A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think all teams will be able to keep under the 45.
Big clap to all those teams listed. Great recruiting and great to attract talent other than just the local type. Inclusive. Mix it up with many..I always say.
Love it.
What was Bernards points for round 1?

What’s your thinking with the last two JP. They’re some big upsets.....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hopefully his thinking is related to: Toorak Park fortress, first home game of the year, best OX side since 2016 and a game plan to match. Smelling a huge game and upset, and I’m not alone.

45/

My tips this week

Old Carey v St Bernard's
Collegians v Old Melburnians
Uni Blues v Trinity
Xavier v St Kevin's
De La Salle v Brighton

What a weekend we have coming up before Easter. Huge.
Start 2-0 and you are a 98.47% chance of not being relegated. In fact the Spring of 64’ was the last time this happened if i remember correctly.
However..start 0-2 and the danger bells start ringing. “Ding dong, ding dong..we may not be in A Grade for long..ding dong”
In the B Grade GF replay, the Snowdogs travel to Bulleen to take on Carey. Last September the Bernie’s battered the Panthers twice in the finals. I can’t see this form being reversed this year. Snowdogs look stronger (says Bagman) whilst Panthers seem to have lost a few of last years stars. Snowdogs by 37.
‘Smoking’ tells us that OM’s were disappointing last week. And they have lost their main man Thomas for the year. Spells danger. Wesley at home for me by 3 sausage rolls.
Uni Blues team sheet last week was a who’s who of gun VAFA stars. Do yourself a favour and read the team sheet, google them and have a look at their credentials. It’s a little frightening. Trinity still look ok on paper.. but man for man..Blues by 40 points.
De La cannot afford to be 0-2 after two home games. This would quieten Rooster even further. But unfortunately the ‘cluck’ will be sucked right out of he and his team. Brighton were ok last week and will win by 5 goals.
Now the big one..Big Brother vs Little Brother. Little Brother for me in a thriller even though they are away..
Enjoy the games. FTLOTG.

Start 2-0 and you are a 98.47% chance of not being relegated. In fact the Spring of 64’ was the last time this happened if i remember correctly.
However..start 0-2 and the danger bells start ringing. “Ding dong, ding dong..we may not be in A Grade for long..ding dong”
In the B Grade GF replay, the Snowdogs travel to Bulleen to take on Carey. Last September the Bernie’s battered the Panthers twice in the finals. I can’t see this form being reversed this year. Snowdogs look stronger (says Bagman) whilst Panthers seem to have lost a few of last years stars. Snowdogs by 37.
‘Smoking’ tells us that OM’s were disappointing last week. And they have lost their main man Thomas for the year. Spells danger. Wesley at home for me by 3 sausage rolls.
Uni Blues team sheet last week was a who’s who of gun VAFA stars. Do yourself a favour and read the team sheet, google them and have a look at their credentials. It’s a little frightening. Trinity still look ok on paper.. but man for man..Blues by 40 points.
De La cannot afford to be 0-2 after two home games. This would quieten Rooster even further. But unfortunately the ‘cluck’ will be sucked right out of he and his team. Brighton were ok last week and will win by 5 goals.
Now the big one..Big Brother vs Little Brother. Little Brother for me in a thriller even though they are away..
Enjoy the games. FTLOTG.
I could go form 5 to 0 however Blues give me confidence of at least 1 correct
St Bernards 3 goals
Collegians- with no confidence
UB easily
OB 4 goals
OX 3 goals

St Bernards by 35 Points
OM's by 31 Points
UB by 50 Points
OB by 36 Points
SKOB by 9 Points in the Match of the Day!

Bernie 5 goals or so
Collegians just, too good to go 0-2
Blues in a fair blow-out
Brighton by 5-6 goals
SKOB in a thriller

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoy the games. FTLOTG.

Oh.. i thought “ little brother” was the home team!

Enjoy the games. FTLOTG.
I agree re Uni Blues....they've put together a side that can definitely challenge....do we know if Williams, Vickers-Willis and Young might come back into that lineup as well?

Enjoy the games. FTLOTG.
"Big Brother Little Brother" is possibly more offensive to the senses than Claret & Stout

What’s your thinking with the last two JP. They’re some big upsets.....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Xavier at home. More of an upset (if you can call it that in round 2), a couple of new recruits in - Gossy & Chopper up forward.
Probably the obvious is that it starts in the middle, if Holmes can get higher than Plugga in the ruck they might be on!

I thought De La were impressive v Carey on Saturday, just a couple of lapses in concentration and they win. I'll stick with them at home

Hi all,

As well as adding the Big Footy rolling team of the week on the podcast, I'm wanting to add the "Big Footy's Big Call" of the round to the pre-game show. If anyone has any big calls for the round I'll collate them, read them out in the pre-game. It can be anything you want it to be relating to the upcoming round of VAFA footy.

Again, just another way of incorporating all of you who love the VAFA comp as much as I'm a fan!

You missed a beauty last week in D3, RightOn50 picked North Brunswick over favourites Westbourne by over 10 goals and as Gia77 said, "One tends to see a lot of controversial tips being made in these forums.. That one might take the take the cake"

bruns.jpg

Cake well and truly taken.

My R2 tips
Old Carey v St Bernard's
Collegians
v Old Melburnians
Uni Blues v Trinity
Xavier v St Kevin's
De La Salle v Brighton

Hi all,

As well as adding the Big Footy rolling team of the week on the podcast, I'm wanting to add the "Big Footy's Big Call" of the round to the pre-game show. If anyone has any big calls for the round I'll collate them, read them out in the pre-game. It can be anything you want it to be relating to the upcoming round of VAFA footy.

Again, just another way of incorporating all of you who love the VAFA comp as much as I'm a fan!
A Big Footy Big Call.....Old Carey to revisit round 2, 2018 and upset Bernards in round 2, 2019. Hosting St Bernard's in round 2, 2018, and underdogs, Carey had a big inclusion (G Dickson from Port Melbourne) who kicked 4 goals and dominated. With Carey prevailing. Roll forward one year and Carey has TWO big VFL INS for their round 2, 2019 clash, including G Dickson again. An upset brewing again 12 months on??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back