U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Pacconi was best on for Trinity against Xavs in the 1's and Coulsen-Hoffacker was best on against STBM and UNI BLUES early on in the season too in the seniors. Both, along with Jessop, are gun players for the OT's and will be important to whatever team they play especially the 19's come finals time.

Its a big call for OT to decide on the playing future of some of its under 19's playing seniors. All have impressed at senior level and state level too( dayne coulson-hoffecker and luke paconi representing the VAFA U19's in qland,luke paconi getting a second best on ground)!btw..ive heard all that paconi is good at in the seniors is tagging star midfielders and shutting them down completely?any clarification from the OT boys?
Tough call for OT's but staying in A grade would be more of a priority....

I just know the playing group want to atone for the performance they put in last time. This time it is at our home ground which we play well at. Also Ivanhoe have lost 2 out of their last 3 so their form is not great. I am not saying this leads to a definate Banyule victory but I know the margin will not be 117 points again.

Its a big call for OT to decide on the playing future of some of its under 19's playing seniors. All have impressed at senior level and state level too( dayne coulson-hoffecker and luke paconi representing the VAFA U19's in qland,luke paconi getting a second best on ground)!btw..ive heard all that paconi is good at in the seniors is tagging star midfielders and shutting them down completely?any clarification from the OT boys?
Tough call for OT's but staying in A grade would be more of a priority....

VAFA: Best: Lee Parisi Saville Young Hellier Mugavin

pretty sure paconi wasnt 2nd best on ground mate! is a very good player though

He was named second best on in the queensland paper up there by the qafl u21's coach.....my sources have told me that the VAFA and qafl posted two different best players for that game!just clarifying that one up anyways....cheers!

Great game on the w/e between OT and OI. Close for most of the day, but OT were the probably the better team on the day and pulled away in the last.

Maybe it's just me but OT have some of the worst supporters in the league. They continually abused both the umpires and the OI blokes all day, even once the game was over and they had won. Fortunately the OT blokes actually out on the park had a bit more respect and played a hard and fair game.

Anyone else agree with me that Lewis Hogan, #81 from old camberwell is one of the best players not only for old camberwell, but the entire league. Gun back player with silky skill and clean disposal by hand and foot. Cheers.

Anyone else agree with me that Lewis Hogan, #81 from old camberwell is one of the best players not only for old camberwell, but the entire league. Gun back player with silky skill and clean disposal by hand and foot. Cheers.

Pull the other one mate:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROUND 15 TIPS

quick tips this week.

BANYULE/VIEWBANK vs OLD IVANHOE - Ivanhoe will be bitterly disappointed losing to Old Trinity last week and will be keen to take revenge on a confident, yet brittle Banyule. Spargs and Delmonte played against OT's but I dont believe they will be dropped back again this week for this clash. Still don't understand why they were taken off with 10 minutes to go???

OLD CAREY vs MANNINGHAM SHARKS - Old Carey are struggling badly at the moment. They lost to Bulleen Temp at home last week and are sitting 4th last and if they dont pull out some wins towards the end of the season they will be looking at relegation. They have a good chance this week at beating Mannigham who arent going that great either. I reckon they will get over the line at home...just.

OLD ESSENDONvs BULLEEN TEMPLESTOWE - Bulleen Temp will be on a massive high after beating Old Carey away because records state that Bulleen Temp struggle to get wins away from Ted Ajani. They have another massive test this week away at Old Essendon, but OEG are rubbish so I am tipping Bulleen Temp this week. I really hope they win because I want Bulleen Temp in the top 4 instead of Fitzroy who are bunch of dirty players and their coach shouldnt be allowed to coach in the league from the way he talks to spectators and players.

OLD TRINITY vs OLD CAMBERWELL - Old Trinity are also on a massive high after knocking off top of the table Ivanhoe last week. They truly believe they are a final contender and will continue to make a strong charge towards them. Many of the camberwell boys are well aware that the T's are missing some key players due to injury and senior comittment, this will give them some confidence going into a game that they will most likely lose but it should be a much more even competitive game than earlier in the year. Definately not 100 point thrashing though. But should be a cracking game none the less.

FITZROY REDS vs OLD PARADIANS/ST DAMIENS - Fitzroy Reds gave the Sharks a right old shlacking last week and will look to continue the form they showed in the win this week against Old Paradians who I believe will be more than 120+ points provided the conditions remain as well as they are outside.

Should be a good weekend weather wise and football wise. Getting ever so closer to finals time, there are a few teams that need some big wins to either avoid relegation or have a crack come finals time.

Good luck to all. HK

Ivanhoe proved to strong again for Banyule once again but at half time and even 3/4 time the Yula's were still in the contest. Banyule were missing a few good players but noticed that Mugavin didn't play for Ivanhoe and hasn't played for a while. Any one know why?

Ivanhoe proved to strong again for Banyule once again but at half time and even 3/4 time the Yula's were still in the contest. Banyule were missing a few good players but noticed that Mugavin didn't play for Ivanhoe and hasn't played for a while. Any one know why?

Mugavin has been struggling for most of the year with a variety of niggling injuries, however his knee has kept him out for about the past month. Most likely that he wont be rushed back into the side until he is fully fit and 100% as OI are obviously well placed for finals.

ROUND 16 TIPS.

I got 4/5 correct last week. With the Sharks causing a massive upset against Old Carey who are now facing a massive fight to avoid relegation.

This weeks matches:-

OLD IVANHOE
vs OLD CAMBERWELL - Old Ivanhoe bounced back like I believed they would against a gallant Banyule outfit. Old Camberwell were competitive for a half against an under-manned OT's side but fell away in the 2nd. Unforunately don't see them standing a chance against the premiership favourites. Interesting to hear talk about Mugavin not playing last week, or the last few weeks. Is a good strong player and hopefully will play finals for OI. Old Ivanhoe by 60+.

BANYULE/VIEWBANK vs OLD ESSENDON - Banyule went down to probably the best team in the competition last week by a fairly large margin. They will want to bounce back strong this week and gain some good form against the weaker teams. They are going to need it come finals if they are to match it with Ivanhoe or Trinity. OEG got a spanking from Bulleen Temp last week by just under 100 points and there season continues to look bleek. Maybe they might win because they are at home..or maybe not. Probs not. Banyule in a one-sided affair, 50+ points.

OLD PARADIANS vs OLD CAREY - I'm going for a massive upset this weekend. Old Carey have been woeful the past few weeks and I don't see their form improving at all. They got smashed by Bulleen Temp who apparently arent great away from home which goes to show how much of a slump they are in. OP's got absolutely annihilated last week by Fitzroy. I tipped over 120 and they smashed that. They will look to bounce back strong this week and will believe they are every chance against a weakening Old Carey unit. Old Paradians by 15+ points.

OLD TRINITY vs MANNINGHAM SHARKS - The Sharks will be on a massive high after coming in underdogs against Old Carey and getting over the line. This high I believe won't be high enough as Old Trinity proved that even without a top team on the park they can still get the job done against a competitive Old Camberwell unit. Old Trinity travel well and should get on top of the sharks early and then run out the rest of the game with ease. These soughts of games are important for OT's run towards the finals for % and also the 4 points. News fresh from Bulleen is that Humann is well on the road to recovery. Argueably one of the best players in the competition when fit, the thought of the big one running around soon is a very scary thought, along with the others who are either injured or playing seniors. Old Trinity by 70+ points.

FITZROY REDS vs BULLEEN TEMPLESTOWE (HK's MATCH OF THE ROUND) - Both of these teams have come off massive wins and will both go into this game with heaps of confidence they can come away with the 4 points. The winner of this game will determine 4th spot. Will Fitzroy hold on and continue their excellent form towards the finals? Or can Bulleen prove that the win away wasnt just a fluke and they too, are a genuine chance at the premiership? This is match of the round for me and should be a cracker. Bulleen Temp proved that they could kick a massive score away from home and Fitzroy dispensed of OP with the biggest score of the round last week. I do believe, however, that Fitzroy Reds are a stronger, faster and better team than Bulleen and they should come away winners at the end of a hard fought clash between 4th and 5th. Fitzroy Reds by 30+ points.

Once again, good luck to all teams. With only a few more rounds to go, many teams are sweating on results of other teams to determine where they go this season as well as next season. Just to prove how exciting it is, both Bulleen Temp and Fitzroy have the chance to move to 3rd on the ladder if Banyule lose to OEG this weekend, along with the points, % will play a role too. Still, could OEG perform a miracle and beat them at home? We will have to wait and see.

HK

FITZROY REDS vs BULLEEN TEMPLESTOWE (HK's MATCH OF THE ROUND)

The winner of this game will determine 4th spot.
Not sure about that. Although the reds should win regardless. If they were to lose they would just need to win probably just one of there next 2 games against lesser opposition. As there percentage is much higher then bulleen and bulleen have both ivanhoe and trinity coming up.

Not sure about that. Although the reds should win regardless. If they were to lose they would just need to win probably just one of there next 2 games against lesser opposition. As there percentage is much higher then bulleen and bulleen have both ivanhoe and trinity coming up.

it will determine who is 4th next week, not for the remainder of the season. and yes fitzroy should easily win, as i have tipped them by 30+ points.

Bulleen will do the reds by 40+ points!! The Bullants are the tougher and more talented team and will have a few surprises today!! Though Fitzroy will probably end up winning the battle for forth spot!

Is it just me or does anyone else think it odd that the North 1 semis are being played at Old Trinity.

PLaying a 2nd semi against Old Ivanhoe on their home ground is a fair advantage isn't it?

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back