Voss in 2013 (aka 'the Voss megathread')

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did anyone else see the stat on 360 just before re games won since Rd 13 last year? I took a photo but don't know how to get it on here.

Bulldogs/GWS 1
Melbourne 4
Port 6
Gold Coast 7
St Kilda 8
Essendon/Carlton/Richmond/Us 9
West Coast 10

I know snapshot stats aren't necessarily an accurate picture but geez....

So did anyone else see the stat on 360 just before re games won since Rd 13 last year? I took a photo but don't know how to get it on here.

They actually highlighted that damning statistic of the Dogs only having won one game in the past 19 games on 7 news down here in Melbourne compared to GWS and Melbourne. Until it was highlighted, I had no idea they were travelling that badly. And as Gerard pointed out, it probably is worse in the Dogs case compared to Melbourne, because they actually have decent leaders around the place, whereas Melbourne don't.

They actually highlighted that damning statistic of the Dogs only having won one game in the past 19 games on 7 news down here in Melbourne compared to GWS and Melbourne. Until it was highlighted, I had no idea they were travelling that badly. And as Gerard pointed out, it probably is worse in the Dogs case compared to Melbourne, because they actually have decent leaders around the place, whereas Melbourne don't.

Makes you wonder why there hasn't been a bit more heat on them.

Dogs have just bottomed out, they are on the lowest point in the rebuilding roller coaster. Heat will start to build if they struggle to beat the bottom sides like Suns, Melb and GWS for rest of the year, and haven't improved by this time next year.

Makes you wonder why there hasn't been a bit more heat on them.

I think it is partly to do with the Bulldogs publically stating they are rebuilding and as such appointed a coach who is held very highly in relation to developing young talent and dealing with young men. As a result, the heat hasn't been on them, but a couple of losses to sides they are expected to beat, then I'm sure the media will be all over them. The loss to the Suns may be an aberration, but similar losses to GWS and Melbourne will rightly put them fairly in the gun.

Considering the amount of stories the MFC have generated alone and the Dank/Essendon story, I'm not surprised that not much media scrutiny has come their way, but like us last week, the vultures could well be circling the Western Oval.

I think it is partly to do with the Bulldogs publically stating they are rebuilding and as such appointed a coach who is held very highly in relation to developing young talent and dealing with young men. As a result, the heat hasn't been on them, but a couple of losses to sides they are expected to beat, then I'm sure the media will be all over them. The loss to the Suns may be an aberration, but similar losses to GWS and Melbourne will rightly put them fairly in the gun.

Considering the amount of stories the MFC have generated alone and the Dank/Essendon story, I'm not surprised that not much media scrutiny has come their way, but like us last week, the vultures could well be circling the Western Oval.

I reckon the average media story has a two week maximum life cycle, without further food, it withers and dies. Melbourne were no better three weeks after they got smashed by the bombers but the media had moved on, Vossy copped heat for two weeks,now McCartney. In a couple of weeks they'll go after Sheedy asking is he actually coaching or has he already left he building. It's predictable and pathetic.

Bulldogs/GWS 1
Melbourne 4
Port 6
Gold Coast 7
St Kilda 8
Essendon/Carlton/Richmond/Us 9
West Coast 10

I know snapshot stats aren't necessarily an accurate picture but geez....

Honestly after getting pissed off at Lloyd and others' snapshot stats for us, I just disregard any stats that don't count from the start of a coach's reign or on a year to year basis.

At what point do we start to say the win against the Suns was a little more than an expected win considering they are leading the Hawks on the G at half time?

If we maintain the current level of fight through the rest of the mid season patch, I reckon Voss will have come close to securing a new contract.

Haters gonna hate.
I hope the board are smart and realistic enough to look past the win/loss record at this stage of the rebuild. Losses against Adelaide, West Coast, and Carlton should all be put down to the young, inexperienced team and tired young bodies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not too disappointed with yesterdays results....for all the silly mistakes and inaccurate kicking, we only went down by a very small margin.

We are not too far off imo as long as we don't have a massive upheaval like bringing in a new coach would do. Again imo, it would set us back a year or two if that was to happen.

Vossy doing well:thumbsu:

If we maintain the current level of fight through the rest of the mid season patch, I reckon Voss will have come close to securing a new contract.

Haters gonna hate.

I reckon you are right. I also think with incremental improvement over the next 12 months we will be a very good team next year. Possibly even top 6. The signs are there I think.

Once again it was our start, but the signs are there.

Not only first quarters, which is quite clearly the worst of our quarters, but our last quarters also make for poor reading:

1st quarters - Lions 22.24.156 to Opposition's 41.34.280 (-124 points) (Won 2 quarters, drew 2 and lost 5)

4th quarters - Lions 23.29.167 to Opposition's 34.29.233 (-66) (Won 4, lost 5)

Statistically on the scoreboard, our second quarters are our best with 4 wins and a draw and a differential of +24. We have won 4 third quarters with a differential of -43.

What does this have to do with Michael Voss?

I don't know, just responding to @lionbear's post.

I wasn't having a go at Voss, I was just saying the first quarter cost us the win, I think where we are in our development you have to expect that a but, especially when we lose sauce to suspension last week.

Considering we started our rebuild when Gold Coast entered and we are equal with them even though they get the cream. I am one to sign Voss now so we can focus on building for next year, all that holding him off does is put unnecessary pressure on a team which should be focusing in development.

Tired bodies in round 2?
A team with an average age of 23 running out a 4th quarter as opposed to a team with an average age of 26 running out a 4th quarter, yeah it makes a huge difference. The average age of 23/24 really isn't as bad as it looks either. Having a few oldies in the team like Black and Brown bumps it up a bit. We have had 7-9 players with under 25 games experience in our side almost per game.

voss hasn't done nearly enough yet, last year we finished with 10 wins, if we cannot equal or better that, then he has to go

so.. we need 7-8 wins from the next 13 games..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back