MMA-UFC UFC 285: Jones vs Gane

Who wins?

• Jon Jones

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Cyril Gane

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly think Jones going to HW is scary for the guys there. I feel like Jones might be the guy who enjoys hurting people the most in the cage, he's a really frightening bloke to have to fight i think. Like I've said earlier I really don't know but gun to my head if I had to make a call Jones smokes all the HWs there, and it might be easily.
Biggest test for JJ at HW is this fight. He's more well rounded than the rest. But of course, at HW it only takes one punch.

Does the strength of the KO really matter? He still dropp Tai and ****ed him easily so that's genuine power and Ngannou isn't know for an iron chin as far as I'm aware. As for Aspinall I disagree, his wrestling/BJJ is a way higher level than Stipe but guess it'll remain unknown
Absolutely the strength of the KO matters when talking the scare factor.

Interesting take re Aspinall's wrestling (yes BJJ) being higher level than Stipe's. But as a fellow Aspinall enthusiast, I'll roll with it.

I watched Countdown or whatever it is yesterday, Jones looking thic, not sure if it’s good or bad yet
He doesnt look particularly good. Skinny legs still, huge gut.

Hard to picture him coming in with much of a speed advantage if any at all. Always lacked punching power. If his wrestling isnt better than the Reyes fight, i dont see it going well for him

He doesnt look particularly good. Skinny legs still, huge gut.

Hard to picture him coming in with much of a speed advantage if any at all. Always lacked punching power. If his wrestling isnt better than the Reyes fight, i dont see it going well for him

Looking at his rig he's probably going to fight smart and go a heavy wrestling plan. It's the ideal play, depends if Gane can avoid the clinch though, the speed advantage will be interesting to see. Jones fights as well at distance as anyone I've seen, but again if Gane is quick enough to get in and out he can light him up most likely.

Looking at his rig he's probably going to fight smart and go a heavy wrestling plan. It's the ideal play, depends if Gane can avoid the clinch though, the speed advantage will be interesting to see. Jones fights as well at distance as anyone I've seen, but again if Gane is quick enough to get in and out he can light him up most likely.
Has to be wrestling heavy. No chance he wins kickboxing bout imo

His wrestling looked bad 3 years ago. I dont see it working here unless he really turns back the clock...

Should be a good fight. People are divided on their picks for the main which adds to discussion. Not much else on the card i care about though

Has to be wrestling heavy. No chance he wins kickboxing bout imo

His wrestling looked bad 3 years ago. I dont see it working here unless he really turns back the clock...

Should be a good fight. People are divided on their picks for the main which adds to discussion. Not much else on the card i care about though

Bo Nickal will be worth seeing, I'm not anticipating much of a fight for him though

Not what I was expecting.

tYZBpkZh.jpg

Left is vs Reyes, right (and above) is now.

9xWNkrd.jpg

Make of that what you will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving the embeddeds with JJ back. He's going with the seriously focussed but nice guy persona this week, but the psychopathy in the eyes is impossible to hide. He's always been one of the more interesting characters to observe, whether it's running over pregnant winner Jones, or reformed Jones. Fascinating viewing.

In terms of his physique, as everyone else seems to be having their say, I'm with the the_interloper. JJ is no idiot when it comes to fighting, he'll have seen the massive red flags when Gane couldn't stop Ngannou's wrestling. Big and talented as he is, Gane is significantly inferior to the likes of Reyes when it comes to grappling, so my gut feel is even an over-the-hill Jones handles him fairly easily in that department.

Not what I was expecting.

tYZBpkZh.jpg

Left is vs Reyes, right (and above) is now.

9xWNkrd.jpg

Make of that what you will.

Realistically, you're only going to add so much muscle in your mid 30s without obvious signs of PED use

Realistically, you're only going to add so much muscle in your mid 30s without obvious signs of PED use
An like they said, it's not body building. He's not literally just trying to get big and strong he's trying to be functionally strong. Look at large wrestlers, not a heap of em have six packs but they still **** people up

An like they said, it's not body building. He's not literally just trying to get big and strong he's trying to be functionally strong. Look at large wrestlers, not a heap of em have six packs but they still * people up

Yeah, I reckon he'll look to wrestle early. I wouldn't be getting in a kickboxing fight with Gane.

Yeah, I reckon he'll look to wrestle early. I wouldn't be getting in a kickboxing fight with Gane.
I think his ego might get him to kickbox early, but If Gane starts touching him I think he'll clinch him against the fence and start grinding down his tank

Although in saying that Jon is one of the best ever at listening to coaching so if the plan is to wrestle early I'm sure he will

I think his ego might get him to kickbox early, but If Gane starts touching him I think he'll clinch him against the fence and start grinding down his tank

Although in saying that Jon is one of the best ever at listening to coaching so if the plan is to wrestle early I'm sure he will

I hope Gane punches him in the head really hard

He probably will, although Gane isn't a one punch guy he sorta capitalizes on opportunity and Jon doesn't exactly put himself out of position alot
I hope he gets the opportunity to punch Jones in the head really hard

Yeah fair call on Shav/Neal. Be interesting to see if hes the real deal. Gamrot i dont see as much special but ill be watching. Comain can be skipped, ill do some housework during that. Cannot stand Shevchenko lol
Agree re Gamrot, but Turner could be.

Remove this Banner Ad

MMA-UFC UFC 285: Jones vs Gane

Back