Under 19 (2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point Cardio it does look a little suss. However the club only had 17 OC players and had to get top ups from other clubs.

I guess the thing is that there top half dozen are very good but they don't really have enough players to field a side let alone any depth so i guess it was on that basis that the call was made.

Hard to make a proper assessment of the merit of the call until they have played a few more I reckon.

OC won't go 18-0 or anything near that . . . .

I don't see it as an issue really. They had 17 OC players and Blacks are happy to give from Section 1. But that 17 players might go down to say 13 on a bad week - not sure Blacks have then '9' to give . . . .

It's odd as their top 7 is outstanding in section 2. But I am all over St Bedes in Section 2

The Friars will improve - give them a month though . . .

OC never have and never will ever test themselves against the best.. they are quite content going year after year trophy hunting in a division or two lower then what they should be capable of... cmon boys isnt it time for a challenge?

OC won't go 18-0 or anything near that . . . .

I don't see it as an issue really. They had 17 OC players and Blacks are happy to give from Section 1. But that 17 players might go down to say 13 on a bad week - not sure Blacks have then '9' to give . . . .

It's odd as their top 7 is outstanding in section 2. But I am all over St Bedes in Section 2

The Friars will improve - give them a month though . . .

Well said. how could they be expected to play section one with 17 players then borrow form where? You simply can't play section one with a list of 17. The top ups obvioulsy helped but lets just see what happens when injuries, illness and uni holidays set in!
They would have been a laughing stock in section one.

Well said. how could they be expected to play section one with 17 players then borrow form where? You simply can't play section one with a list of 17. The top ups obvioulsy helped but lets just see what happens when injuries, illness and uni holidays set in!
They would have been a laughing stock in section one.

A laughing stock like SKOB's who got smashed by 150 points in Premier Div, but are at least having a crack just like Old Carey & Uni Blacks who have come up from Div 2 '06 & maybe in same situation as OC.

Yeah, keep 'em in 2 Div so they can make Whitefriars, Caulfield, Collegians, Beauy the laughing stocks of Div2.

Lets see what happens.

A laughing stock like SKOB's who got smashed by 150 points in Premier Div, but are at least having a crack just like Old Carey & Uni Blacks who have come up from Div 2 '06 & maybe in same situation as OC.

Yeah, keep 'em in 2 Div so they can make Whitefriars, Caulfield, Collegians, Beauy the laughing stocks of Div2.

Lets see what happens.

Well, if SkOBS had 17 on their list then they would be the same.

The side you are comparing them to have more than 17 of their own players!

Well, if SkOBS had 17 on their list then they would be the same.

The side you are comparing them to have more than 17 of their own players!

Cardio, as I said, I think they have little chance of kicking more than 5 goals at Brindisi and will struggle on the road bigtime.

Whitefriars were very short of match practice . . .

If they really do have 17 on the list I am amazed they are going ahead at all. That 17 could easily be 12 in 10 weeks time . . . why not ? ?

That's only one player per fortnight. Not a bad run for any club !!

Cardio, as I said, I think they have little chance of kicking more than 5 goals at Brindisi and will struggle on the road bigtime.

If they really do have 17 on the list I am amazed they are going ahead at all. That 17 could easily be 12 in 10 weeks time . . . why not ? ?

As stated, lets wait and see.

Big news came last night that 1 2nd Div Club approached the league yesterday to go down to Div 3 asap if a club from that Div is willing to step up...stay tuned! However doubtful.

As stated, lets wait and see.

Big news came last night that 1 2nd Div Club approached the league yesterday to go down to Div 3 asap if a club from that Div is willing to step up...stay tuned! However doubtful.

I can't top that only to say that Camberwell lost 2 PLAYERS - so had 19, back to 17 as of last week.

Both of whom played a GF last year - one of whom was Best on Ground in Grand Final - to Banyule. The other a handy player too !

So think about that one . . . you have 19, lose two to make 17 . . . what are them the club thinking of in 2007 ? ?

Would you have signed those transfer forms last Thursday without asking as to why you are leaving ? ?

It's funny because we hear so often about clubs not been rated with a bright future and no Unders - Old Geelong the classic case currently - particularly if they go to C Grade. But how will Camberwell sustain with that few - in Section 2, or North, or Blue - wherever !! ??

Season is as good as over... St.Bedes Mentone Tigers to win the Flag... they will have no competition... with a few u19s playing seniors already just imagine they force they could be if they actually had their full u19 line up playing... should have been in U19 (Premier) from the start of the season, will do it easy. M.Bodinaar to easily win the goal kicking... by a long shot.

Season is as good as over... St.Bedes Mentone Tigers to win the Flag... they will have no competition... with a few u19s playing seniors already just imagine they force they could be if they actually had their full u19 line up playing... should have been in U19 (Premier) from the start of the season, will do it easy. M.Bodinaar to easily win the goal kicking... by a long shot.

Fantastic news.

The club should thank the players from the other 11 clubs in Div 2 for providing practice matches for them over the next 17 weeks before they hold the cup aloft. Actually should see if we can get the league to shorten the season and get it over and done with asap.

I remember Old Melb went undefeated for the 1st 7 or 8 games last year & were very cocky, only for the other teams to restructure and come over the top of them in the 2nd half.

We should not order the Champange just yet.

St Bedes very solid outfit should definatly feature in premier division this year.

also how many goals did Bonidar kick last year?

Fantastic news.

The club should thank the players from the other 11 clubs in Div 2 for providing practice matches for them over the next 17 weeks before they hold the cup aloft. Actually should see if we can get the league to shorten the season and get it over and done with asap.

I remember Old Melb went undefeated for the 1st 7 or 8 games last year & were very cocky, only for the other teams to restructure and come over the top of them in the 2nd half.

We should not order the Champange just yet.

I diagree. They were a great side full strength yet lost Code for weeks which was critical to them and finals time - could have won week one and stiff to kick awfully in their second final.

They were a good side. Skills were solid, always had a crack when I saw them.

Week one of the seniors in 2007 saw Playfair and Morrison in the best in B Grade win - those guys are were very handy Section 2 Under 19's players.

I thought in 2006 where thet were suspect was their depth and a few injuries cost them at the end and poor conversion.

As Camberwell happily will tell you - they ONLY won due to NO injuries in the last 5 weeks. And there may have been the difference.I think it took more than JUST that . . . but that is only my opinion.

SJ

I stand corrected and apologise for any un-informed information.

StB - 24.13.157
OC - 6.3.39

you were 1 goal out! - however accurate on your overall assesment - well done.

all the best

CC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SJ

I stand corrected and apologise for any un-informed information.

StB - 24.13.157
OC - 6.3.39

you were 1 goal out! - however accurate on your overall assesment - well done.

all the best

CC

No problems- just keeping it in perspective. St Bedes and Beauy will be awesome at home. Have no doubt.

Camberwell haven't lost like since round 2 last year ! hahaha

Does anyone know the result from Old Parade v Caulfield over the weekend?

Not on the VAFA site or in media for some reason.

cheers

Not sure who is to blame - but PM Monday night

No score - no best - nothing

D3 - no score from Powerhouse / Hawthorn

Also, no round 2 Amateur footballer in PDF

They are losing it down Elsternwick way !!!!

Mitch Bodinaar is by far the most dominant player in the compeition he kicked six goals in a quarter and half before being rested for the remainder of the game, the STBMT outfit is getting stronger every week, unstoppable at home and the bigger the ground the better they will be. So Fit and So Quick. Good Luck to those who take them on

The ball was coming down so fast to full forward, anyone could have kicked 6 goals in the 1st quarter and a half !!

Mitch Bodinaar is by far the most dominant player in the compeition he kicked six goals in a quarter and half before being rested for the remainder of the game, the STBMT outfit is getting stronger every week, unstoppable at home and the bigger the ground the better they will be. So Fit and So Quick. Good Luck to those who take them on

2006 - note

Hillier for Camberwell got around 80 goals last year in about 16 games - not too bad. That was as a permanent full forward. Bull got about 70 goals in about the same for Carey ? ? He didnt get goals in finals. Hillier got about 16 in 3 finals.

Bodinaar was in the Under 19 combined side - as per record - on the wing

Can't crack Seniors ? ? Interesting

2006 - note

Hillier for Camberwell got around 80 goals last year in about 16 games - not too bad. That was as a permanent full forward. Bull got about 70 goals in about the same for Carey ? ? He didnt get goals in finals. Hillier got about 16 in 3 finals.

-----------------------------------------------------

I believe he is not interested in playing in the seniors at the moment

2006 - note

Just For The Record: Mitch Bodinnar kicked 87 goals last year playing only 15 games, he kicked 4 in the Grand Final. Most of hes Marks are all contested with about 3 or 4 people pushing back in front of him. Thinking that he isnt good enough for seniors, well, Under-estimate him at your on peril. Bodinnar is a gun and you just wait for the next few years when he becomes one of the big things in the VAFA playing senior footy.

Just For The Record: Mitch Bodinnar kicked 87 goals last year playing only 15 games, he kicked 4 in the Grand Final. Most of hes Marks are all contested with about 3 or 4 people pushing back in front of him. Thinking that he isnt good enough for seniors, well, Under-estimate him at your on peril. Bodinnar is a gun and you just wait for the next few years when he becomes one of the big things in the VAFA playing senior footy.

Ill ask it this way, why isn't he in a 22 then for the seniors ? ?

They are outstanding stats . . . . no question

I have no time for people syaing he is too young or they are too good a side for him. Will he play say 5-10 senior games this year ? ?

That was my angle - I agree, do not underestimate ! !

He only played a qrt and a half?....word around is he is carrying an injury that is why he can't crack a senior game and may become suspect when other U19 teams catch on to it.

He has kicked 35% of their goals (in 5 and half qtrs of footy) so take him out through senior selection, injury or tactics and the team becomes vulnerable.

like i said before , the ball has been travelling so fast into the full forward area of late, that you could have 3 or 4 other st bedes guys playing there and kicking the same amount of goals !

The full back from st bedes went down to full forward in the last quarter and kicked 2 goals in about 5 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back