VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

They did this in C Grade last season out at Parade. Is it to hold clubs with 2 teams competing on the same day longer, to maximise canteen sales?
Ironically the Garvey has been free for about 6 weeks…although we’re a bit busy this Saturday arvo and Saturday night so hosting might have been a stretch.

bloke at work today was talking about an under 19’s preliminary final in the lower divisions between de la and Beaumaris, where Beaumaris won but later came outs that they had 4-6 ineligible players play and still kept the win. Meaning de la this week plays an elimination final against Caulfield and Beaumaris play another preliminary. My under standing was it’s an automatic forfeit????

bloke at work today was talking about an under 19’s preliminary final in the lower divisions between de la and Beaumaris, where Beaumaris won but later came outs that they had 4-6 ineligible players play and still kept the win. Meaning de la this week plays an elimination final against Caulfield and Beaumaris play another preliminary. My under standing was it’s an automatic forfeit????
Dont think this could possibly be cotrrect.
If you had one player ineligable then you would have the points/ win automatically deducted and the win awarded to the conforming team.
If you have 4-6 ineligableplayers then................... the team manager has a lot of questions to be answered.

Sure some ex team managers on the thread could shed some light on it

What’s with the VAFA scheduling?

The NFNL simply has
D1 Preston
D2 Epping
D3 Lalor

You know where you are playing when and where months out.

If your 19s are in the same division then lucky you if not then you’ll be at 2 grounds.

Why is the VAFA week by week? Do they try and scheduling close to both sides?
It seems simple when you put it like this, only thing i'll say is the VAFA completely trumps the NFNL for size. Way more teams and divisions, plus thirds which northern don't have. Not the fairest comparison

Dont think this could possibly be cotrrect.
If you had one player ineligable then you would have the points/ win automatically deducted and the win awarded to the conforming team.
If you have 4-6 ineligableplayers then................... the team manager has a lot of questions to be answered.

Sure some ex team managers on the thread could shed some light on it
I’ve seen the email sent to both clubs, the VAFA gave Beaumaris the incorrect information regarding those players, so the result stands. However, none of them are eligible to play in anymore games this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems simple when you put it like this, only thing i'll say is the VAFA completely trumps the NFNL for size. Way more teams and divisions, plus thirds which northern don't have. Not the fairest comparison
The principle is the same. Regardless of teams and divisions.

Some of the scheduling is bizarre

I’ve seen the email sent to both clubs, the VAFA gave Beaumaris the incorrect information regarding those players, so the result stands. However, none of them are eligible to play in anymore games this season.

Unlike Beaumaris to be caught up in player eligibility issues.

They have the biggest junior set up and are going backwards, players being poached for cash , not next year , maybe the year after .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's because of one of three reasons:

The club culture doesn't gell with the players
Players need money
To play with friends.

Here is a beauty

Just published on VAFA Finals for this weekend - Div 3 Senior Men's Preliminary Final

At Hadfield at 9.20am Saturday >>>>>> Half of them will still be out on the turps?

Division 3 Men’sPreliminary FinalNorth BrunswickCanterbury9:20 AMMartin Reserve (Hadfield)

Here is a beauty

Just published on VAFA Finals for this weekend - Div 3 Senior Men's Preliminary Final

At Hadfield at 9.20am Saturday >>>>>> Half of them will still be out on the turps?

Division 3 Men’sPreliminary FinalNorth BrunswickCanterbury9:20 AMMartin Reserve (Hadfield)
What about the ressies !

What about the ressies !
They are on Sunday at same early time +++ VAFA has only secured a minimum number of venues despite having a year to organise!

Division 3 Men’s ReservePreliminary FinalPower HouseRichmond Central9:20 AMMartin Reserve (Hadfield)

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back