A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge news coming out of a few clubs, multiple players have signed on with an EDFL club on big $$ for next season. VAFA clubs don't have the cash to stop them.
And you know this because..............? And how is it different from any other year unless the multiple means over 10 from 1 club

Should be a $3000 fine plus loss of 4 points , no points to DLS , but have the score wiped which would help their %

The ammos wont impose any harsh penalties on Xavs which is totally unfair to the likes of De La. De La are struggling to stave off relegation and why should they be penalised again after Old Xavier "apparently" cheated the system.
Xavs will call on AFL chief council to represent them and VAFA will run scared.
Stinks of favoritism again, and would be great to hear from the power brokers at St Kevins to hear their thoughts.
Clubs in country vic that exceed player points are penalised by losing 4 points.
Time for the VAFA to stand tough and dock any team that breaches points.

Unless you are talking about 50-60 players..this is tiny news. Players always leave, players always come. Depth is massive currently. If we lose a bunch, they will be replaced easily.

Don't disagree with you. EDFL/EFL is much stronger football compared to the VAFA. Can also earn quite good $$ unlike the VAFA.

The ammos wont impose any harsh penalties on Xavs which is totally unfair to the likes of De La. De La are struggling to stave off relegation and why should they be penalised again after Old Xavier "apparently" cheated the system.
Xavs will call on AFL chief council to represent them and VAFA will run scared.
Stinks of favoritism again, and would be great to hear from the power brokers at St Kevins to hear their thoughts.
Clubs in country vic that exceed player points are penalised by losing 4 points.
Time for the VAFA to stand tough and dock any team that breaches points.

Your a bit slow today Hipp. Someone challenging your beloved Xavs....no, I must be imaginig it...

Your a bit slow today Hipp. Someone challenging your beloved Xavs....no, I must be imaginig it...

I love all clubs!
Think they will cop a $300 fine and a warning. I think if it was someone else the fine would be $200..but VAFA headquarters have always been a little harder on the Claret and Stout..

Don't disagree with you. EDFL/EFL is much stronger football compared to the VAFA. Can also earn quite good $$ unlike the VAFA.

Yep. The best of the VAFA vs the best of the EDFL would be a great game to watch. If you like 30 goal thumpings that is!!
You are here cause you envy us.
But feel free to keep jumping on and chatting, as we will not be visiting you.
Cheers Hipp

Agree with the $ part. But the rest is fantasy. VAFA played the EFL 3 times and won every game by ever increasing margins, even with teams that were missing a stack of big names. Got boring in the end so we have to play state teams and Country Vic to get a decent contest

Speaking of rep games, has anyone seen the team for tomorrow? With so much talent in the comp it looks very thin to me and obviously a stack of players not available for a combination of reason.

From my club , in what has been a poor year, Hugh Nicholson very, very stiff to miss out and told he was the last one cut. Has been the one shining light in a bleak season. On the other hand Forato very luck to make it IMO. Good player but well below his best this year and can only assume that Holmes, Lynch, Cordy. De Steiger etc not available. Humphrey and J.Williams walk ups but have barely played this year due to injury and pulled out. Any other glaring omissions from those that made themselves available?

Disappointing that the best team in the comp which is loaded with extraordinary talent seemingly did not have one player who could be bothered. Still enough talent to give a good account and hope they do well.

Last edited:
Yep. The best of the VAFA vs the best of the EDFL would be a great game to watch. If you like 30 goal thumpings that is!!
You are here cause you envy us.
But feel free to keep jumping on and chatting, as we will not be visiting you.
Cheers Hipp
30 goals????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with the $ part. But the rest is fantasy. VAFA played the EFL 3 times and won every game by ever increasing margins, even with teams that were missing a stack of big names. Got boring in the end so we have to play state teams and Country Vic to get a decent contest

Speaking of rep games, has anyone seen the team for tomorrow? With so much talent in the comp it looks very thin to me and obviously a stack of players not available for a combination of reason.

From my club , in what has been a poor year, Hugh Nicholson very, very stiff to miss out and told he was the last one cut. Has been the one shining light in a bleak season. On the other hand Forato very luck to make it IMO. Good player but well below his best this year and can only assume that Holmes, Lynch, Cordy. De Steiger etc not available. Humphrey and J.Williams walk ups but have barely played this year due to injury and pulled out. Any other glaring omissions from those that made themselves available?

Disappointing that the best team in the comp which is loaded with extraordinary talent seemingly did not have one player who could be bothered. Still enough talent to give a good account and hope they do well.
No OXAFL is surprising.

Windy conditions predicted here....could make things interesting....
Collegians by 25 Points (Interesting the Ts have won their last four at the Trott)
Blues by 54 Points
SKOB by 12 Points
OM by 18 Points
Bernards by 36 Points

Looking for Big Footy Big Call's for the pre-game this weekend.

We'll be out at St Kevin's vs. Old Xavierians, huge game!

Was great of the CEO of the VAFA to join the podcast this weekend to answer some of the questions that have been going around the traps

Bit surprised at the length of time the movers-n-shakers are taking to resolve both the OX points breach and alcohol matters, JP. The longer the former takes the more I'm thinking OX will receive a get-out-jail free card. 'Bear' spoke of integrity - strict liability for mine if that is front and centre.

Not sure his take on the state of umpiring is in accord with the majority either. Still, good to hear his views.

Bit surprised at the length of time the movers-n-shakers are taking to resolve both the OX points breach and alcohol matters, JP. The longer the former takes the more I'm thinking OX will receive a get-out-jail free card. 'Bear' spoke of integrity - strict liability for mine if that is front and centre.

Not sure his take on the state of umpiring is in accord with the majority either. Still, good to hear his views.

I find it absolutely staggering (though maybe expecting too much of the VAFA hierarchy) that they would bring in this points cap, then not have a designated penalty for when a team breaches the cap. What could they possibly be doing in those offices that would mean still no resolution many weeks after the breach was identified?

The big league as we know is rules on the run so perhaps just taking their lead. Quite laughable really, as it seems open & shut to me. Breached the cap and you win, lose the 4 points. Breached the cap and you still lose, any score from that game is wiped thus impacting your %... just my take, but as I said when you bring in the rule - THAT'S WHEN YOU DETERMINE THE PENALTY. Not wait until the rule is broken then work it out.

I find it absolutely staggering (though maybe expecting too much of the VAFA hierarchy) that they would bring in this points cap, then not have a designated penalty for when a team breaches the cap. What could they possibly be doing in those offices that would mean still no resolution many weeks after the breach was identified?

The big league as we know is rules on the run so perhaps just taking their lead. Quite laughable really, as it seems open & shut to me. Breached the cap and you win, lose the 4 points. Breached the cap and you still lose, any score from that game is wiped thus impacting your %... just my take, but as I said when you bring in the rule - THAT'S WHEN YOU DETERMINE THE PENALTY. Not wait until the rule is broken then work it out.
There’s obviously something going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about. I don’t agree with them receiving any penalty at all, I fundamentally disagree with a points cap in an Amateur competition. And if we have to have one, make it 100.

Also, FWIW, the bloke involved went to the school anyway so what’s the big deal?
It’s not as though they tried to pass off Dom Berry as never having been paid to play footy before......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back