Ukraine on verge of civil war?

Remove this Banner Ad

Still wouldn't surprise me at all for Russia to come up with a reason for a limited invasion ala Crimea. Go in as a "peacekeeping" force in certain eastern/southern regions or cities, set up further military infrastructure to help secure areas "for the locals" and then at their "request" hold some form of elections before a formal annexation. The buildup of forces in Belarus would basically serve as a "hands off" warning to Ukraine to just let it happen and not shoot Russian soldiers. Yeah there'd be some sanctions, but Russia would largely get away with it if they stuck to areas already outside of direct Ukrainian control. If they go further, then it all hinges on Ukrainian determination and acceptance of losses. No-one else is going to help them out that seriously.

This article mentions a few things that might factor in, although I'm skeptical the weather will matter too much, since Russia's advantages mostly come from the air (at least when we're talking about a large scale invasion). Not wanting to overshadow the Winter Olympics sounds like a stupid reason on face value, but probably quite a valid reason not to invade yet.

This is a worry

Neo Nazi groups are being harboured by Putin in Russia. Some of them even fought on the rebels side in the Donbass hybrid war.
Yeah, then there's the Wagner Group and this guy.

Pictured with Putin (far right, pardon the pun) - https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/odr/how-long-can-russia-outsource-atrocities-abroad/

Reported to have a swastika tattoo on his shoulder, and there are pictures floating around of him with SS tattoos, although I don't know if they've been confirmed as legitimate.

Pictured with Putin (far right, pardon the pun) - https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/odr/how-long-can-russia-outsource-atrocities-abroad/

Reported to have a swastika tattoo on his shoulder, and there are pictures floating around of him with SS tattoos, although I don't know if they've been confirmed as legitimate.

A Neo Nazi pictured with Putin. Have the good people of Donbass been made aware of this?

Just going to point out in the Wikipedia article the only link to his being far right is this
“Almost immediately after returning to Russia, Utkin reportedly created his own mercenary group. Utkin, who reportedly has a passion for the history of the Third Reich,[13] had the call-sign Wagner, presumably in honour of Richard Wagner, Adolf Hitler's favourite composer.[12]

And the other article is written by the CIA! Under another name but really it is.

At the same time as this was referring too the US had pumped billions into arming and training Syrian rebels and they turned out to be Islamic state and al qaeda terrorists, so there’s that to consider too. I don’t think the US was unaware of this either.

Last edited:
At the same time as this was referring too the US had pumped billions into arming and training Syrian rebels and they turned out to be Islamic state and al qaeda terrorists, so there’s that to consider too. I don’t think the US was unaware of this either.
Russia helped clean up the Islamic terror problem in Syria but never got credit for it, which is not surprising.

Russia helped clean up the Islamic terror problem in Syria but never got credit for it, which is not surprising.
I
t was even twisted into saying Russia only hit the most moderate of rebels which was crap as there were vids

I think it is well recognised and given the importance of the Russian naval ports in the crimea and syria, it explains what russia's motives are.

Yes its rt. But watch 1.25 to 1.40, its footage of biden boasting of using aid as leverage. At a council of foriegn affairs press conference

This is Us abc report investigation (very gentle )into hunter bidens business and joes politics intersecting.

Biden has the narrow look in his eyes, the look that knows lots but says nothing, and he has taught his boy who probably is wide eyed and well trained and even has a look of innocence , his eyes are wide, Joe has him in his clutches as Dads often do, and Hunter has gone full bore in support, but on the way Joe has taken some side roads, and as time moves on with a father who delves deeply into politics to a point of being second in charge of America then President himself, Hunter has followed the trail and lost the ability to see the good from the bad.
Thinking its just what happens in the world of business and politcal elites like the American political system is full of. Both sides.
Rich and privileged, its all those even some Republicans, that Trump terrified, and sorry you can rubbish Trump all you like all the good all the bad , he's a business man and a hard man but he was "what you saw was what you got".
Straight talking "we going to do this? Or sit on our hands" style, and then he did it.

But Joe is a part of those in the political business world that deal and do things and some things are just not really on the straight and narrow, but Joe is a 50 year career politician running inside this elite club , and the Democrats in my mind definitely set out to debase Trump from the day he started to try to get nominated for Presidential candidate!
The media main stream joined in media from all over the world, even to stay in with the "in crowd" some people wouldn't comment on Trump or had snide remarks to make of him.
In Australia it was opened up like a slit throat, the ABC did it, channel 10 (The Project) lots of commentators, news papers every silly buggar jumpwed on the anti Trump bandwagon it was like a fashion trend !
AND! It was ignorant and stupid.
Now America has got a suspect election result and the worst electoral system on earth, which can be rorted and has been before , ask JFK and the Outfit and Sam Giancana and all the crap that went on to win Kennedy that minuscule victory.

Nothing to do with Kennedy's capabilities just the fact that he got helped.
Well Trump got savaged like nothing before and never deserved it, and some Democrats are still baying for blood, they are cracked.
So they got their President, with a well trained cronie,his own boy and you probably have an American President that is a crook.
That is what that photo above looks like to me, Joe has flabberghasted his country by winning and he won by the assasination with lies and falsehoods of a President that was probably the most open and straight forward man they have ever had, because what ever skeletons Trump had,we all knew them , the Russian connection was and is Bulldust, but the Presidency of the USA , now has a very unsettling older man who at time appears to not be switched on, if he is switched on behind the scenes then his senile act is very clever and for me makes him even disturbingly worse.
And his non comments and changing the subject when Hunter is brought up, well forgetfulness is a great way to dodge responsibility, he follwed his left wing controllers and re-joined Paris .
Read about the Younger Dryas, and if you think that climate change isn't part of our history, the planet's I mean, warming and cooling forever , then you are stupid, but Joe obeyed and put the 2050 zero back on the agenda , and it is bulldust, we cannot change nature we do not create changes in climate, nature does that, there is no action to take, and geological science we can see how warming saved our arse during the last ice age melt, believe it!
Joe believed anything and well, he was too busy joining the warmers renewable, cult again, after Trump called it for what it really is, and killed it!
Its back on the agenda with Glasgow, Twiggy will break his own heart, and we'll live in bull**** forever , America still the most powerful , but we need to stop kidding ourselves.
We have to get back to mainstream common sense thinking , the wokery and the left has really gone of their heads too far.

Look at that photo Joe and Hunter all you need is Pelosi and maybe Albo could ask for a photo op, Hunter really looks like a enthusiastic young upstart, Putin will not form a new Russian Empire either, and he will most likely kill his own leadership NATO is and was created to make a wall of sorts because of the Soviet Union.
So Putins bull**** about , just showing up on the border with 100,000 troops to just let the west know??????? .
You see he is afraid of Ukraine being part of NATO, it won't happen , he knows it.

So he is the aggressor on a foolish adventure and he like Xi would face half the world.
USA, backs to the wall, are we all mad?
Putin is doing a stupid thing he could be a good European but he seems to hate everyone.

I wonder what the Russian people may think. Crazy part of the world and a seemingly continual place of hardship and misery why not have a rest Ruskies some peace.. Silly little man Vlad.

I think it is well recognised and given the importance of the Russian naval ports in the crimea and syria, it explains what russia's motives are.
ISIS is reappearing in Syria and of course in Afghanistan, maybe they'll look at Russia too, and even China and the Uighur problem, they are closer. But the Russians want a deep water naval base in Syria as well as Crimea , so is Vlad a real dickhead is he living 1940's again, its a new world I think. Soviet has gone and Russia because od it has many many enemies with long long memories.

Biden has the narrow look in his eyes, the look that knows lots but says nothing, and he has taught his boy who probably is wide eyed and well trained and even has a look of innocence , his eyes are wide, Joe has him in his clutches as Dads often do, and Hunter has gone full bore in support, but on the way Joe has taken some side roads, and as time moves on with a father who delves deeply into politics to a point of being second in charge of America then President himself, Hunter has followed the trail and lost the ability to see the good from the bad.
Thinking its just what happens in the world of business and politcal elites like the American political system is full of. Both sides.
Rich and privileged, its all those even some Republicans, that Trump terrified, and sorry you can rubbish Trump all you like all the good all the bad , he's a business man and a hard man but he was "what you saw was what you got".
Straight talking "we going to do this? Or sit on our hands" style, and then he did it.

But Joe is a part of those in the political business world that deal and do things and some things are just not really on the straight and narrow, but Joe is a 50 year career politician running inside this elite club , and the Democrats in my mind definitely set out to debase Trump from the day he started to try to get nominated for Presidential candidate!
The media main stream joined in media from all over the world, even to stay in with the "in crowd" some people wouldn't comment on Trump or had snide remarks to make of him.
In Australia it was opened up like a slit throat, the ABC did it, channel 10 (The Project) lots of commentators, news papers every silly buggar jumpwed on the anti Trump bandwagon it was like a fashion trend !
Now America has got a suspect election result and the worst electoral system on earth, which can be rorted and has been before , ask JFK and the Outfit and Sam Giancana and all the crap that went on to win Kennedy that minuscule victory.

Well Trump got savaged like nothing before and never deserved it, and some Democrats are still baying for blood, they are cracked.
So they got their President, with a well trained cronie,his own boy and you probably have an American President that is a crook.
That is what that photo above looks like to me, Joe has flabberghasted his country by winning and he won by the assasination with lies and falsehoods of a President that was probably the most open and straight forward man they have ever had, because what ever skeletons Trump had,we all knew them , the Russian connection was and is Bulldust, but the Presidency of the USA , now has a very unsettling older man who at time appears to not be switched on, if he is switched on behind the scenes then his senile act is very clever and for me makes him even disturbingly worse.
And his non comments and changing the subject when Hunter is brought up, well forgetfulness is a great way to dodge responsibility, he follwed his left wing controllers and re-joined Paris .
Read about the Younger Dryas, and if you think that climate change isn't part of our history, the planet's I mean, warming and cooling forever , then you are stupid, but Joe obeyed and put the 2050 zero back on the agenda , and it is bulldust, we cannot change nature we do not create changes in climate, nature does that, there is no action to take, and geological science we can see how warming saved our arse during the last ice age melt, believe it!
Joe believed anything and well, he was too busy joining the warmers renewable, cult again, after Trump called it for what it really is, and killed it!
Its back on the agenda with Glasgow, Twiggy will break his own heart, and we'll live in bull**** forever , America still the most powerful , but we need to stop kidding ourselves.
We have to get back to mainstream common sense thinking , the wokery and the left has really gone of their heads too far.

Look at that photo Joe and Hunter all you need is Pelosi and maybe Albo could ask for a photo op, Hunter really looks like a enthusiastic young upstart, Putin will not form a new Russian Empire either, and he will most likely kill his own leadership NATO is and was created to make a wall of sorts because of the Soviet Union.
So Putins bull**** about , just showing up on the border with 100,000 troops to just let the west know??????? .
You see he is afraid of Ukraine being part of NATO, it won't happen , he knows it.

So he is the aggressor on a foolish adventure and he like Xi would face half the world.
Putin is doing a stupid thing he could be a good European but he seems to hate everyone.

I wonder what the Russian people may think. Crazy part of the world and a seemingly continual place of hardship and misery why not have a rest Ruskies some

I wonder what the Russian people may think. Crazy part of the world and a seemingly continual place of hardship and misery why not have a rest Ruskies some peace.. Silly little man Vlad.
Dude don’t post after a big weekend on the Benny cuz specials lol

ISIS is reappearing in Syria and of course in Afghanistan, maybe they'll look at Russia too, and even China and the Uighur problem, they are closer. But the Russians want a deep water naval base in Syria as well as Crimea , so is Vlad a real dickhead is he living 1940's again, its a new world I think. Soviet has gone and Russia because od it has many many enemies with long long memories.

what makes me smile about Russia is it seeks to expand its empire. Yet the lives of the current citizens of Russia is an embarrassment based on international standards. Why seek to spread a shit model?

Same said with China and the Uighur, who are actually Kazakhs by blood. If China doesn't like them, give it back to Kazakhstan. How Fn hard is it?

There needs to be political stability in nations to avoid ever increasing calls for separatist movements but at the same time, the peoples voices must be heard.

what makes me smile about Russia is it seeks to expand its empire. Yet the lives of the current citizens of Russia is an embarrassment based on international standards. Why seek to spread a sh*t model?
Tradition! The Tsar did the same. The Soviets at least tried to industrialise and innovate.

what makes me smile about Russia is it seeks to expand its empire. Yet the lives of the current citizens of Russia is an embarrassment based on international standards. Why seek to spread a sh*t model?

Same said with China and the Uighur, who are actually Kazakhs by blood. If China doesn't like them, give it back to Kazakhstan. How Fn hard is it?

There needs to be political stability in nations to avoid ever increasing calls for separatist movements but at the same time, the peoples voices must be heard.
The quality of life of ones own people isn’t usually a factor in real politik as long as it isn’t getting to the point of destroying national unity.
One thing I noticed, barring warhawks most Americans seem to point to -“ we have no control over our own southern borders- why on earth are we worried about Ukraine? Or the ongoing racial injustice issues, or the paedophiles who seem to be blackmailing politicians and oligarchs?” Americans don’t give a dam about Ukraine overall.
Hawaii wants independence too, shouldn’t they be allowed self determination?
point is, any other reason that the US regime gives for supporting Ukraine is lies other than “we wish to control its strategic military position on the map, preferably at the expense of stability in the region.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tradition! The Tsar did the same. The Soviets at least tried to industrialise and innovate.

The mechanical engineering of the Russians has been amazing, evidenced by their military hardware often going deeper, higher and faster first.

Where they've trailed is electronic engineering and IT

I wonder how the equation would have worked, in regards to US vs Russian engineering, if not for the US collecting all the UK and german technology and people post war.

I wonder how the equation would have worked, in regards to US vs Russian engineering, if not for the US collecting all the UK and german technology and people post war.
The US didn't really do that, the Russians captured plenty of the technology and scientists behind it. The USA really only got von Braun and members of his team. The Soviets got the actual rocket technology. But yeah the US benefited from being able to develop (or steal) the UK discoveries that in the post war economy the UK couldn't fund.

And a real bottom line is the world how it is today cannot handle a major power world conflict. So hope some sensible heads are about.
But also maybe its all bluff and rattling, but how can you know?

The mechanical engineering of the Russians has been amazing, evidenced by their military hardware often going deeper, higher and faster first.

Where they've trailed is electronic engineering and IT

Crikey the other way around? Never thought of that thinking about how Stalin's people stole Nuclear technology from USA who got it off those mother's of Invention Germany and the UK to get started , would have seen the technology go in the other direction.

Crikey the other way around? Never thought of that thinking about how Stalin's people stole Nuclear technology from USA who got it off those mother's of Invention Germany and the UK to get started , would have seen the technology go in the other direction.

As I grew up I always remembered hearing the history of the USA after WW2 and technology and the name Werner Von Braun always came up, caught, and taken with all his German knowledge to the USA, beginning to help the American advancement into a super power and first out of the stalls with future nuclear power. And the Moon I guess eventually, and I guess other scientists too.

But the USSR got their blue prints for exploding atoms and there was the way the world went.

A friend of mine told me only in the last couple of days, that even as a strong military power, Russia has about the same size economy as Australia, of course it has 5 or 6 thousand nuclear war heads, but conventionally they may run out, I am not sure of this, but he thinks the Russians will slip in grab a bit more of Eastern Ukraine then pull back,and down the track try a bit more?
I think Putin would be really stretching himself , and I don't see his ambitions for expansion as logical
( and it may only be just his ambition, not sure how well he's liked by some of his own people or maybe some Generals?)

He would have many enemies that the Soviets would have stood over with long memories, Ukraine and Russians are close as a people , but I knew a Ukrainian many years ago , that said to me once don't ever call me a Russian. That would be back in the sixties, maybe they should live and let live. Its a hard place to understand.

As I grew up I always remembered hearing the history of the USA after WW2 and technology and the name Werner Von Braun always came up, caught, and taken with all his German knowledge to the USA, beginning to help the American advancement into a super power and first out of the stalls with future nuclear power. And the Moon I guess eventually, and I guess other scientists too.

But the USSR got their blue prints for exploding atoms and there was the way the world went.

A friend of mine told me only in the last couple of days, that even as a strong military power, Russia has about the same size economy as Australia, of course it has 5 or 6 thousand nuclear war heads, but conventionally they may run out, I am not sure of this, but he thinks the Russians will slip in grab a bit more of Eastern Ukraine then pull back,and down the track try a bit more?
I think Putin would be really stretching himself , and I don't see his ambitions for expansion as logical
( and it may only be just his ambition, not sure how well he's liked by some of his own people or maybe some Generals?)

He would have many enemies that the Soviets would have stood over with long memories, Ukraine and Russians are close as a people , but I knew a Ukrainian many years ago , that said to me once don't ever call me a Russian. That would be back in the sixties, maybe they should live and let live. Its a hard place to understand.

spot on

Russia's military punches above its weight based on economy, partly because they pride themselves on it and the lessons learned from not being ready in WW2. There tanks seem to be the most impressive on a global benchmark and their low cost operations (low wages and tough it out approach) gives them a real advantage in defence.

I'm not sure I would want to be on their ships or aircraft, as although they have fabulous hardware, I'm not confident of their combat systems. That said their nuclear powered submarine drones could be a real game changer on the blue sea.

but absolutely Putin will be opportunistic in eastern europe but he's smart enough not to overcommit and expose his east.

Interesting to see how this goes. Putin's also been invited to inspect NATO bases upon the condition that NATO can inspect Russian bases / military buildup. Sounds like NATO are calling Vlad's bluff.

This is all just payback for when Russia embarrassed the USA in Syria and exposed ISIS for what it was ….

I can see why the ABC got its extra funding back now …. No
Wonder they closed comments

Yeah, I was like wut wut wut. The timing to coincide with Sochi and the fact senator McCain was only recently in the Ukraine, supporting these same people, seemed a little to glaring to ignore.

The problem the Ukranians have is that whomever the US is aligned with has been chosen for either maximum compliance, or maximum damage.

Wow so Acurate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ukraine on verge of civil war?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back