A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will be keenly looking out for any "info" on current coaches in this section. Are my boys at De La going to move our coach on after being relegated! Trinity coach "Dinneen" unlikely to go around again I hear.

Will be keenly looking out for any "info" on current coaches in this section. Are my boys at De La going to move our coach on after being relegated! Trinity coach "Dinneen" unlikely to go around again I hear.
Jamieson - Will Stay
Satterley - Will Stay
Joyce - Likely to Stay
Martyin - No Idea...assume stays
Hutchinson - Likely to Stay
Brown - Gone
Riley - Gone
Dineen - Sounds likely to not stay
Schwab - Will Stay 3 year deal
Tarrant - Gone

Jamieson - Will Stay
Satterley - Will Stay
Joyce - Likely to Stay
Brown - Gone
Riley - Gone
Tarrant - Gone
Interesting spelling of Martyn, and why wouldn’t he stay? Two A grade flags as assistant and has managed to get a team with a dozen A grade premiership players who are now at VFL clubs into the finals! Marvellous effort that.

Interesting spelling of Martyn, and why wouldn’t he stay? Two A grade flags as assistant and has managed to get a team with a dozen A grade premiership players who are now at VFL clubs into the finals! Marvellous effort that.

Guy was co-coach last year Doug. Assistant in 2017. Very highly regarded by the playing group is what I'm told.

Jamieson - Will Stay
Satterley - Will Stay
Joyce - Likely to Stay
Brown - Gone
Riley - Gone
Tarrant - Gone

Schwabby is a lovely bloke, but check his employ record. If it is any indication, De La will be heading south for a while..

DH will SKOB be near full strength on the weekend? Or many playing up / injured?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schwabby is a lovely bloke, but check his employ record. If it is any indication, De La will be heading south for a while..

Let’s bookmark this post and revisit in 12 months to see if we have indeed headed south. If we are I’ll eat some humble pie. If we are not then I expect you to do likewise.

Just remember that PS inherited a team that had to win its round 18 game in 2018 to guarantee a place in A grade for 2019. From that moderately performed team he lost 5 of this best 10 players and they added nobody. They turned over close to 50 players in the seniors this year and unlike other clubs this was due to injury, form, travel etc, not quality players jumping between the VFL and the VAFA

Had a very tough his job and the reality is that the group was not good enough. Very harsh and simplistic to attribute this to the coach.

Let’s bookmark this post and revisit in 12 months to see if we have indeed headed south. If we are I’ll eat some humble pie. If we are not then I expect you to do likewise.

Just remember that PS inherited a team that had to win its round 18 game in 2018 to guarantee a place in A grade for 2019. From that moderately performed team he lost 5 of this best 10 players and they added nobody. They turned over close to 50 players in the seniors this year and unlike other clubs this was due to injury, form, travel etc, not quality players jumping between the VFL and the VAFA

Had a very tough his job and the reality is that the group was not good enough. Very harsh and simplistic to attribute this to the coach.

JJ, happy to eat humble if Im wrong. You mentioned all the shortcomings of season 2019. What have you got in the mix for 2020? Put it this way, if there is nothing to hang your hat on, how will next season be any different... Remember, they never sack the President, the Phsyio, the Boot studder
or the Chef. Its always the Coach that gets "wacked". Hope Im wrong...

JJ, happy to eat humble if Im wrong. You mentioned all the shortcomings of season 2019. What have you got in the mix for 2020? Put it this way, if there is nothing to hang your hat on, how will next season be any different... Remember, they never sack the President, the Phsyio, the Boot studder
or the Chef. Its always the Coach that gets "wacked". Hope Im wrong...

FF- to answer your question I really don’t know what’s in the mix for 2020 yet. I guess we will find out in due course. How will next season be any different? Well obviously we are competing in a lower grade so suggest that is fairly significant point of difference for starters. In regard to “whacking” the coach – you’re the one doing the whacking, not me but as they are usually the only one who gets paid I guess they wear most of the heat. Volunteers usually get burnt out, not sacked!

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more...he's got the hardest job in terms of list management in the competition...

FF- to answer your question I really don’t know what’s in the mix for 2020 yet. I guess we will find out in due course. How will next season be any different? Well obviously we are competing in a lower grade so suggest that is fairly significant point of difference for starters. In regard to “whacking” the coach – you’re the one doing the whacking, not me but as they are usually the only one who gets paid I guess they wear most of the heat. Volunteers usually get burnt out, not sacked!

JJ, Your right about a lower grade. After 3rd position they drop right away pretty dramatically. Im not wacking the Coach , Im just putting his history forward for people to decide for themselves My use of the word "wacking" is for when they get the sack, not slamming him. Your right about the rest.

The Collegians nemesis Billy Kanakis is 1st emergency for the Footscray VFL side tomorrow...Lachy Sullivan playing VFL tomorrow so won't be out their Sunday...Hugh Johnson playing for Port Melbourne as well so won't play Sunday either...not sure about Ethan Phillips.....

I'll go Blues by 13 points in a ripping game tomorrow and the Lions to sneak home by 2 points in the wet conditions on Sunday....

The Collegians nemesis Billy Kanakis is 1st emergency for the Footscray VFL side tomorrow...Lachy Sullivan playing VFL tomorrow so won't be out their Sunday...Hugh Johnson playing for Port Melbourne as well so won't play Sunday either...not sure about Ethan Phillips.....

I'll go Blues by 13 points in a ripping game tomorrow and the Lions to sneak home by 2 points in the wet conditions on Sunday....
Kanakis will play in the VFL because 2 of those picked will go as back ups to Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back