

Swift didnt even play in the carnival and also im expecting to see Rich just make it as he did finish off well his last 2 games were quite something. Plus he played his best against the best side VIC M.

He may only make it on the bench however too many mids have had good carnivals
ok sorry, I thought it was just as much picked on prior form and how highly touted they are aswell. After seeing that Cotchin didn't make the team in 2007 I think I may have been quite wrong.

Does anyone know if Dan Hannaberry is eligable for this years draft. He was in the VIC METRO team. He is definately underage, but touted as a future star.

Players that have claims

SA
Hartlett
Hall
Broadbent
Cahill
Shoemakers
O'Keefe
Johnston
Redden

VIC COUNTRY
Shehan
Suban
Hooper
Sidebottom
Rockcliff
Heyne
Ziebel
Butcher
Roughead

VICMETRO
Banner
Watts
McKernan
Hanneberry
Strauss
Hurley
Shuey
Zaharakis
Blease
Lisle
Vickery

WA
Hill
DeBoer
Jetta
Rich
Walters
Pearce
Yarran
NitNat

TAS
Salter
McCulloch
Robinson
Corneilius

NSW
McNeil
Klemke

They will squeeze a few NSW and Tassie boys in, even if they dont deserve it. Just to show how successful their new idea was this year in having 6 teams in Div 1#.

Ill have a crack in a minute, with my team........Wont be anything like the one that they put out there though.

Here it goes based on who played well in the carnival nothing else:

Okeefe (SA) - Hurley (VIC M) - C.Pearce (WA)

Sidebottom (VIC C) - J.Lisle (VIC M) - S.HILL (WA)

Zaharkis (VIC M) - Ziebell (VIC C) - M.Robinson (Tas)

N.Jetta (WA) - J.Watts (VIC M) - K.Lucas (WA)

M.Walters (WA) - J.Butcher (VIC C) - N.Heyne (VIC C)

Natunai (WA) - H.Harteltt (SA) - Deboer (WA)

S.Mckernan (VIC M) - Rich (WA) - S.Blease (VIC M) - M.Banner (VIC M)

Summary
- unsure on CHB so gave it to the VIC M (championship winner) J.Jones, J.Laurie other chances
- not sure if there are enough SA players only had Hartlett + Okeefe
- Rich because his last 2 games were excellent and his 1st against NSW not too bad either
- Deboer unsure if he should be onball but he played real well in first 3 games maybe a switch with either S.Blease or Banner, ones an outside mid though i forget which one.
- Butcher is more a CHF i feel but put him at FF, Heyne could well get the FF spot, Butcher kicked a 5 goal and 4 goal haul in the carnival
- C.Pearce more of a HBF but could get BP spot

VIC M players - 7
VIC C players - 4
WA players - 8
SA players - 2
TAS players - 1
NSW players - 0

SA came 3rd so they surely will have a few more and also equaled WA. NSW and TAS may get a few extra players due to them trying the new div 2, div 1 together thing. I may be biased on WA players but they have some real top end talent but after that it falls away quick.

Unlucky to miss:
N.Suban
Cornelius
Cahill
L.Johnstone
K.Klemke (real unlucky)
R.Edrickarma
Sheahan (also quite unlucky his dad may get him in)
T.Scully - didnt hear he did that well in this carnival
Hooper

THOUGHTS !!

Remove this Banner Ad

U/18 All Australian predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back