Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope. Has become a thing.

And they'll let you know about it too

Its true, triple lane highways are now treated like they are supermarket car parks too.
If someone wants to change lane, don't think about finding a space to merge into, hit your brakes and put your blinker on.
Hoot your horn if the guy on your right doesn't stop to let you in.

If there is an extra lane on the left at the intersection, that you know will merge back in after the intersection, don't worry about the merge, just accelerate the same speed as the cement truck next to you, and put your blinker and push over when your lane disappears.

If coming out of a service road, instead of merging into the left lane, turn your car 90 degrees to the flow of traffic and slowly drive across, because you want to be in the far lane.

Keep your car at 20-30km/h below the speed limit and if you catch up to an even slower vehicle in another lane, don't drive past, because that might be scary. Sit just behind them and match their speed.
Don't forget to wang your foot on the brakes to let other people in from side roads as noted by Phantom.

Its true, triple lane highways are now treated like they are supermarket car parks too.
If someone wants to change lane, don't think about finding a space to merge into, hit your brakes and put your blinker on.

If there is an extra lane on the left at the intersection, that you know will merge back in after the intersection, don't worry about the merge, just accelerate the same speed as the cement truck next to you, and put your blinker and push over when your lane disappears.

If coming out of a service road, instead of merging into the left lane, turn your car 90 degrees to the flow of traffic and slowly drive across, because you want to be in the far lane.

Keep your car at 20-30km/h below the speed limit and if you catch up to an even slower vehicle in another lane, don't drive past, because that might be scary. Sit just behind them and match their speed.
Don't forget to wang your foot on the brakes to let other people in from side roads as noted by Phantom.
I watch Dashcams weekly and it's a jungle out there

On the last one, I’m convinced some people are actually scared to pass a truck and refuse to move up beside them so sit behind them in the right lane…

On the last one, I’m convinced some people are actually scared to pass a truck and refuse to move up beside them so sit behind them in the right lane…

Yep, the whole reason they spent all that money making duplicate lanes....shot down by one idiot.

Flogs that press the pedestrian crossing button then j walk
If there's a Pelican crossing sensor, then they've done you a favour (assuming the walked when there was no traffic). It's illegal for them to j-walk, but if they clear the crossing, the sensor will tell the lights to go back to green for traffic quicker.

If they wait for their green then saunter across, the sensor will hold the green person until the pedestrian clears the crossing.

Saw a strange one today, was stuck behind someone sitting below the limit coming out of town. Had about 5ks to the overtaking lane so just sat behind them.

A car sat behind me right up my ass the whole way, clearly thought like me that we were going too slow. Anyway, got to the overtaking lane and I shot past the slow car, yet for some unknown reason the car behind me decided to tailgate the slow car and stay behind them, wtf???

The other one is dickheads who need to park beside someone, why? The car park is ****ing empty!!! If there are 3 free spots, I take the middle. Some idiots take the one right up against your door. Or the one just now, for some unknown reason in a completely empty car park, someone has reversed into the spot behind me, why???? There is over 300 empty spaces including every single space around us and they chose that spot…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw a strange one today, was stuck behind someone sitting below the limit coming out of town. Had about 5ks to the overtaking lane so just sat behind them.

A car sat behind me right up my ass the whole way, clearly thought like me that we were going too slow. Anyway, got to the overtaking lane and I shot past the slow car, yet for some unknown reason the car behind me decided to tailgate the slow car and stay behind them, wtf???

The other one is dickheads who need to park beside someone, why? The car park is ****ing empty!!! If there are 3 free spots, I take the middle. Some idiots take the one right up against your door. Or the one just now, for some unknown reason in a completely empty car park, someone has reversed into the spot behind me, why???? There is over 300 empty spaces including every single space around us and they chose that spot…

People do that with boats too.
A group of us anchored and went diving, offshore close to a deep drop.
When we came back up , there were 3 boats close bye. Tossing out burley of course.

My wife is one of the car park dickheads unfortunately 🙄

Drives me nuts

People do that with boats too.
A group of us anchored and went diving, offshore close to a deep drop.
When we came back up , there were 3 boats close bye. Tossing out burley of course.
That’s so shit and dangerous
I hope you absolutely gave it to them and told them how stupid they were and to **** off ?!

i had to pick up our dog from doggy daycare tonight, some woman had parked next to me, the carpark has about 10 empty spaces, she could have picked one of them but noooooo she had to park next to me, and she parked on an angle and about 30cm's from my door, i told her she had to move so i could get in and she huff and puffed and went and parked by the front door, also ill go to the shops and park far away in the empty area and some campaigner has parked next to me

i had to pick up our dog from doggy daycare tonight, some woman had parked next to me, the carpark has about 10 empty spaces, she could have picked one of them but noooooo she had to park next to me, and she parked on an angle and about 30cm's from my door, i told her she had to move so i could get in and she huff and puffed and went and parked by the front door, also ill go to the shops and park far away in the empty area and some campaigner has parked next to me

The thing is tonight I’d picked up a large and expensive item and had already put it in the car and gone back in to a different shop when they decided to park there.

But if they’d been there before I got back the first time I’d have been hitting their car with my boot or the trolley or both…

There were so many empty spaces they could have done what I did and driven through any of the hundreds free around…

They drive like that too, you can be driving along an empty country highway on cruise control. Then you catch a group of 4 or 5 cars who all seem to like each other.

When you finally get past them, the road is empty again.

Similar to the people who need a car next to them to park properly, there are people who even before cruise control just like to follow another car.

Picture a two lane road approaching a set of red traffic lights. There are two cars in the lane next to you further in front, and your lane is empty, meaning you will be first at the green light in your lane.

The car second in the other lane merged into your lane so they can be first. The lights change green, and they do not drive quicker than the car they were originally behind. Both lanes are now sitting 5-10km below the speed limit and you cannot overtake because they are side by side.

Why the flip do people do this?

Picture a two lane road approaching a set of red traffic lights. There are two cars in the lane next to you further in front, and your lane is empty, meaning you will be first at the green light in your lane.

The car second in the other lane merged into your lane so they can be first. The lights change green, and they do not drive quicker than the car they were originally behind. Both lanes are now sitting 5-10km below the speed limit and you cannot overtake because they are side by side.

Why the flip do people do this?
TO WIN AT ROAD WARSSSS!

ABSOLUTELY not a defence of this but i spoke to someone who did this one day (recent migrant as a matter of fact) who said they found using a car as a guide opposed to the lines alot easier.

Its still annoying to me but the explanation actually made sense.

ABSOLUTELY not a defence of this but i spoke to someone who did this one day (recent migrant as a matter of fact) who said they found using a car as a guide opposed to the lines alot easier.

Its still annoying to me but the explanation actually made sense.
Would've thought (and it sucks this is even a consideration) that women would find it more comfortable parking near other cars, rather than having to walk alone through a dark carpark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back