Media VeinMedia Presents... Opposition Analysis: S31 Editon

Remove this Banner Ad

Shut up Geek!
Between them they’re old enough to have lived through the Spanish Flu, let them shout at clouds all they like.

Remember, one of them melted out of the league and doesn’t belong here anymore, and the other sat there and drank all his tears whilst calling him a squib.

These two unfortunate bottom-feeders of society struggle to fit in, so they lash out irrationally when the clouds start moving.

Let them have this, it’s all they have.

Royals RATINGS
Gold City Royals

RATINGS

The Stalwart

EE6D30B7-3926-49C0-A0BF-174D36536CCD.png

Easty

Easy is about as stalwarty as you could get when discussing the Royals. Without digging into the past too much he is one of a very few original Royals from the mid-teens, and it is a testament to his hard work and dedication that he was able to stick it out for so long without the much vaunted Sweet FA premiership which they eventually won in S30.

The Up and Comer

3BC7C4F7-E187-43EE-B68D-280DC12E304D.jpeg

Gadzorks

The young greenhorn rookie from the Royals appears to have fitted in seamlessly in Gold City. Obviously he is still in his Sweet FA infancy and is still feeling his way around the joint, but if he can stay interested the Royals look to have a decent contributor on their hands.

The Fallen Hero

EDD87DB3-E921-4554-A3A0-967EAE8545E7.gif

Blacky

A former Sweet FA superstar and beez winner, Blacky wasn’t sighted during our match thread, nor has he been seen around the board all that often, which is a damn shame if I’m being completely honest with everyone. At his best he is one of the Royals elite posters, but it seems the premiership hangover is certainly in full effect when concerned with our good pal Blacky. Here’s hoping he can re-discover his mojo and get amongst it sooner rather than later, as the league will be a better place for it.

The Court Jester

52136D59-0863-4084-943C-7A4E880F78BC.png

GreyCrow

Love him or hate him, the withered Corvus is sure to elicit a chuckle with his philreich esque style of humour, and is one of the funnier posters on the board if you give him the chance.

The People’s Champion’s People’s Champion

B845ADE1-3F43-4767-B553-D1842AEAED6C.gif

The Filth Wizard

Pretty hard to go past the two-time beez winning, 12 All-SFA jacket wearing (I think) , former admin of the Sweet FA.
the The Dirty Necromancer from the Golden Throne is generally a delight to be around and had stamped his legacy on the league with pure consistency over a long period of time.​

Up next, the plasticine prophylactics from The House of Gumby travel to Abdu Prison in what is sure to be a cracking week.

Round 4 V Gumbies
ROUND 4
Baghdad V Gumbies at Abdu Prison
Last week the benevolent Baghdad Bombers played host to the plasticine prophylactics from the House of Gumby.

In seasons gone past, the Gumbies were practically a bye week, and if you didn’t enjoy Barrybran as a poster you’d be best served skipping the match thread, as that was about all you would get.
Essentially, the Gumbies were on life support, propped up by Sweet FA coffers such as Qil McQlachlan, Qeddie McQuire and other silent big qigs.

Fast-forward a few seasons and the match threads and general participation from the Gumbies tell a completely different story.

This season they have welcomed back everyone’s favourite Ned, Ned Ryerson , and he was leading from the front in our match thread cracking the ton with ease. Former Bomber and kiwi fruit on pizza enthusiast Riviat posted 87 times against his former club, generally about craft beer, whatever that is, and the human Westinghouse omgfridge posted up a storm with 72 of his own. No longer having to shoulder 95% of the posting requirements, Captain Barrybran took a back seat and hit post reply 66 times, whilst 25% of the GWS supporter base, GWS Goose posted a solid 40 over the course of the week.
Rodney Dangerfield beez Brick Loosener Jivlain and EagleOz all hit post numbers in the teens, whilst Genghis Tron just made it to 10 for the week.

The Gumbies had 17 posters contribute to the match thread in round 4, which is an overwhelming number considering where the club was at not so long ago. If you like craft beer, general chit-chat, and qooty-related banter, look no further than Barrybran and his band of merry, erm, things.

List Rating - B

RATINGS

The Stalwart

BF0E1638-8BAB-4903-B6B4-1956304EB173.jpeg
The Gumbies didn’t really have a stalwarty presence in the match thread, but StFly did post once. A unique poster when he’s up and about.

Up and comer

AE778DDE-3E2D-4D88-84BF-2187D636CFF4.png

omgfridge is certainly earmarked for captaincy down the track, so the Gumbies should look to secure his signature on a long-term qontract before rival clubs start sniffing around the fridge for a midnight snack.

The Fallen Hero

74E7A334-C426-4810-95B2-5D763C178AC2.png

Last I checked, Taylor was still on the Gumbies list, yet we didn’t have the pleasure of seeing her during the week of the match thread. One of their better posters when she’s up and about, the Gumbies certainly missed their enforcer, and they lack a hard edge without her. Hopefully she makes her way back to the league soon.

The Jester

E265FC5C-811F-49F7-99B6-89FBC50D78A9.jpeg

Could’ve gone to Ned Ryerson, but I’m a big fan of Rodney Dangerfield ‘s humour, and he generally doesn’t need to post a lot to get a laugh out of me. Shit FF though ;)

The People’s Champ

9CC2E15A-0B8B-4F95-87E1-AAF37B9F1749.jpeg

Pretty hard to look past Ned Ryerson for this rating, as he was and is the Gumbies best poster. When he took his sabbatical at the end of S28, you would often see Barry walking the streets of Sweet, wearing Ned’s jumper as a scarf and taking really deep breaths from it whilst sobbing uncontrollably. He was inconsolable. A lesser-man would’ve thrown the towel in after losing a poster of that calibre, but not Barry. He grieved, he mourned, and he pined for the return of his beloved Ned, and as always, there was a happy ending.​

5F05A1F1-C8C5-42E8-92D3-F48B3A919D09.gif

:hearteyes:

Up next, the geriatric gorillas from BJ oval.

Giggidy.

Round 5 V Roys
Round 5
ROYS FFC V BAGHDAD

In round 5 the mighty Baghdadi brethren made the trek to BJ Oval to tackle the league’s retirement village full of geriatric gorillas in the Roys FFC.

What made the anticipated contest even spicier was the fact that the Bombers had just previously poached recruited their two strongest and most talented posters from the previous season. The dynamic duo of BLUEALLTHRU and RobR left a meteor-sized hole in their playing list, but credit where credit is due, as the Roys stalwarts managed to find some warm bodies to replace them.

The week started off pretty well with the bulk of the posting coming from fan-favourite fitzroybowiedog who posted 168 times, and KFC-enthusiast Supersuns who managed to scrape his way to 130.

League stalwart and personal favourite Dingster fell just short of the 100, captain courageous TedDougChris started the week strongly before fading late, but still managed 90 of his own.

Runk almost hit the half-century with the bulk of his posts in Rik Mayall gif-form, former Warrior-turned-Roy Wosh posted 46 times, and returning Roys legend Barrels hit post reply 32 times, and the thread was infinitely better on the Roys part when he did.

The Roys managed to sign a glut of rookies in the off-season, with one of them being Aristotle Pickett who showed some really encouraging signs with his 30 posts. The fearless feline brigade in cats2rise (20 posts) and unlisted onlooker Cats_R_Cool_4_Ever (18 posts) got their claws out on occasion and started scratching everyone, rookie Warren Zevon (17 posts) Mooch (17), the human half-hat JackNah_8 (14) and grumpy old bastard royboy2 (13) round out the posters that managed to hit double-figures for the gorillas.

One of the better posting units in the league, the Roys are very much a qooty-oriented style of team, with their shtick being old, grumpy and yelling at clouds for looking at them funny type of club.

They had 17 contributors across the week, but could do with a Grand Uncle Horace type to really solidify their fist-shaking faux outrage quota across the league and outside of match threads.

List rating: B-

RATINGS

The Stalwart

5DD453BB-33F7-47C3-BEAE-AD589E9F0989.gif

Very hard to go past former captain fitzroybowiedog when you’re talking about Roys stalwarts. His activity levels seem to be up this season and that can only mean good things for not only the gorillas at BJ oval, but the Sweet FA community in general.

Up and Comer

2AB7F66F-C344-4447-8850-BF8822C0BF73.gif

As I mentioned earlier, the Roys signed a plethora of new blood to the league for S31, but Aristotle Pickett looks to be the Pickett of the lot. He seemed to enjoy the light-hearted banter that was on offer from the mighty Bombers during the week, and I’m sure he’ll only get better with each match under posters like Dingster and fitzy.

The Fallen Hero

51D93354-18E9-457F-9B86-2FAEEC868EE1.png

Tough one to adjudicate during the week, but I felt that Supersuns worked better when he had like-minded posters in RobR and BLUEALLTHRU to bounce off. That spark that he had as a rookie has seemed a little less sparkly this season, but I’m hoping that it was just an aberration as he seems destined to take over from overlord TedDougChris in the not-too-distant future.

The Court Jester/s

DF52D507-8352-45C3-AD39-0CD5D500D2B1.jpeg DDBE10A4-9B16-49CF-802F-C8A272103D70.gif

Returning Roys legend Barrels battled it out with Mooch for this rating, but they were too tough to split as they’re both funny bastards.

The People’s Champ

C91FEE54-FBE0-4C41-9BC6-EDDD06408EA1.jpeg

Although he’s a tad grumpier and has let himself go considerably since abandoning the Wonders for the retirement village at BJ oval, Dingster still remains not only the Roys best poster, but one of the best in the league.
He’s been around a lot longer than people think as well, well over 20 seasons in fact, and he still gets involved with tour matches and recruiting which just shows how much he truly cares about the health of the league. One of the best things about Ding is that he doesn’t take the place as seriously as some, and he loves the Bombers as well, I think 🤔

Anyway, another week of analysis done and dusted.

Next week, the East Side Hawks.

✌🏻

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough one to adjudicate during the week, but I felt that @Supersuns worked better when he had like-minded posters in @RobR and @BLUEALLTHRU to bounce off.
I agree, Supersuns hurry up and join the bombres

Round 5
ROYS FFC V BAGHDAD

In round 5 the mighty Baghdadi brethren made the trek to BJ Oval to tackle the league’s retirement village full of geriatric gorillas in the Roys FFC.

What made the anticipated contest even spicier was the fact that the Bombers had just previously poached recruited their two strongest and most talented posters from the previous season. The dynamic duo of BLUEALLTHRU and RobR left a meteor-sized hole in their playing list, but credit where credit is due, as the Roys stalwarts managed to find some warm bodies to replace them.

The week started off pretty well with the bulk of the posting coming from fan-favourite fitzroybowiedog who posted 168 times, and KFC-enthusiast Supersuns who managed to scrape his way to 130.

League stalwart and personal favourite Dingster fell just short of the 100, captain courageous TedDougChris started the week strongly before fading late, but still managed 90 of his own.

Runk almost hit the half-century with the bulk of his posts in Rik Mayall gif-form, former Warrior-turned-Roy Wosh posted 46 times, and returning Roys legend Barrels hit post reply 32 times, and the thread was infinitely better on the Roys part when he did.

The Roys managed to sign a glut of rookies in the off-season, with one of them being Aristotle Pickett who showed some really encouraging signs with his 30 posts. The fearless feline brigade in cats2rise (20 posts) and unlisted onlooker Cats_R_Cool_4_Ever (18 posts) got their claws out on occasion and started scratching everyone, rookie Warren Zevon (17 posts) Mooch (17), the human half-hat JackNah_8 (14) and grumpy old bastard royboy2 (13) round out the posters that managed to hit double-figures for the gorillas.

One of the better posting units in the league, the Roys are very much a qooty-oriented style of team, with their shtick being old, grumpy and yelling at clouds for looking at them funny type of club.

They had 17 contributors across the week, but could do with a Grand Uncle Horace type to really solidify their fist-shaking faux outrage quota across the league and outside of match threads.

List rating: B-

RATINGS

The Stalwart

View attachment 1072760

Very hard to go past former captain fitzroybowiedog when you’re talking about Roys stalwarts. His activity levels seem to be up this season and that can only mean good things for not only the gorillas at BJ oval, but the Sweet FA community in general.

Up and Comer

View attachment 1072759

As I mentioned earlier, the Roys signed a plethora of new blood to the league for S31, but Aristotle Pickett looks to be the Pickett of the lot. He seemed to enjoy the light-hearted banter that was on offer from the mighty Bombers during the week, and I’m sure he’ll only get better with each match under posters like Dingster and fitzy.

The Fallen Hero

View attachment 1072761

Tough one to adjudicate during the week, but I felt that Supersuns worked better when he had like-minded posters in RobR and BLUEALLTHRU to bounce off. That spark that he had as a rookie has seemed a little less sparkly this season, but I’m hoping that it was just an aberration as he seems destined to take over from overlord TedDougChris in the not-too-distant future.

The Court Jester/s

View attachment 1072758View attachment 1072762

Returning Roys legend Barrels battled it out with Mooch for this rating, but they were too tough to split as they’re both funny bastards.

The People’s Champ

View attachment 1072776

Although he’s a tad grumpier and has let himself go considerably since abandoning the Wonders for the retirement village at BJ oval, Dingster still remains not only the Roys best poster, but one of the best in the league.
He’s been around a lot longer than people think as well, well over 20 seasons in fact, and he still gets involved with tour matches and recruiting which just shows how much he truly cares about the health of the league. One of the best things about Ding is that he doesn’t take the place as seriously as some, and he loves the Bombers as well, I think 🤔

Anyway, another week of analysis done and dusted.

Next week, the East Side Hawks.

✌🏻
I've got to be odds on for the Steamer surely Santoz? My trophy cabinet would fit it nicely

I've got to be odds on for the Steamer surely Santoz? My trophy cabinet would fit it nicely
Looks like your cabinet is brimming with personal achievements mate.

19B68C9E-666F-4787-BE1C-89690302D5F8.jpeg

Dont forgot my under 15s Goal Kicking award mate. It was the peak of my life
They’ll give anyone a Macca’s award in juniors, eh?

Who the **** only eats a junior burger and small fries?! I remember being a teen and eating about 5 burgers a time from Maccas, and I was still just your normal-sized ethnic 15 year-old footballer.

34D19794-BB9C-4030-9EA7-8B7ADDFA87BE.gif

They’ll give anyone a Macca’s award in juniors, eh?

Who the fu** only eats a junior burger and small fries?! I remember being a teen and eating about 5 burgers a time from Maccas, and I was still just your normal-sized ethnic 15 year-old footballer.

View attachment 1072806
Still got my round 7 $15 Dominos pizza voucher for BOG from under 12's. God i was good

Dont forgot my under 15s Goal Kicking award mate. It was the peak of my life
Mate, you can't outdo my B grade tantrum, the dummy award in 1994.
Only bloke from my club to yell at his teammates at 3/4 time saying I'm going home, you campaigners aren't even trying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media VeinMedia Presents... Opposition Analysis: S31 Editon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back