Vale Gentleman Jim - Pay your respects in this thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The service was beautiful and fitting to a great man.

Just want to say how much I admire Sam Stynes and her stoicsm and courage during the whole time Jim was ill and now after his passing.
I know Matiesse and Tiernan will be fine because they have such a wonderful and brave and strong mother.

I must say that I have a lot more time for Gary Lyon after his two speeches about Jim Stynes, first on the Footy Show then at the funeral. I am glad Jim got a state funeral, because watching it on TV made me want to be a better person. Maybe other people were similarly effected, in which case, there are a lot of us who benefited from being able to share his farewell.

My wife was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago. There is a mountain of inspiration to be found in the way that Jim Stynes faced his battle.

My thoughts go to you and your wife and the battle ahead. I am glad that Jim Stynes battle can give you inspiration. He was a very special man and a great human being.

Brian's eulogy, I'm not exaggerating, would have to be one of the deepest and most powerful expressions ever spoken in/to a public audience.

Sure was powerful. I cried with and for him. I thought he was going to go under when he started but to his credit he gathered himself and made quite an impact in the final analysis.

Great man. A rare character loved by all good football people and who gave much more to the game and to others than he took. Big man with big heart.

My wife was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago. There is a mountain of inspiration to be found in the way that Jim Stynes faced his battle.

My thought and best wishes to you and your family, bro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale Gentleman Jim - Pay your respects in this thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back