UFC 221 - PERTH - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope this isnt the official poster

UFC_221_poster.jpg

Whittaker vs Rockhold is pretty special. :thumbsu:
If that flog Rockhold wins however. If Rob wins can we say he's cleaned out the division? Yoel, Jacre and Rockhold is very impressive.

Is there anyone with more tickets on himself than him? At least Conor doesn't believe half of his talk, its just to sell tickets.

I really hope the main card is stacked with ranked fighters.

The Aussies like Jake Matthews, Dan Kelly etc, put them on prelims.

I don't want to see a co-main event like the last Australia event where a shit truck like Bec Rawlings co-headlined. Just keep her off the show altogether.

Might be little to no chance but would be awesome if they put something like Darren Till V Colby Covington on this card.

Lot of hype around Till & Covington seems to be trash talking just about everyone right now, also happens to ranked 3rd.

If that flog Rockhold wins however. If Rob wins can we say he's cleaned out the division? Yoel, Jacre and Rockhold is very impressive.

Is there anyone with more tickets on himself than him? At least Conor doesn't believe half of his talk, its just to sell tickets.
You could add Hall & Brunson to that list of names too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You dickheads saying **** GSP, are you complete ******s or just ridiculously casual that your first PPV was McGregor v Diaz?

Didn't earn it? Undisputed greatest WW of all time. Defended the title relentlessly against the #1 contenders for years. Has 2 losses, avenged both by stoppage (2x Hughes, 1x Serra.) When you have that status and you move up, you get the title shot. Has happened throughout history in all combat sports.

Giving up his title due to colitis... yet some of you want to talk shit about that? I have Colitis, and have to live with that shit. It can cripple you on a ****ing daily basis to the point where work/activity is impossible.

I hope you c**** disappear when McGregor retires for good.

You dickheads saying **** GSP, are you complete ******s or just ridiculously casual that your first PPV was McGregor v Diaz?

Didn't earn it? Undisputed greatest WW of all time. Defended the title relentlessly against the #1 contenders for years. Has 2 losses, avenged both by stoppage (2x Hughes, 1x Serra.) When you have that status and you move up, you get the title shot. Has happened throughout history in all combat sports.

Giving up his title due to colitis... yet some of you want to talk shit about that? I have Colitis, and have to live with that shit. It can cripple you on a ******* daily basis to the point where work/activity is impossible.

**** off mate. I've probably missed 3 or 4 fight night cards in 10 years.. he didn't earn that title shot. Not in the ****ing slightest.

You don't move up after retiring for 4 years.. plenty of new contenders for him at WW. SHIT argument.

I'm sorry you have Colitis but GSP gave himself Colitis (if he even has it) searching out an easier fight and maybe a few extra bucks.

Now he will never fight again because of it.. or he will find a magical cure. I respect the shit out of GSP (pun intended :cool:), I respect his ability to beat Bisping after 4 years off and the entirety of his career. Top 5 P4P ever, no doubt about it.

He didn't earn that shot. He held up the division doing so and imo, had no intention of defending it.

**** off mate. I've probably missed 3 or 4 fight night cards in 10 years.. he didn't earn that title shot. Not in the ******* slightest.

You don't move up after retiring for 4 years.. plenty of new contenders for him at WW. SHIT argument.

I'm sorry you have Colitis but GSP gave himself Colitis (if he even has it) searching out an easier fight and maybe a few extra bucks.

Now he will never fight again because of it.. or he will find a magical cure. I respect the shit out of GSP (pun intended :cool:), I respect his ability to beat Bisping after 4 years off and the entirety of his career. Top 5 P4P ever, no doubt about it.

He didn't earn that shot. He held up the division doing so and imo, had no intention of defending it.

I don't see why he shouldn't move up. Maybe he didn't need the stress of a big weight cut after so long out of the game and thought it might make it easier on him. And the fact he owned the current MW champ surely justifies him getting the shot.

I don't really see that the title matters that much anyway, I don't think you magically become a draw or earn more money with a title really. I think GSP had Bisping picked a fair way out and he just happened to have the title at the time.

I don't know whether that's what causes colitis from a quick google.
I might be reading to much into it, but GSP said that 2 weeks into his new nutritional program, designed to eat as much as possible and as often as possible, he developed stomachs issues that got progressively worse.

Hats off to him for pushing through and maintaining all that weight he put on considering he couldn't keep food down.

I might be reading to much into it, but GSP said that 2 weeks into his new nutritional program, designed to eat as much as possible and as often as possible, he developed stomachs issues that got progressively worse.

Hats off to him for pushing through and maintaining all that weight he put on considering he couldn't keep food down.

I didn't know about that. I thought the weight gain was a natural thing from being out of training camp for so long, though he's never been too far out of shape. I also thought that (ahem) the ASADA testing may have affected his ability to strip fat as well. Perhaps it was like I suspected, Bisping was the guy they wanted and he had to stack it on to get it to happen.

Giving up his title due to colitis... yet some of you want to talk shit about that? I have Colitis, and have to live with that shit. It can cripple you on a ******* daily basis to the point where work/activity is impossible.

**** biggiemediums.

Remove this Banner Ad

UFC 221 - PERTH - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back