2nds VFL Round 10 - Box Hill v Geelong, Box Hill City Oval, 2:00PM Saturday 4 June

Remove this Banner Ad

RaptorRoj

Senior List
Mar 5, 2011
Werribee
AFL Club
Geelong
Geelong
B
McLean
Gillies
Horlin-Smith
HB
Guthrie
West
Walker
C
Byrnes
T. Selwood
Barham
HF
Simpkin
Mooney
Motlop
F
Brown
Hawkins
Schroder
R
Simpson
Duncan
Christensen
Int
Burbury
Corrigan
Maas

Cuthill
Hollmer
Tutungi

Raidme
Baker*
Bathie

I'm heading to the AFL instead, especially given the weather.. so if anyone is not going down the highway, would be awesome to hear how the kids go. Best and most balanced team all year

Re: Geelong v Box Hill - Saturday 4th June, 2pm

Disagree with top heavy.. Mooney probably won't play ~ mistake by club to name him, shows it was an omission..

three key backs - walker, gillies, bathie
three key forwards - hawkins, mooney or bathie, brown
two rucks - simpson, west

I thought Mooney was going to play less matches not more? I'm happy if he is playing 2's but if so it's a backflip on what Scott said earlier in the week.

Team is still top heavy although less than it would be if Blake wasn't injured. For goodness sake, now our injury list has lessened, can we play West in the ruck not CHB as named? While he's mobile and good in defence, he's most likely to play when Otto needs a break, so he should be in the ruck.

Hopefully Hawkins dominates and Guthrie Simpkin Schroder and Motlop all really press their claims.

Disagree with top heavy.. Mooney probably won't play ~ mistake by club to name him, shows it was an omission..

three key backs - walker, gillies, bathie
three key forwards - hawkins, mooney or bathie, brown
two rucks - simpson, west

It'll be McLean Gillies Bathie (backs) Hawkins Mooney (if he plays) Brown and maybe Walker will play forward? with West and Simpson rucking hopefully.

Hawks are quite tall with Johnson, Hale Lowden and Renouf (5 rucks actually if Pattison plays), so hopefully they won't be able to exploit our top heavyness.

Be interesting to see how Isaac Smith goes.

Cheers, I meant McLean not Bathie down back
Walker is a backman
West is a kpp.. Scott realises he's too small to ruck, so has been workin on a backup..

Hi Guys.

Just a quick heads up - the Box Hill Hawks v Geelong Cats VFL game will be broadcast on the radio and the internet.

If you're going to the ground or live in Melbourne's inner suburbs, you can listen to the broadcast on 94.1 FM 3WBC.

For everyone else, the Internet Stream is at www.3wbc.org.au

Though the start of the game is at 2pm, I suggest you get onto the stream early as our capacity is around 1,000 listeners and hits it's peak most weeks.

Cheers,
Pete @ 3WBC

P.S> If you're going to the game and have never been to Box Hill before, the ground is at the corner of Middleborough and Whitehorse Roads - Take a Belgrave or Lilydale train to Laburnum and the ground is a short 5 minute walk away.

Hate how the VFL conflicts with the seniors. Would be great to catch a couple of games this year
Is bizarre, we play Hawthorn next week, so surely it would have made sense to have Geeloing VFL play Box Hill then, and what is the AFL curtain -raiser tomorrow?

Latest on Drum?

Listed as 'test' so I assume they decided to wait one more week which given his history is a good idea.

I am spewing that the one time this year the VFL play in my neck of the woods it's on the same time as the seniors!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listed as 'test' so I assume they decided to wait one more week which given his history is a good idea.

I am spewing that the one time this year the VFL play in my neck of the woods it's on the same time as the seniors!
Because of work etc, etc, I'v decided to not rush to Geelong, but rather walk to the VFL game and watch our prospects. Shame you won't be there.

Yeah I'd love to be there too, could have a nice walk over to City Oval if not for the seniors.

Look forward to your reports from the game mate. Let us know how Hawkins (who is now definitely playing) and Mooney (Amos said today he might play) go along with the kids of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds VFL Round 10 - Box Hill v Geelong, Box Hill City Oval, 2:00PM Saturday 4 June

Remove this Banner Ad

Back