2nds VFL Round 17 - Geelong vs Sandringham 2pm @ Skilled Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Otto

Anyone see Otto play in the reserves today? Heard on the news that he got through the game and kicked 2. With 2nd spot sewn up think he should play Seniors next week. We seriously need something up forward.

Holmer when he was at true fullforward but we smashed them in the middle and across 1/2 back so he had to wander upground to get kicks. Westy picked him up when he came out and also Ben Johnson for a while. Hardly got a kick until last quarter.

Glad to read that last sentence. Can't stand Sautner. Most the goals I've seen him get over the years are usually the result of a handball over the top when he's all alone in the goal square. The way Cleary and co. crap on about him during ABC telecasts when Sandringham are being televised, you'd be forgiven for thinking he was the best full forward to ever pull on a boot.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Agree with a few comments on here; Phil Cleary is an absolute TOOL! He loves anyone not playing for Geelong, that is the honest truth. He forgets that without the money that some of the AFL teams inject into the comp, it would be a fourth rate comp instead of one of the better state run comps in the land.

Cleary has raved about Sautner for ages. Pods is a better forward; totally amazed he is not playing AFL. There are some real duds out there, and Pods isn't one of them.

Cleary is not a tool at all, he just has a nostalgic passion for the old VFA competition. The truth is that the VFL is a bit of a mongrel, and supporters of the traditional clubs like Cleary really are suffering.

But agreed that Phil should try to at least commentate games without making his bias so obvious. Passion for the game is his strong point, professionalism probably not so.

Fuzz, agree mate. Tool in the sense of unbridled lack of awareness to change. Secondly, as pointed out, he is extremely unprofessional in his ability to limit his bias.

The competition needed to change. Simple. Clubs were running out of money and would have seriously put the competition at risk as a whole. Moreover, the playing fields and such were just run into the ground with no attempt by the clubs that he covets to change the situation.

I would rather Geelong West was back in the VFL too, but I don't limit my thoughts to just that.

He may be a legend but his mind set against the GFC is over the top, I know we are an AFL club but we are forced to pay more $$$ to play in the VFL and brought the biggest GF crowds for many years.

Oh no,we have to put with Cleary whinging on saturday.Can't wait for a Geelong v Collingwood VFL GF.Phil would probably refuse to work the boundary that game.

The sooner that old fart goes the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds VFL Round 17 - Geelong vs Sandringham 2pm @ Skilled Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back