Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penski

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Looks like it might be time to start a new thread. Blow away the festering issues of the season's thread just gone, and have everyone start with a new slate.

This year we have: -

St Kevins
Collegians
Uni Blues
De La Salle
Old Xaverians
Old Melburnians
Old Trinity
St Bedes/Mentone

And welcome to the newly promoted teams: -
Old Brighton
Old Scotch

Goodbye to: -
Uni Blacks
Beaumaris

I can't see the top 4 from 2017 changing much (at this stage), with the biggest threat to the 4 coming from Old Xavs, who are the ever-present threat, and the two newly promoted sides with the potential to shake things up.

Time to start posting your rumoured comings and goings.

Looks like it might be time to start a new thread. Blow away the festering issues of the season's thread just gone, and have everyone start with a new slate.

This year we have: -

St Kevins
Collegians
Uni Blues
De La Salle
Old Xaverians
Old Melburnians
Old Trinity
St Bedes/Mentone

And welcome to the newly promoted teams: -
Old Brighton
Old Scotch

Goodbye to: -
Uni Blacks
Beaumaris

I can't see the top 4 from 2017 changing much (at this stage), with the biggest threat to the 4 coming from Old Xavs, who are the ever-present threat, and the two newly promoted sides with the potential to shake things up.

Time to start posting your rumoured comings and goings.

Nice work Penski. Not aware of any departures at De La so far, at least not as far as the top end goes so expect they will be thereabouts and perhaps aim a bit higher next year. Likewise, not aware of any recruits yet aside from a few returning players. Very early days on that front for all clubs and I suppose news will filter in over the next few months.

Improvement at the Bell likely to come from within. Had a combined 1 game out of boom recruits Scipione and Carey last year and if they can get on the park that will make a big difference. A good group of 19s coming through and some of these lads were entrenched in the seniors by seasons end. Depth however an issue and our 2s really battled last year. Demise of VFL Dev. league will help a few clubs and I think DLS might be one of those.

One less trip to the uni and we avoid West Essendon for another year so 2018 already shaping up as a good year!

Last edited:
When the VAFA starts planning its live streaming coverage of the 2018 Premier Grand Final, they could look at how Cricket Australia covers the JLT One Day Cup competition and the Eastern Football League's live stream of the 2017 Grand Final as perfect examples of how to present a big occasion game like the Premier Grand Final and stream it live in a professional manner.

When the VAFA starts planning its live streaming coverage of the 2018 Premier Grand Final, they could look at how Cricket Australia covers the JLT One Day Cup competition and the Eastern Football League's live stream of the 2017 Grand Final as perfect examples of how to present a big occasion game like the Premier Grand Final and stream it live in a professional manner.

Northern Football League Senior Grand Finals were top notch. Great camera work and synced with the 88.6 FM Commentary:thumbsu:

The VAFA has done it well before. The 2012 GF was live streamed with about 6 different camera angles and synced commentary, and it looked fantastic (I may be slightly biased due to the result). It also helps when your camera angles are all at a bit of height, whereas at Trevor Barker they are all basically at ground level or just above, which makes for awful viewing.

Could the premiers have a gun recruit from Port Melbourne
On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Chris Cain has been close to joining SKOBs for 2 seasons now. The Port premiership makes his move to the VAFA almost certain.

Speaking of Port players coming into the VAFA. Despite being a Caulfield Grammarian Old Xavs were bullish about Hugh Sandilands lining up for them in 2018 however it seems that love has won out over footy and he is moving OS with partner.

Any other A grade news?

Chris Cain has been close to joining SKOBs for 2 seasons now. The Port premiership makes his move to the VAFA almost certain.

Speaking of Port players coming into the VAFA. Despite being a Caulfield Grammarian Old Xavs were bullish about Hugh Sandilands lining up for them in 2018 however it seems that love has won out over footy and he is moving OS with partner.

Any other A grade news?
Hugh is going O/S for at least 3 years and his Dad played for Ormond. Sad to lose Cain from Port , should have got at least been a rookie.

Last edited:
Close on 2 months since seasons end and bugger all recruiting news. Love him or hate him BS kept us informed with the coming and goings and was usually on the money.

So to start the ball rolling I hear that ex Cat and Ogger George Burbury will suit up for Collegians next season. Penski or Flat Footy care to confirm?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close on 2 months since seasons end and bugger all recruiting news. Love him or hate him BS kept us informed with the coming and goings and was usually on the money.

So to start the ball rolling I hear that ex Cat and Ogger George Burbury will suit up for Collegians next season. Penski or Flat Footy care to confirm?

News to me JJ......Would be a terrific get, boost their midfield some more..

News to me JJ......Would be a terrific get, boost their midfield some more..

It's good mail FF. Seems your lads put in some work on the Ireland trip and it has paid dividends. Probably offsets Trengove being picked up by Port Power as he was a likely starter as well. I do hear a star Lions swingman has relocated permanently interstate and will be a loss.

C’mon you other blokes – lift! Surely I’m not the only one with news on player movements.

It's good mail FF. Seems your lads put in some work on the Ireland trip and it has paid dividends. Probably offsets Trengove being picked up by Port Power as he was a likely starter as well. I do hear a star Lions swingman has relocated permanently interstate and will be a loss.

C’mon you other blokes – lift! Surely I’m not the only one with news on player movements.

Yep JJ. Will Tardiff............

Interesting, Bernie doesn't think that the T's need to recruit much. I'd say with how other teams are shaping up they definately don't have enough talent already on their books. I assume he's just blowing smoke

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...r/news-story/0d916acf701bb8ba549fb12f727da389

Josh Gibson was being touted as a potential starter for the T’s with an expectation he would play some but not all games. Not sure if that is still on the cards.

Has become evident that A grade clubs need to strengthen their lists year on year. I’m sure Bernie doesn’t seriously believe the 2017 version can get the job done without an injection of talent. He will be working hard to drag some EFL and other talent across to the Daley.

Confirmed!....George Burbury a Lion for season 2018......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back