A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guarantee their will be a bit of tension when two APS affiliated Premier sides meet for the first time next year, especially between the opposition big men.
A frequenter of a popular Albert Park establishment has informed me that there was a bit of a barney on the nightclub dancefloor that resulted in one of the talls receiving stitches. Will be interesting to see what happens at the center bounce when they both meet again.
Care to elaborate any further?

Interesting fellow BJ. Will be fascinating to see how he assimilates.
Waite is 35 with a failing body. Misses 10 games a season when he’s at a club 6 days a week with a full time med team trying to get him right. Don’t expect too much. This is why he chose not to accept coin elsewhere. Keen for a kick, but knows he can’t be paid for it. Is a proud up front guy.
Certainly brings some Bbbb Bang to our wonderful comp.
SKOB will be hard to beat for the next...many years...not because of AFL recruits but because of huge number of gun kids they have. Some serious talent. Like Xavs will be in next few years. And why teams like Carey and Brighton won’t be.
2019 will be huge. I for one am terribly excited.
FTLOTG. Play on..

Waite is 35 with a failing body. Misses 10 games a season when he’s at a club 6 days a week with a full time med team trying to get him right. Don’t expect too much. This is why he chose not to accept coin elsewhere. Keen for a kick, but knows he can’t be paid for it. Is a proud up front guy.
SKOB will be hard to beat for the next...many years...not because of AFL recruits but because of huge number of gun kids they have. Some serious talent. Like Xavs will be in next few years. And why teams like Carey and Brighton won’t be.
FTLOTG. Play on..

Interesting from you Hip’. Any word circling about Xavs recruitment RE ‘19, or just backing the youth? Can’t see many other clubs recruiting as big a names as Goddard and Waite. Nevertheless, BJ great for the comp. Skobs networking paying serious dividends. Don’t underestimate the impact of JW - will be in small doses but will be immense come September. Surely the lions are looking at developing the spring chickens next year - think it’s too big a hurdle for them now.
FTLT

Hi FTLT,
Disagree with Waite. But I guess we will all have to wait and see. I have him retired well before September. But yes SKOB recruiting and network brilliant. ... Well done to them.
I’m told Xavierland are pretty excited with the youth coming through. Best since 89 leavers i hear.
Can’t waite for 19. Don’t write of Wesley yet. They will be thereabouts. I feel for Trinity and Wesley in recent times. Both deserved a flag in the last few years.
Play on..

Edit: Tut tut. OTP.

Last edited by a moderator:
FTLOTG. Play on..

You know why Waite chose not to accept coin? Did he tell you?

Hi FTLT,
Disagree with Waite. But I guess we will all have to wait and see. I have him retired well before September. But yes SKOB recruiting and network brilliant. ... Well done to them.
I’m told Xavierland are pretty excited with the youth coming through. Best since 89 leavers i hear.
Can’t waite for 19. Don’t write of Wesley yet. They will be thereabouts. I feel for Trinity and Wesley in recent times. Both deserved a flag in the last few years.
Play on..

Edit: Tut tut. OTP.

You are as delusional as that bloke Canada who previously frequented these boards. He was always on about the Xavs youth coming through but the reality is that that most were consigned to racking up GF appearances in the 2s and 3s while Xavs recruited old blokes from the AFL,VFL, EFL etc to sustain success in the seniors. Nothing has changed. One or two U19s (20-year-old) played a couple of senior games last year and all of sudden they are banking on youth. 19 Prem was actually pretty ordinary last year as most of the decent talent was playing senior football.

And Bewick confirmed to be playing at Xavs in 2019. Take it to the bank.

You are as delusional as that bloke Canada who previously frequented these boards. He was always on about the Xavs youth coming through but the reality is that that most were consigned to racking up GF appearances in the 2s and 3s while Xavs recruited old blokes from the AFL,VFL, EFL etc to sustain success in the seniors. Nothing has changed. One or two U19s (20-year-old) played a couple of senior games last year and all of sudden they are banking on youth. 19 Prem was actually pretty ordinary last year as most of the decent talent was playing senior football.

Hi Jimmy,
Can only go on what I’ve heard. Remember there are quite a few changes at Xavs re committee, head of recruiting, coach. I had a lager with a few involved and they said they expect quite a bunch of unders to progress to the senior firsts next year. Should be exciting times for all concerned. Should be a cracking year..

Missed that last line. That’s great re Bewick for them. As I’m not involved with Xavs, I only go by what I hear from friends who are. Nobody has mentioned Bewick to me. Great get. Captain Chaos will be happy to hear this locked in. He’s been eager to work this one out. Who knows...maybe Merrett will play as well...

Missed that last line. That’s great re Bewick for them. As I’m not involved with Xavs, I only go by what I hear from friends who are. Nobody has mentioned Bewick to me. Great get. Captain Chaos will be happy to hear this locked in. He’s been eager to work this one out. Who knows...maybe Merrett will play as well...

Paul Connors got the Bewick deal done and this one has apparently been locked away for a while. No idea about Merrett and have not heard his name mentioned in dispatches. Xavs were bullish about landing another very well performed player out of the AFL who would have been are a real handful but that now looks less likely. A real APS pi55ing competition developing for ex AFL talent it would seem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes just yet another of your false declarations. You didn't say you hadn't heard anything you said he wasn't going there. A bit like you knowing why Waite makes his football choices or xavs youth...JJ is exactly right about their approach over the journey and section one unders with 7 teams was putrid this year.
Perhaps stop trying to pretend you know whats going on. Didn't you also declare Trinity in the finals as well? Lol!

Paul Connors got the Bewick deal done and this one has apparently been locked away for a while. No idea about Merrett and have not heard his name mentioned in dispatches. Xavs were bullish about landing another very well performed player out of the AFL who would have been are a real handful but that now looks less likely. A real APS pi55ing competition developing for ex AFL talent it would seem.
Speaking of ex AFL talent, is Jason Tutt going around again for your mob JJ?

Nice player from what I saw, you were also unlucky that ex SANFL player Chippendale didn’t play that much for you this year, he would have helped you, although Fisher from the VFL played quite a few games for you.

Will he hang around or will he come back to his old club Edi-Asp or even maybe play with his old Patterson Secondary College mates at Carrum?

Speaking of ex AFL talent, is Jason Tutt going around again for your mob JJ?

Nice player from what I saw, you were also unlucky that ex SANFL player Chippendale didn’t play that much for you this year, he would have helped you, although Fisher from the VFL played quite a few games for you.

Will he hang around or will he come back to his old club Edi-Asp or even maybe play with his old Patterson Secondary College mates at Carrum?

Honestly don’t know Vince and not really up to speed with suggested arrivals or departures. Club still yet to appoint a coach and hoping they get busy with that.

I expect Tutt will play again. Really popular and very much invested in the club. Chippendale is entrenched at C’wood and still a young man so don’t expect we will see much if anything of him. Would also expect Fisher to play but if he goes elsewhere it won’t be to Edi Asp or a 4th Div. SFNL team.

Yes just yet another of your false declarations. You didn't say you hadn't heard anything you said he wasn't going there. A bit like you knowing why Waite makes his football choices or xavs youth...JJ is exactly right about their approach over the journey and section one unders with 7 teams was putrid this year.
Perhaps stop trying to pretend you know whats going on. Didn't you also declare Trinity in the finals as well? Lol!

Relax Captain. My Trinity pump up was all about pretending to be scribe as a couple of jockeys had me pegged for he. An insult to him..not i.
I’m not involved at Xavs, so my mail will always be sketchy at best. But wow great result if they have Bewick. Great for our wonderful comp. We are all winners here. Let’s not be petty.
I’m happy to put my hand up and say I know squat apart from what passes by my ear.
Play on old friend.

Relax Captain. My Trinity pump up was all about pretending to be scribe as a couple of jockeys had me pegged for he. An insult to him..not i.
I’m not involved at Xavs, so my mail will always be sketchy at best. But wow great result if they have Bewick. Great for our wonderful comp. We are all winners here. Let’s not be petty.
I’m happy to put my hand up and say I know squat apart from what passes by my ear.
Play on old friend.

You seemed to know a fair bit aboit skob recruoting and those responsible for it!

All this so called “mail” being delivered but all that’s a lock is Waite to SKOB and xavs to bring in some B grade recently delisted Afl talent ... another long year at Orrong Road for the clarets
Have some faith Lance, you only live down the road from TP and are seen at most games. This view is bizarre considering your usual staunch support for the Red and Black. Rough year?

Got mail from a source close to SKOB recruiting that Eric McKenzie from the eagles will be joining Waite and BJ. Huge. 45

You were early on the BJ mail as well, which has turned out to be correct. Seems you have a good source inside the Skob camp. Wouldn't be surprised if you're right again here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back