A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An updated scoreboard is well overdue. I couldn’t give a toss about the competition logo. It’s hardly an operational issue.
Well and truly agreed, surely priority would have been on a half modern scoreboard. Most Premier section teams have them, meanwhile its 1976 at EP after they've spent a fortune on new buildings. It's hard work being a supporter in the VAFA sometimes, whilst the VAFA brass and fat cats have their match day lunches, Friday catch up in Malvern, overseas jaunts to the UK and Ireland, Hall fo fame functions, it just goes on and on.
Get us a scoreboard please that is at least bright!

An updated scoreboard is well overdue. I couldn’t give a toss about the competition logo. It’s hardly an operational issue.
i agree the scoreboard needs upgrading, mr fund. i would be surprised it that is not a priority. you do not give the v.a.f.a admin sufficient credit if you think they only have the capacity to address one issue at a time. it is not either or.

‘brand’ is important and the logo is a step in updating/modernising the v.a.f.a.brand. the old logo was dated and did little to identify the v.a.f.a as an aussie rules outfit. much of this frolic is devoted to the people protecting their club brand/image.

those who can do. those who can’t criticise.

for the love of a forward thinking progressive administration.

mr hippstar would agree.

Well and truly agreed, surely priority would have been on a half modern scoreboard. Most Premier section teams have them, meanwhile its 1976 at EP after they've spent a fortune on new buildings. It's hard work being a supporter in the VAFA sometimes, whilst the VAFA brass and fat cats have their match day lunches, Friday catch up in Malvern, overseas jaunts to the UK and Ireland, Hall fo fame functions, it just goes on and on.
Get us a scoreboard please that is at least bright!
Agree Doug, a new scoreboard will be a nice addition when it happens, but the fact that it’s also OM’s ‘home’ ground also makes me happy that they don’t have another luxurious item paid for by the other 71 clubs in the VAFA.

Agree Doug, a new scoreboard will be a nice addition when it happens, but the fact that it’s also OM’s ‘home’ ground also makes me happy that they don’t have another luxurious item paid for by the other 71 clubs in the VAFA.
speaking for myself, i find that very funny, vince.:thumbsu:

i agree the scoreboard needs upgrading, mr fund. i would be surprised it that is not a priority. you do not give the v.a.f.a admin sufficient credit if you think they only have the capacity to address one issue at a time. it is not either or.

‘brand’ is important and the logo is a step in updating/modernising the v.a.f.a.brand. the old logo was dated and did little to identify the v.a.f.a as an aussie rules outfit. much of this frolic is devoted to the people protecting their club brand/image.

those who can do. those who can’t criticise.

for the love of a forward thinking progressive administration.

mr hippstar would agree.

I hope you have you tongue firmly in your cheek there NI.

I would have thought a new logo/branding endeavor would be about number 46 on the top priorities list down at HQ and funding wise, about 118.

I hope you have you tongue firmly in your cheek there NI.

I would have thought a new logo/branding endeavor would be about number 46 on the top priorities list down at HQ and funding wise, about 118.
you are too old school chazz. it is not top priority i agree and i am sure other things are in the mix. but it is better than the old logo that not only did not identify the v.a.f.a it had nothing aussie footy about it either. get with the program chazz.

Who cares about the logo, let’s turn our eye to the draft. Are there any VAFA players a chance to be drafted or rookied? Scott from
Trinity maybe or the kid who won the rising star in 2018?

you are too old school chazz. it is not top priority i agree and i am sure other things are in the mix. but it is better than the old logo that not only did not identify the v.a.f.a it had nothing aussie footy about it either. get with the program chazz.

Still waiting for someone to explain what difference this will make? More sponsors? More players?

What?

Huge from the vafa with a double bye ... no doubt will help those known jet setter clubs cough cough xavs oms cough
Clarets to finish top 2 now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VFL time trial this morning. Richmond. 3kms. Fastest time. 9:14. Would win just about every AFL 3km time trial. Was a VAFA gun from Bernards.

Some very energetic pre-season posting already here for 2019! Should be a great competition again....good to have Bernies back up and i too think they will be very competitive next season...got some terrific people behind the scenes as well i.e. former president Crabby etc...great to see Jokky heading to the bombers....one of the most talented young VAFA players of the last decade i would have thought....hopefully has an impact like Ronke, Gowers and Mitch Hannan have over the last few years...
Down at Lion land most things have already been covered above....one player they do expect to return will be 25 year old Ben Darrou who is a key defender from the SANFL...he's heading back to Melbourne permanently in the next two months...was part of that 2010 school flag team which makes up half the side basically...Nick Corp is still deciding but i'd say he'd be more likely to stay at Sorrento at this stage....hard to walk away from good coin each week...Nick Dixon still up in the air as well as stated previously...they've also picked up Kalem Post's brother in law Nik Papadopoulos who is a 24 year old who hasn't played for a couple of years but did play some good senior football at Box Hill before that as a youngster....he's a small tough fwd/mid apparently....the coaching structure is basically the same as last year with Nick Abbott coming across from Old Geelong as an assistant and Kyle Emley obviously moving on to take a senior coaching role in the EFL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back