A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got mail from a source close to SKOB recruiting that Eric McKenzie from the eagles will be joining Waite and BJ. Huge. 45
Again sounds unlikely, just like Goddard. McKenzie is practically a cripple if you listen to his retirement speech.

I hear Uni Blues are making a big push for several more AFL blokes, anyone heard the same? What about Collegians?

Again sounds unlikely, just like Goddard. McKenzie is practically a cripple if you listen to his retirement speech.

I hear Uni Blues are making a big push for several more AFL blokes, anyone heard the same? What about Collegians?

Not typically a “destination club” but the blues have no choice now given the recruitment from opposition clubs. There’s been constant chatter over Cam O’Shea (Ex power/blue) heading to Parkville...haven’t heard anyone else. I’m hearing there’s a few hanging them up at Harry Trott next year and no confirmation their big guns are sticking around. I think you’ll find the lions have more youth in their team than years gone by. Mind you, they’ll be there or there abouts come the point end of the season.
FTLT

Not typically a “destination club” but the blues have no choice now given the recruitment from opposition clubs. There’s been constant chatter over Cam O’Shea (Ex power/blue) heading to Parkville...haven’t heard anyone else. I’m hearing there’s a few hanging them up at Harry Trott next year and no confirmation their big guns are sticking around. I think you’ll find the lions have more youth in their team than years gone by. Mind you, they’ll be there or there abouts come the point end of the season.
FTLT

Would suggest Uni Blues had more ex AFL players than any other club last year and in recent seasons have generally had 4 – 6 ex AFL players take the field which suggests that they have no trouble attracting elite talent.

So are they destination club ? – probably. Are they an ordinary club? – most definitely.

FTLT
Not if all their guns leave...their youth is no where near SKOBs and not very prevalent apart from those who played in the flag.

Last edited:
Would suggest Uni Blues had more ex AFL players than any other club last year and in recent seasons have generally had 4 – 6 ex AFL players take the field which suggests that they have no trouble attracting elite talent.

So are they destination club ? – probably. Are they an ordinary club? – most definitely.

You are right. Just plain silly not to call them a destination club.

You are as delusional as that bloke Canada who previously frequented these boards. He was always on about the Xavs youth coming through but the reality is that that most were consigned to racking up GF appearances in the 2s and 3s while Xavs recruited old blokes from the AFL,VFL, EFL etc to sustain success in the seniors. Nothing has changed. One or two U19s (20-year-old) played a couple of senior games last year and all of sudden they are banking on youth. 19 Prem was actually pretty ordinary last year as most of the decent talent was playing senior football.

And Bewick confirmed to be playing at Xavs in 2019. Take it to the bank.

Can you show the policeman where Old Xavs touched you?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

FTLT

FTLT
Along with o’shae Is Aaron Mullet, also a delisted blue and good friend of o’shae. Both been linked to the blues and would be a huge coup if the two of them are lacing up at Uni come round one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back