Unpopular Port Adelaide opinion you may have

Remove this Banner Ad

A St Kilda/Western Bulldogs type team... just to clarify because these are a bit different, do you mean a team that's made two grand finals and won a flag since we last made a GF, or a side that's just made two grand finals since we last made one?
Is there a single person in this thread that wants to be a western bulldogs type team? I certainly hope not. They've got one flag since the 50's.. and have had a better or on par list then us since 2015. It's almost like we have a better coach who gets players like boak, gray and westhoff to the same place on the ladder as teams with Bontempelli's, Liberatore's and million dollar forwards. I often wonder if die hard Port supporters actually watch other teams play.

There's a reason why we get flogged everytime we play a team with champion players in finals. Our players simply aren't as good.

Is there a single person in this thread that wants to be a western bulldogs type team? I certainly hope not. They've got one flag since the 50's.. and have had a better or on par list then us since 2015. It's almost like we have a better coach who gets players like boak, gray and westhoff to the same place on the ladder as teams with Bontempelli's, Liberatore's and million dollar forwards. I often wonder if die hard Port supporters actually watch other teams play.

There's a reason why we get flogged everytime we play a team with champion players in finals. Our players simply aren't as good.
lol I was about to respond seriously to this when I saw the bolded and realised you are just trolling. Yes Libba is miles better than Robbie Gray ever was. Nice one, you got me I almost thought you were for real haha

I can see why you would think this opinion would be unpopular.

Apologies if I've not detected this is parody.
Name a single time we've had a better top 3 or 4 players then Dangerfield, Slaone, Walker and Jacobs. Or Dangerfield, Selwood, Hawkins. Or Petracca, Oliver and gawn? Im not even sure we've been close...

lol I was about to respond seriously to this when I saw the bolded and realised you are just trolling. Yes Libba is miles better than Robbie Gray ever was. Nice one, you got me I almost thought you were for real haha
Robbie Gray was a one legged pirate with a top speed of 6kph. The fact he was our best player for so long IS the problem. You guys act like prime gray was Gary Abblett when in realilty he showed small flashes of abblett esque ability and was always massively held back by injury. We've never had a dominant team under hinkley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Debutant"

"Dangerfield, Sloane, Walker, Jacobs..."

Somebody deal with this clown, please.
So weird that this 'debutant' managed to make his first post in a thread which previously hadn't been opened for about a year, isn't it? How did he find it? It's almost like he had some prior knowledge. Almost.

the list has become the Western Bulldogs circa late 90s/early 2000s

where the best 5-6 players were elite eg Scott West, brad Johnson, Rohan Smith, Luke Darcy but the rest of the list was average/vanilla

resulting in a mid-tier results, going nowhere, doing nothing

Unpopular opinion; we are to stocked with the same type of Footballer. Rozee, Butters, JHF are all Bulls, we try and play them on the pill together at our detriment. Rozee needs to play more Half Forward 70% of tog at HF 30% Centre, Butters Wing 70%/30% Centre, JHF Centre 40/30 wing and 30% forward. Rozee become James Hurd, Butters Schofield, JHF Russell Ebert. Wines, Drew and SPP should rotate through the centre square as the 2 option, Mead, Jackson, Burgman need to become the 3 option and provide the spread from contest.

I don't care for the AFLW side, it's a gimmick and it should be a curtain raiser for the men's game until they're capable of drawing a decent gate on game day. And I'll say that to anyone, sue me. Sue me and my balls.

Could have saved draft picks by sticking with Sam Hayes who is definitely better than Sweet and maybe better than Soldo
Or by sticking with Dougal Howard who is no star but neither are Ratugolea or Zerk-Thatcher.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back