U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or does anyone else think it odd that the North 1 semis are being played at Old Trinity.

PLaying a 2nd semi against Old Ivanhoe on their home ground is a fair advantage isn't it?

who organises where finals are played? trinity would have had nothing to do with that as they are organised before the season begins. the vafa probably assumed that bulleen are the best grounds in the competition and thus chose them to be the home of the semi-finals.

Is it just me or does anyone else think it odd that the North 1 semis are being played at Old Trinity.

PLaying a 2nd semi against Old Ivanhoe on their home ground is a fair advantage isn't it?

Scribe, mate.....South 1 Finals are being played at Old Trinity aswell so it ain't fixed, it's just the way the VAFA has done things.

don't think scribe is suggesting its 'fixed' but that old trinity now have a massive advantage during the finals series.

How do trinity have a massive advantage come finals time? They play one final there of a possible 3. Stop having a cry and a whinge. Opposition teams should just be grateful that they get to play on one of the best surfaces in the competition and in Melbourne.

How do trinity have a massive advantage come finals time? They play one final there of a possible 3. Stop having a cry and a whinge. Opposition teams should just be grateful that they get to play on one of the best surfaces in the competition and in Melbourne.

who's whinging? its an advantage in that you get to play on the ground where you have been training since jan/feb, and have played all your home games on.

if finals were at OI's or Banyule's ground, you be saying the same thing!

Sharks have had some good performances, anyone with some insight? probably wouldnt matter now considering finals is out of the question.

although, OI and Banyule seem to be dropping off the pace.

OT will probably be clear finalist favourites, whether played at OT or away.

Sharks have had some good performances, anyone with some insight? probably wouldnt matter now considering finals is out of the question.

although, OI and Banyule seem to be dropping off the pace.

OT will probably be clear finalist favourites, whether played at OT or away.

OT were 8 goals down at halftime to the Sharks. Yes they got up and won, "just".

That's not setting the world on fire.

Clearly Fitzroy reds are the form team.

yes fitzroy form team but sharks have definetly improved and been impressive in the 2nd half of the year.

- battling it out with OI for 3 quarters, going down by 30pts
- beating bulleen by 6 goals who are/were a top 4 team
- losing to trinity by 1 goal, after being 8 goals up at the break

give credit where its due.

yes fitzroy form team but sharks have definetly improved and been impressive in the 2nd half of the year.

- battling it out with OI for 3 quarters, going down by 30pts
- beating bulleen by 6 goals who are/were a top 4 team
- losing to trinity by 1 goal, after being 8 goals up at the break

give credit where its due.

you have won 5 games of a possible 16. What type of praise would you like? Honourable losses mean shit all in under 19's, quite often top teams simply switch off or get the job done when they play poorer teams like yours. The closeness of the Ivanhoe and Trinity games is more about them playing badly, than you playing well.

arrogance champ. im saying the 2nd half has been good for the sharks. first 6 games they were laughed at, now taken a lil more seriuosly. thats all.

agreed the sharks have been the big improvers since the beginning of the year... credit to the players for not giving up on their season!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

couldnt agree more. lewis hogans form throughout the year has made many teams take notice of his elite skills. his ability to take a mark and kick long hav improved the all round performance of the camberwell team. also, his uncanny ability to kick goals as a back player is astonoshng. my tip for league best and fairest. any thoughts? cheers

There is no doubt that lewis is a great player, his goal tally is remarkable. But what we should really look at is his effect on a game in conjunction with his total game time. The next Dane Swan i reckon. cheers

Hernia,

As a life member of OTs, and former club secretary, I'm delighted that you boys get to play a 2nd semi final against Old Ivanhoe on the Daley or Hudson Ovals I spent, hmmm.....about 22 years playing on. :)

I just think its weird that the VAFA are so hamstrung with grounds for finals that they feel forced to allocate matches where one team has a home ground advantage. Even if its for only one week of the finals series, it is a complete 180 degree turn from previous years. Fact is, you guys win that game, you only have to win one more to get the flag. If I were from Old Ivanhoe, I'd be a tad miffed.

FWIW - I'm hoping its a OTs -v- Reds GF, and if I'm not playing or coaching that day, I'll turn up with my trusty old #25 OTs jumper as well as the recently acquired #8 Reds guernesy. Hopefully my old mate Ramsden might be there too and we can share a few 'wets' after the game.

Fraser

Frase,

I completely agree with you and I know that you're not the one whinging but other teams who value their home ground might not be happy with the arrangement and kick up a stink. Not only do we play our semi there but the other semi is also being played there.

It is a big home advantage to Old Trinity but I think that all clubs who have played on either ground and who are going to play there come finals time will actually appreciate playing on such fine surfaces. I know that if I was Bulleen Temp for example and had a choice to play a final on a crappy ground like Ted Ajani etc I would want to have the chance to play on a really nice surface that would bring out excellent football from both teams and reduce the chance of injury.

HK

Hmmmm.. I wander what Old Ivanhoe would prefer. Playing on OT's home ground or neutral territory? lets say Ted Ajani for arguments sake. I'm interested to hear an answer to that.

Hmmmm.. I wander what Old Ivanhoe would prefer. Playing on OT's home ground or neutral territory? lets say Ted Ajani for arguments sake. I'm interested to hear an answer to that.

You would think that if the OI ends up top at the end of the year, maybe they should be granted a home final.

Ammo's must be joking to give the inferior (ladder position only) an advantage over the superior team.

You would think that if the OI ends up top at the end of the year, maybe they should be granted a home final.

Ammo's must be joking to give the inferior (ladder position only) an advantage over the superior team.

do you think the fact that old trinity beat them during the season means that they the more superior?

as for the leading goal-kicker, i would put strong money on macready-bryan from old carey but they are going shizen at the moment so if he cant get the pill delivered to him you'd say either moretti (OT) or greer (OI). interesting to see jack callanan from the sharks sitting 2nd on the goal kicking, you'd think that they would be sitting better on the ladder with forward power like that. interesting...

not sure but do all clubs take the goals and bests seriously. just so people know banyule havent filled this out about 4 times this year so out two top goal kickers are actually a lot higher. not saying they are winning i dont actually know what they are on.

also whos your tip for comp b&f?

not sure but do all clubs take the goals and bests seriously. just so people know banyule havent filled this out about 4 times this year so out two top goal kickers are actually a lot higher. not saying they are winning i dont actually know what they are on.

also whos your tip for comp b&f?

the votes for league b&f are from the umps, has nothing to do with the best that the clubs give each saturday night. my tip is DIORITES from OI or maybe B.ROBERTSON or N.HOWELL from OT. not sure though. i know that many of the players that vote well for trinity are either injured or have been in and out of the seniors all year.

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 Under 19's North Divison 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back