Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is continued in... The Aftermath

Last edited:
Not bad...

View attachment 1005275
Ooooohaaaah.
I've had a bad day, yeah.
My hometown is falling down, I'm mad about that.
And people there don't seem to care, I'm mad about that.
Good God, almighty
There's no denying life
Would be better if I never ever had to live with you,
Blue, it's a color so cruel
Good God, almighty
There's no denying life
Government has done me wrong, I'm mad about that.
And it makes me feel like I don't belong, I'm mad about that.
It's making life a misery, you wouldn't have taken the liberty
Government has done me wrong, I'm mad about that.
Good God, almighty
There's no denying life
Good God,…

Bloke on Fox:

"We think there is widespread voter fraud, and it's up the Democrats in Clark County to show us that it's all above board and clean"

That's not how accusations of fraud work, nimrod. You can't accuse someone of fraud without evidence and then demand they prove that they weren't fraudulent :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely agree about this. Pence will not get near the enthusiastic support of Trump's base. And one thing working against the RNC is already a big backlash online about them not supporting Trump enough. Whether that lasts four years I don't know - so it's impossible to know yet if those voters will eventually heal with the RNC is just stop voting.

The Bernie-to-Trump 2016 voters won't touch a Pence-led Repub party in a million years. A good number of the remaining Trumpists will either vote Democrat (in the case of minorities) or not bother showing. The Orthodox Repubs will Orthodox Repub, but I doubt they win an election on their own anymore - they are too old, too white and too few in number.

I did read Biden say he will not be running in 2024 if he wins. But in the scheme of politicians flip flopping on what they say, this would rank as no surprise. Whether he is capable of running in 2024 is more to the point - it would take him through to 85 at the end of a potential second term. That's an outrageous age to still be president of the most important country on the planet.

Assuming he steps down, don't know if the incumbency advantage will float over to the new candidate. That will almost come down entirely to the handling of the virus over the next four years (hopefully it's not around for that ******* long)

Malaysia is not the US, but Mahatir did get back into power in his early 90's. We will see.

Stepping down before 2024 and putting Harris in the big chair would be a mistake for various reasons. I don't think she's quite as unelectable as Clinton was (would attract more blacks), but she's getting there.

Bloke on Fox:

"We think there is widespread voter fraud, and it's up the Democrats in Clark County to show us that it's all above board and clean"

That's not how accusations of fraud work, nimrod. You can't accuse someone of fraud without evidence and then demand they prove that they weren't fraudulent :tearsofjoy:

I think Ohio fraud, up to them to prove its not. Biden was leading by a large margin early, then it 'mysteriously' went away to Trump.

#amidoingitright

The Bernie-to-Trump 2016 voters won't touch a Pence-led Repub party in a million years. A good number of the remaining Trumpists will either vote Democrat (in the case of minorities) or not bother showing. The Orthodox Repubs will Orthodox Repub, but I doubt they win an election on their own anymore - they are too old, too white and too few in number.

Malaysia is not the US, but Mahatir did get back into power in his early 90's. We will see.

Stepping down before 2024 and putting Harris in the big chair would be a mistake for various reasons. I don't think she's quite as unelectable as Clinton was (would attract more blacks), but she's getting there.
I'm certainly no Harris fan, but Hillary is light years away from her when it comes to unelectability.

Its twofold, Trump got his crazy base to vote, and probably a lot who'd normally not vote at all, for anyone. Just liked his whole macho bluster bullshit.

On the flipside he will have mobilised a lot to vote against him, both casual dems and moderates, or republicans who hate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back