UK UK general election, July 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Stepping back from this shitshow for the Conservatives, I wonder if this will see real impetus for changing the election system in the UK from First past the post, to preferential voting. Conservative + Reform has been around the same as Labour. If they'd had preferential voting, most of those would have gone to the other as a preference before Labour, with one of them holding many of the seats lost. As it stands they've just ensured neither are getting many. Behind closed doors there'd be many three cheers for Farange at Labour celebrations.

Stepping back from this shitshow for the Conservatives, I wonder if this will see real impetus for changing the election system in the UK from First past the post, to preferential voting. Conservative + Reform has been around the same as Labour. If they'd had preferential voting, most of those would have gone to the other as a preference before Labour, with one of them holding many of the seats lost. As it stands they've just ensured neither are getting many. Behind closed doors there'd be many three cheers for Farange at Labour celebrations.
Didn't the UK reject preference voting only recently, i think 2011/12?

First past the post is shit, but Lol. Conservative + Reforms would no doubt be all for it at this stage, but why would Labour? It wasn't offered when Lib Dems were eating into their vote at times.

Didn't the UK reject preference voting only recently, i think 2011/12?
Yep and the Conservatives were dead against it. Not sure they are quite in the position where they would want to push it yet. They have a few years to try and recover and see if Reform will become legitimate or just a one off protest vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The SNP collapse is a pretty big story, far bigger than Reform taking a few seats from Conservatives. But it's reform getting early headlines despite them being the 5th biggest story.

Biggest story:

Tory collapse
Labour landslide and massive majority
Lib Dems huge gains
SNP collapse
Reform starting
Sinn Fein majority in NI seats.

This is insane and a lot of the Labour gains are rusted on Conservative seats.
SNP have been declining since the scandal with Sturgeons husband and change of leadership.
Farage is already starting to crow. Hope like hell he doesn't get a seat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back