2nds Port Adelaide vs Centrals - Round 12 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope Pascoe is available because that forward line is seriously all Charlie's Chocolate Factory workers.

Just can't help himself can he? Anastasopoulos deserved to be an emergency for 3 goals and desperate pressure in a team that was donkey-rooted last week.

I was 6 years old when the power joined. I just simply didn't change over, it's now been 27 years so highly doubt I'll ever support the power
I get that you were too young to understand, but it wouldn't have been changing over, it would have been continuing to support your club in another competition. The 'Power' is a nickname, not a club.

I figure this as good a place as any to ask.
I don't go to SANFL games but thinking of taking my eldest daughter. Are there things for kids to do at SANFL games @ Alberton?

I figure this as good a place as any to ask.
I don't go to SANFL games but thinking of taking my eldest daughter. Are there things for kids to do at SANFL games @ Alberton?
Kick and catch on the oval during each break.

There is also Super matches for the kids (Port had one vs North earlier in the year)

I'd say they went for Centrals not the magpies and decided to barrack for the power. I know heaps of power/Centrals supporters, they definitely aren't rare.

Then myself, I barrack for the magpies because I always have, but barrack for St Kilda because I always have, when the power entered I didn't change over.

So, to attempt to clarify this, for the years where you were a young South Australian kid and becoming aware of football and Port in the short years prior to 1997, you barracked for the Magpies of the PAFC 1870 which endured a number of years of upheaval to enter the growing Vic league (now known as the AFL). Then after which you barracked for the Magpies of the PAMFC which during 1996 were direct constituents of the players, volunteers, board members, etc, that were not employed or contracted to be part of the PAFC that began its preparations in 1996 to join the AFL in 1997.
Today, in the SANFL you barrack for the Magpies of the PAFC because both the AFL listed players and the contracted players you watch at Alberton are on the books of the PAFC rather than the retired PAMFC, and you barrack against the same AFL listed players that are on the books of the PAFC in favour of St Kilda who have no connection to any forms of Port Adelaide at all. I don't get this.

I have met supporters of Sturt (2), Central (1), North (2), Norwood (2), and South (2), which support Port in the AFL but support their sanfl club (although none of them actually attend sanfl games because they see that the main game in the land is the AFL). Each know that they support the Port from 1870 and I have never even had an argument about with them. Each of them wanted to support a long-standing club, a successful club, an SA club in the AFL, and they liked Port's culture, and so barracking for Port in the AFL made sense to them. I get this.

I'm just not gonna respond to others on here when it comes to who and how I support the club. I pay my membership and haven't missed a game in years. I'll be at Alberton today in the pouring rain. All I'll say is I'm a welcoming person, and im not gonna argue things that are so trivial and honestly immature for grown adults, so if you want, myself and the group I stand with are on the terraces in the forward pocket next to the grand stand. Come over, say G'day and actually judge me that way.

So, to attempt to clarify this, for the years where you were a young South Australian kid and becoming aware of football and Port in the short years prior to 1997, you barracked for the Magpies of the PAFC 1870 which endured a number of years of upheaval to enter the growing Vic league (now known as the AFL). Then after which you barracked for the Magpies of the PAMFC which during 1996 were direct constituents of the players, volunteers, board members, etc, that were not employed or contracted to be part of the PAFC that began its preparations in 1996 to join the AFL in 1997.
Today, in the SANFL you barrack for the Magpies of the PAFC because both the AFL listed players and the contracted players you watch at Alberton are on the books of the PAFC rather than the retired PAMFC, and you barrack against the same AFL listed players that are on the books of the PAFC in favour of St Kilda who have no connection to any forms of Port Adelaide at all. I don't get this.

I have met supporters of Sturt (2), Central (1), North (2), Norwood (2), and South (2), which support Port in the AFL but support their sanfl club (although none of them actually attend sanfl games because they see that the main game in the land is the AFL). Each know that they support the Port from 1870 and I have never even had an argument about with them. Each of them wanted to support a long-standing club, a successful club, an SA club in the AFL, and they liked Port's culture, and so barracking for Port in the AFL made sense to them. I get this.
In all fairness, my passion for St kilda isn't exactly epic lol like if they win or lose it doesn't really effect my week. But that's mostly because I just dont enjoy AFL as a whole. I prefer suburban football, SANFL or Amateur/Country just because of the it's just more my thing.

But to adjust to second thing you said, you may aswell say the same thing about those who support Nowood, Eagles, Westies or who ever but go for the crows in the AFL but then don't support the reserves side at all.

Some might support just the AFL side and not care about SANFL or AFLW.
Some support the SANFL side and not care about the AFL or AFLW teams.
Some support the AFLW side and not care about the mens teams.

Either way, it's clear that all 3 sides compete under the Port Adelaide umbrella.
Always the man with the level head Ross, think this forum would suffer greatly without your work and acceptance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just not gonna respond to others on here when it comes to who and how I support the club. I pay my membership and haven't missed a game in years. I'll be at Alberton today in the pouring rain. All I'll say is I'm a welcoming person, and im not gonna argue things that are so trivial and honestly immature for grown adults, so if you want, myself and the group I stand with are on the terraces in the forward pocket next to the grand stand. Come over, say G'day and actually judge me that way.
I was told about 5 or 6 years back by someone who should know that a couple of brothers in the Maggie's cheer squad were St Kilda supporters, are you one of them?

Regardless, well done for your continued support of a Magpies team that is now so undermanned it would struggle to beat Mallala or Two Wells, and I suspect the only thing that could save that extremely ordinary line up as named for the game today from receiving a 100 point smashing from what is only a fair to middling Centrals (who have lost their last 3 games), will be heavy rain.

I'd say they went for Centrals not the magpies and decided to barrack for the power. I know heaps of power/Centrals supporters, they definitely aren't rare.

Then myself, I barrack for the magpies because I always have, but barrack for St Kilda because I always have, when the power entered I didn't change over.
Hope you can get a win this weekend :)

Agreed, but due to Sweet being absolutely rag dolled by the brisvegas ruckman I suspect he has been selected as insurance.

I'm expecting this to be Sweets last chance and likely his last game for a while.

Dante lining up against the Western Bulldogs next week with 1 game in 5 weeks is very ordinary preparation.

I was told about 5 or 6 years back by someone who should know that a couple of brothers in the Maggie's cheer squad were St Kilda supporters, are you one of them?

Regardless, well done for your continued support of a Magpies team that is now so undermanned it would struggle to beat Mallala or Two Wells, and I suspect the only thing that could save that extremely ordinary line up as named for the game today from receiving a 100 point smashing from what is only a fair to middling Centrals (who have lost their last 3 games), will be heavy rain.
No, but I do know who you're talking about. Harold Wilson who was the head of the magpies cheer squad is a st kilda supporter, his brother Ian is the head (or was, but I know he's still involved) of the power cheer squad. Both very good blokes.

In all fairness, my passion for St kilda isn't exactly epic lol like if they win or lose it doesn't really effect my week. But that's mostly because I just dont enjoy AFL as a whole. I prefer suburban football, SANFL or Amateur/Country just because of the it's just more my thing.

But to adjust to second thing you said, you may aswell say the same thing about those who support Nowood, Eagles, Westies or who ever but go for the crows in the AFL but then don't support the reserves side at all.

On the second thing, no it is not the same.

No, that's not what it's like at all. If anything it's like supporting the Crows reserves but not supporting the Crows AFL side, which would be utter lunacy.

How about the posting in this thread is confined to discussion about the Port v Centrals sanfl game?

kgerlach01 has made a personal choice, yes I find it odd, but it's his call.

He only ever posts in relation to sanfl footy, in support of Port Adelaide and it's fair enough to give him a safe space to do so. he doesn't need to be badgered about his AFL choice, especially seeing as until now any of us would never have known about it.

He's hardly a proselytizing acolyte of St Kilda. Just a Port Adelaide sanfl supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back