A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well they’ve got them now and can rightly claim them as students from the school.

They aren’t recruits from outside St Kevins now are they?

Make your club an attractive place to come to. Build a strong commitee and offer opportunities for your players outside of footy, through networking and your sponsors.
Whether Joseph Blow was the Captain of St Kevin’s or has played 18 years straight at Ormond (Joseph was a super baby) if he plays for St Kevin’s today, then he’s a SKOB.

Make your club an attractive place to come to. Build a strong commitee and offer opportunities for your players outside of footy, through networking and your sponsors.
Whether Joseph Blow was the Captain of St Kevin’s or has played 18 years straight at Ormond (Joseph was a super baby) if he plays for St Kevin’s today, then he’s a SKOB.

I don’t know whether he was bagging Skobs ,maybe sad they lost them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Witnessed a powerful performance from SKOB on Saturday, Xavier had no answer to their skill or attack on the footy. One player who I will say seems to be highly under-rated (by myself included) as I never hear anything about him is Luke Andrews. What a brute of a footballer, I have only seen him a handful of times but he seems like an old school see ball get ball type player that fits in nicely to SKOB's powerful midfield. I asked around on Saturday as to where he has been and was told knee troubles and prior to that VFL.

The question was asked on here a while back about best midfield. The group of Lynch, Wood, Andrews, Sullivan, G. Gleeson, Mitch Brown would not only be best current but best I've seen in about 25 years watching VAFA footy.

Witnessed a powerful performance from SKOB on Saturday, Xavier had no answer to their skill or attack on the footy. One player who I will say seems to be highly under-rated (by myself included) as I never hear anything about him is Luke Andrews. What a brute of a footballer, I have only seen him a handful of times but he seems like an old school see ball get ball type player that fits in nicely to SKOB's powerful midfield. I asked around on Saturday as to where he has been and was told knee troubles and prior to that VFL.

The question was asked on here a while back about best midfield. The group of Lynch, Wood, Andrews, Sullivan, G. Gleeson, Mitch Brown would not only be best current but best I've seen in about 25 years watching VAFA footy.

Thought Critchely was dominant down back and Xavs were very poor. Scoreboard flattered them.

Hope Will Hams elbow is not too bad. He, Merlo and the skipper were the only ones playing like they were not still in the bye rounds.

Skobs very impressive

Thought Critchely was dominant down back and Xavs were very poor. Scoreboard flattered them.

Hope Will Hams elbow is not too bad. He, Merlo and the skipper were the only ones playing like they were not still in the bye rounds.

Skobs very impressive

Agree on Critchley, him and Conor Ross ensured Handley and Goss got nowhere near it all day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

However if the VAFA apply the actual laws of the association and give them the 4 points they rightly deserve, then its game on!

If they made a mistake, bad luck, rules are rules.

Max "fine tooth comb" Leader

There would need to be a written rule saying that you need to spend more than a year at a school to be a 1 pointer which there is not.

However if the VAFA apply the actual laws of the association and give them the 4 points they rightly deserve, then its game on!

If they made a mistake, bad luck, rules are rules.

Max "fine tooth comb" Leader
It’s all done, they got a fine.
Move on Max ‘Where’s Skal’ Leader’ 😁

Definitely. Only lost one of their last 7.
Looking forward to this weeks game against the reigning premiers. Should be a ring dinger!

mmm..gave up a four goal 3/4 time lead at home to Hedgefunds boys..have the top three to come, so that will tell a tale

Mad Lion how did Trinity draw on Saturday? Looks like De La now at the trap door.

So I understand this Xavs not punished for being over on points? Ridiculous and again, "must look after Xavier"
Whats to happen to boys at De La, "dont worry boys, take it on the chin"

Weak form by VAFA board! surely must be somewhere in constitution that must have played or gone to school for length of time.

What a massive weekend we all have coming our way.

Brighton play host to St Bernard’s. Both clubs will be hoping to sneak into 4th. Must win game for both.

Carey host the Hedgeburners. Carey are shot but will be keen to end the season with another win before they depart to B. Hedgies are going to finish 8th or 9th. Can’t afford to slip up here.

De La host OM’s. OM’s have been great recently. Albeit one shocking quarter last Saturday. But at home De La can surprise teams. Think SKOB. Huge game.

Xavs host Blues. Xavs will be steaming after last weeks lethargic post Europe effort. Win and they will be playing in a second semi at years end. Lose and its very tight again.

Wesley host the rampaging SKOB. What a history these guys have had in recent times. Wesley would love to chalk one up and get close to locking away a finals berth.

Massive. Massive I tell you...

So I understand this Xavs not punished for being over on points? Ridiculous and again, "must look after Xavier"

Weak form by VAFA board! surely must be somewhere in constitution that must have played or gone to school for length of time.

Even as a DLS past player and current supporter I would be embarrassed if we were to receive points for an 18 goal loss. Will be more embarrassed if we survive in A grade on the basis of an admin breach by another club. Assuming the ebb and flow continues between us and Trinity for 9th position, survival for DLS on this basis alone would be grossly unfair on OT. And that is a view shared by most people I have spoken to around the club. If we don't WIN enough games to justify a place in Premier grade in 2020 then we deserve to go down.

I’m no expert on points so I looked up the policy on-line. There is no reference to school or uni based player’s so I assume this is something the VAFA have come up with. So can someone please tell me how can a bloke who actually went Xavier is not a one pointer but someone who went to RMIT, ACU or another university qualifies as a one pointer for Melbourne University Blues? (who btw played with 44 points on Saturday and this may not survive greater scrutiny either).

The merits of points in amateurs comp could be debated with good arguments on either side. However it was bought in as an equalisation strategy. Allowing 45 points for an old boys club is hardly promoting equalisation anyway.

Fine or warning fair result for a first offence.

How’s Luke Russell being played straight up for Uni Blues after playing in Tasmania for the first half of the season. Didn’t play in the reserves, imagine being a Blues reserves player pushing hard since October for selection! flat footy what would the Three Legged Lions podcast boys think?

How are they looking after Xavier? The facts are the player in question went to Xavier College, I would suggest it’s farcial that he is not a 1 point player.

Even more farcical is as pointed out by JJ that you can somehow be a 1 point player for Blues or Blacks if you went to RMIT or ACU! Talk about making up rules on the run, yet the VAFA takes almost a month to decide a penalty over an Old Xaverian playing for Old Xaverians? FMD.

Any ACU student should automatically qualify for an Old Boys Catholic team based on the above ridiculous allowance.

How are they looking after Xavier? The facts are the player in question went to Xavier College, I would suggest it’s farcial that he is not a 1 point player.

Even more farcical is as pointed out by JJ that you can somehow be a 1 point player for Blues or Blacks if you went to RMIT or ACU! Talk about making up rules on the run, yet the VAFA takes almost a month to decide a penalty over an Old Xaverian playing for Old Xaverians? FMD.

Any ACU student should automatically qualify for an Old Boys Catholic team based on the above ridiculous allowance.

Excellent post Doug! I think a further rule should be the ACU students should go the most recent Catholic Premiers in the highest grade.

Even as a DLS past player and current supporter I would be embarrassed if we were to receive points for an 18 goal loss. Will be more embarrassed if we survive in A grade on the basis of an admin breach by another club. Assuming the ebb and flow continues between us and Trinity for 9th position, survival for DLS on this basis alone would be grossly unfair on OT. And that is a view shared by most people I have spoken to around the club. If we don't WIN enough games to justify a place in Premier grade in 2020 then we deserve to go down.

I’m no expert on points so I looked up the policy on-line. There is no reference to school or uni based player’s so I assume this is something the VAFA have come up with. So can someone please tell me how can a bloke who actually went Xavier is not a one pointer but someone who went to RMIT, ACU or another university qualifies as a one pointer for Melbourne University Blues? (who btw played with 44 points on Saturday and this may not survive greater scrutiny either).

The merits of points in amateurs comp could be debated with good arguments on either side. However it was bought in as an equalisation strategy. Allowing 45 points for an old boys club is hardly promoting equalisation anyway.

Fine or warning fair result for a first offence.
Great post JJ , very fair to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back