A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your wrong on two points JJ. re Colls lacking support when not travelling well. When they went from A to B to C it was the supporter base that rallied and solidified the Club along with the player group that got them back..could have easily gone further down.
Colls are a "huge" Club, check their record over the last 10 years, check their history, one of the founding Clubs 100+ years, still going strong.

Just my own observations and from what I have been told by those within the inner sanctum at Collegians. The great man himself WD often lamented a reluctance by some of the faithful to travel and support when a loss was imminent or they were battling through some indifferent form. I even remember him voicing this view at an after match at Dairy Bell one day. He gave it to their supporters who stayed away in droves. Mind you supporters of the purples have not had much to complain about for a while now. And with your clubs record over the past decade you would expect a sea of purple at every game you play.

Great club – tick. Successful club – tick. Huge club – maybe not.

Here's a stat for you all;
Ex Geelong College students in Uni Blues seniors for 2018.... 11
In the reserves... 9
Stop arguing about clubs losing talent to the "bigger clubs" ... just work harder and get talent that wants to be at the club... OGs a great example, seeing them rise 2 div's in 3 years.

Last edited:
Here's a stat for you all;
Ex Geelong College students in Uni Blues seniors for 2018.... 11
In the reserves... 9
Stop arguing about clubs losing talent to the "bigger clubs" ... just work harder and get talent that wants to be at the club... OGs a great example, seeing them rise 2 div's in 3 years.
This explains a lot. One why Uni Blues cant win when they have too, and two why OG’s will maybe get to A if they recruit their Old Boys.

Having said that, the whisper is the new Blues coach will bring some St Joey’s players with him, maybe that will strengthen the club. The downside is he may take players with him when he invariably leaves, in one year or 10 years.

This explains a lot. One why Uni Blues cant win when they have too, and two why OG’s will maybe get to A if they recruit their Old Boys.

Having said that, the whisper is the new Blues coach will bring some St Joey’s players with him, maybe that will strengthen the club. The downside is he may take players with him when he invariably leaves, in one year or 10 years.

Will they take a pay cut??

THE EYE

:)

Always fun to have a dig at the little guy!

Who's you're affiliation with in the VAFA and APS Vince?

They had brilliant support at the Grand Final.

I think JJ is referring to numbers of players etc. Three under 19, two thirds, two girls teams, a masters team and two senior teams. Add an under 23 team to that Comp next year also etc.

Melbourne Uni would obviously be super massive if they hadn’t splintered into three clubs.

If we are qualifying "a huge Club" by the no. of teams they field then Colls wouldnt qualify compared to Xavs and Skobs.
Dont have the money or enough players to go bigger.....

mr mcmahon's knowledge of the happenings at the skobbery are second only to mr hogan's.

Tipping St Kevin's and Old Xavs to play off in the 2019 Premier Grand Final, with Xavs pulling off an upset.
as astute as ever mr cave.

were you happy with how the finals panned out at h.q this year?

Who’s the little guy? Blues? With 50,000 students on campus? Old Geelong? Drawing from two APS schools? I’m confused!

I’m St Bedes/Mentone Tigers, just a small ACC school who is forced to post here because no people are posting on the B board and I don’t like talking to myself.

Who’s the little guy? Blues? With 50,000 students on campus? Old Geelong? Drawing from two APS schools? I’m confused!

I’m St Bedes/Mentone Tigers, just a small ACC school who is forced to post here because no people are posting on the B board and I don’t like talking to myself.

WOW!
53 minutes and Not Important hasn't tried to out you....again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has no idea who I am like I don’t he, no one, not even my wife, knows I post here. It will be kept that way.

All we know is you’re married, you’re bored during footy off season and you want to keep your BF habit secret from your wife.

That’ll narrow things down a bit.

This is fresh off the press, have also heard is likely

Not just him, but anybody in his position...so he has stopped playing at the moment, going OS next year for a period of time.
Getting onto the "fizz" and whatever else, in holiday mode. Returns to Melb...no pre season training, no real fitness and you expect him to hit the ground running...good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back