Unusual things you enjoy

Remove this Banner Ad

Smell of rain on a hot day.

Smell of new plastic bags.lol.

I can't enjoy drinking water unless its ice cold, even in winter.

Playing with blu tac and PVA glue.

Jumping castles.

I love curling my toes just till I feel cramp then straightening them again, just keep going back for that little pain hit all the time.

Agreed. Love it.

I love ice cold showers on hot days. Hot tap doesn't get turned on... just cold :thumbsu:

Urban history, and the history of football. I couldn't care less about much history otherwise, but I am a real nerd in this department.

Rain, in general, I love, and it is really fulfilling. I really love rain, particularly in winter, when it's windy, and everyone else scurry's away. I love just standing there copping it on the chin, it feels good, refreshing, in a weird way it's as if you're in touch with nature.

Also used to just love, love, love the prospect of playing footy in the mud and rain, it brings out the best in you.

And also, trying to piece together your own mysteries, as in, why did this happen, and why didn't I follow it up? Things like that, I doubt it makes sense, but I guess I can be fairly obsessive about certain things, not in a bad way, but yeah.

Agree with others, the smell of the rain, or when it's about to rain. And definitely the old rain-on-the-roof at night story, that's always great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Urban history, and the history of football.

I'm a bit similar there. I love looking at old photos, really enjoy that.

Love following footy news in the off season eg recruits in local leagues as well as the AFL.

Also as mentioned, smell of petrol. Also smell of a new car.

Love when i have a day off work and i know i can sleep in the next day.

I'm a straight male, and I like musicals.

I should qualify this - when my time is up, I will depart this world having never seen any of the High School Musical movies, and I would not watch the Sound of Music. And until about 2 years ago, I avoided all musicals.

Then one rainy Saturday I watched Singin' In The Rain, and really enjoyed this classic film. Next I went to see Hairspray, unaware it was a musical. When I realised it was a musical about 30 minutes into the film (I'm a Collingwood supporter - it can take me a while catch up with things) I thought - "Oh My God - I've gone to see a musical", but I really liked the film. I saw Mamma Mia earlier this year and that was another movie I enjoyed (but I already liked ABBA). Recently I went to see the spectacular stage production of Wicked at the Regal Theatre and it was brilliant.

Now I will never make the mistake of avoiding a good film or show because it happens to be a musical.

Ditto. Love the smell.

Yes! Definitely, that's an awesome smell. Used to love getting new tennis balls, bowling one ball, then sniffing it. lol sounds silly, but it's a great smell.

Ditto a new footy, be it leather or synthetic. It is a beautiful smell, in primary school I used to cop it a bit for smelling them when I took a mark - what can I say, I love my footy. :)

Long drives by myself, particularly at sunset.

yep, i enjoy long trips by myself too.. especially when there is bugger all cars on the road.

whenever i drive home from Geelong to Sale i go stock up on KFC or something and have a fully charged iPod with a wicked playlist at my disposal and i just sit back and cruise my way home (provided i avoid peak and all that, which i often do being a uni student and finishing early on the days i travel back to Gippsland)

also +1 for the smell of petrol

I am endlessly fascinated by WWI and its effects on the world in its context and the influence it still holds and has had on our world.

Might be going to the Battlefields in France and Belgium next year too :)

I'm a straight male, and I like musicals.

I should qualify this - when my time is up, I will depart this world having never seen any of the High School Musical movies, and I would not watch the Sound of Music. And until about 2 years ago, I avoided all musicals.

Then one rainy Saturday I watched Singin' In The Rain, and really enjoyed this classic film. Next I went to see Hairspray, unaware it was a musical. When I realised it was a musical about 30 minutes into the film (I'm a Collingwood supporter - it can take me a while catch up with things) I thought - "Oh My God - I've gone to see a musical", but I really liked the film. I saw Mamma Mia earlier this year and that was another movie I enjoyed (but I already liked ABBA). Recently I went to see the spectacular stage production of Wicked at the Regal Theatre and it was brilliant.

Now I will never make the mistake of avoiding a good film or show because it happens to be a musical.

Haha don't worry, you know Apocalypto, the movie directed by Mel Gibson? Took me about 10 minutes to realise it was in subtitles. (Yes I was reading them, not looking at the screen blankly for 10 minutes) It just didn't tick that it was subtitles lol.

Rain, in general, I love, and it is really fulfilling. I really love rain, particularly in winter, when it's windy, and everyone else scurry's away. I love just standing there copping it on the chin, it feels good, refreshing, in a weird way it's as if you're in touch with nature.

This is a great post. Whenever I'm walking and it starts to rain, most people are putting up their umbrellas or running for cover, while I stroll a little slower and take it all in.

I was disappointed when I was in Pittsburgh with my girlfriend and she wanted us to share a jumbo umbrella lol.

Haha don't worry, you know Apocalypto, the movie directed by Mel Gibson? Took me about 10 minutes to realise it was in subtitles. (Yes I was reading them, not looking at the screen blankly for 10 minutes) It just didn't tick that it was subtitles lol.

Reminds me of the time(s) I've spent minutes searching for an object only to realise it was in my hand the whole time. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Unusual things you enjoy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back