VOTES rd 11

Remove this Banner Ad

POTY

5 - Thommo

Daylight

4 - Bass
3 - Porps ( for his " 1-man forward line " antics in the 1st half )
2 - Edwards
1 - Jericho

TTM

3 - Bass
2 - Goody
1 - Dogga

ROTY

2 - Vince

You must be joking!
Bassett done 3 things all day...took a saving mark on the goal line and spoiled cleanly; twice.

Too slow = Time to Go

You must be joking!
Bassett done 3 things all day...took a saving mark on the goal line and spoiled cleanly; twice.

Too slow = Time to Go

Take it i've left one of your MAN-CRUSHES out ??:rolleyes:

Gave him votes for not dropping his head after quarter time.

____ , if u like i'll slot SCOTT STEVENS in there instead !!!! :rolleyes:
( worst game i've EVER seen a crow play )

POTY:

5 - Scott Thompson: Goes without saying. Absolutely fantastic game from him, lead the contested possession count with 10, and also kicked 6 goals. Brilliant.

4 - Bernie Vince: What a GUN this bloke is. 30 possessions, of which 10 were contested. 8 inside 50s. Absolutely fantastic game and he has been a massive improver this year.

3 - Tyson Edwards: Good to see him showing form again. 15 effective kicks out of 15. Also had 9 contested possessions. One of only a few senior players to stand up today.

2 - Robert Shirley: I've been critical of him, but his form this year has been exceptionally good. He kept Nathan Foley to only 13 possessions, great job :thumbsu:

1 - Ivan Maric: The best game he's played this year by far, and perhaps in the AFL to date.

BTM:

3 - Robert Shirley
2 - Michael Doughty
1 - Ivan Maric

ROTY:

2 - Bernie Vince
1 - Ivan Maric

POTY:

5 - Scott Thompson. Can't kick, apparently.
4 - Big bad bustling Bernie Vince
3 - Tyson Edwards, aka by my son "the old bald man"
2 - Luke Jericho. Very important in the 3rd term
1 - Ivan Maric. Maybe his best game. Would have been nice if could have iced it with a goal in

BTM:

3 - Big Ivan. Really lifted after a slowish start, and Hudson-esque in his attack on the ground.
2 - Robert Shirley. 11, count them, 11 tackles.
1 - Truck Rutten . Terrific all day

ROTY:

2 - Bernie V
1 - Maric

POTY
5. Thommo
Got my cheque book out for some brownlow betting, although his odds would hav just shortened quite a bit. He was match winning today, in way we haven't had a player do since vintage Roo. Simply awesome, he owned it today.

4. Vince
Was great all day, more than great. Thommo being up forward more meant he covered his loss in the centre for us.

3. Edwards
Toiled all day, consistent all day, exactly what we have come to epxect.

2. Jericho
Great game. Covered for Burton in terms of goals and kept presenting, popped up when needed.

1. Maric
He has def been worth the wait.

BTM
3. Macca
2. Doughty
1. Tippett

ROTY
2. Vince
1. Maric

POTY:

1 - Ivan Maric. Maybe his best game. Would have been nice if could have iced it with a goal in

BTM:

3 - Big Ivan. Really lifted after a slowish start, and Hudson-esque in his attack on the ground.

ROTY:

2 - Bernie V
1 - Maric

Seconded. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 Thompson - goes without saying 6 amazing goals and the ball on a string!
4 Vince - boy have we found a diamond in the rough 30 possies 3 goals 10 cont. possies 8 inside 50's superb!
3 Edwards - the man had something to prove and he did today solid game and kicked a few! on ya tyson!
2 Jerricho 5 goals actually kicked them when we needed them took his oppertunities well today.
1 Maric - he was amazing nerver gave up was in and uder packs was the perfect ruckman today!

3 Porps- stiff to miss the votes once again his hands are velvet!
2 Rutten - gets a fist in there and has the heart the size of phar lap!
1 Shirley 11 tackles says it all kept Foley to under 20

2 Vince- it's a shame he's too old cos he'd win the whole rising star award for sure! GUN!
1 Maric- was great today

POTY:
5) Thompson - 6 goals pretty much has it every day of the week, 23 possessions and 10 contested just mkes it a certainty.
4) Edwards - Great game from him, one of the few who stood up early and helped us weather the storm, still a vital cog in our chances this year.
3) Vince - gee, he's really stepped up well this year into a consistent, goal kicking midfielder, great to see.
2) Porplyzia - this bloke is amazing, just so smooth, they called D. Jarman a Rolls Royce, well I reckon we've got a new one.
1) Jericho - Appologies to Maric, but his 5 goals came at a crucial time in the game and helped us break Richmond in that 3rd quarter.

BTM:
3) Maric - Just missed out on being in the best, but just tries his heart out and despite his big size still tries to do the 1%s and tackle etc.
2) Shirely - Great taggers game from Shirley, great to see him back in form as what he brings to the side is so crucial to our success.
1) Thompson - Given it to him for his versitility, which to a team is so versitile, we all know he can claim 30 possies in the middle, but to go forward and cover for Burton when needed to is priceless.

ROTY:
2) Vince - 30 possessions, need I say much more
1) Maric - Out rucked one of the better ruckman of the comp and came out with 21 hit outs and 15 possessions, top work from the big man.

5. Scott Thompson - Simply awesome.
4. Bernie Vince - What a gun, seriously.
3. Tyson Edwards - Great to see egg on some peoples faces. He is still quite quick for an old coot too.
2. Luke Jericho - Wow some of those goals were awesome. Still seems hesitant to tackle but if he presents and performs that well week in week out i can forgive him.
1. Ivan Maric - Love this kid, he has given it his all every game he's played this year. His defensive pressure and pure gut busting desperation is terrific to watch.

BTM:

3. Maric
2. Douglas
1. Shirley

ROTY:

2 - Vince
1 - Maric

POTY:

BTM:

ROTY:

2 - Bernie V
1 - Maric

Seconded. :thumbsu:

Thirded :thumbsu:

:D at the bolded. Great name popped up in the match thread from Punchy. "Meercat Edwards".

POTY:
5 Scott Thompson did everything 6 goals 5 tackles 10 contested clearly the best on the field
4 Bernie Vince got his own ball 30 possessions 10 contested 3 goals 7 marks
3 Luke Jericho was a big part of our 3rd quarter comeback played burton's role well and deserves another few weeks in the team
2 Ivan Maric handled the ruck duties for most of the day easily matched it with simmonds
1 Jason Porplyzia 3 goals some big strong marks and provided a target all day
also 1 Tyson Edwards (didn't deserve to not get a vote) 28 possessions 10 marks was very handy did a lot of good things

BTM:
3 Shirley kept foley to 13 possessions 11 tackle great tagging game
2 Maric gave us first hands on it more often than not
1 Jericho provided us with the spark when we needed it

ROTY:
Bernie Vince played like a gun has come a long way in a short space of time
Ivan Maric stepped up in griffin's absence

5 - Thompson - Has there ever been an easier choice for BOG? Kept us in it in the first half and then kept going. Brownlow chance.

4 Rutten - he was immense today. Hardly put a foot wrong under big pressure in the first half

3- Shirley - destroyed Foley

2 Maric - smashed em in the middle

1 Vince - excellent game, other than blind kicking into the forward line

Edwards and Porps were good but for me burnt the ball too much early. May be harsh on Jericho but was lucky in my view. Didn't chase and got the ball when they turned it over, fell in his lap or had the sit. Good game for him with five goals but in the long term I am way from being convinced.

Team Man

3 R douglas - great first half

2 N Bassett - kept going thouhg had a shocker but kept going

1 Tippett - presented all day and works very hard

Rookie
2 vince
1 Tippett

POTY

5. Thompson. Outstanding 4 quarter effort from this tough as tungsten mid-fielder. Did it all both on the ball and up forward. We stole him for draft pick 12. :)

4. Vince. Great game from Bernie today who has risen from virtual nothingness to being one of the competition's in-form mid-fielders. Has good body strength and height, good hands and a kick like an angry mule.

3. Edwards. Much maligned in recent weeks but he made his knockers eat their words today. High work rate and high performance. Great come-back to form.

2. Shirley. Has hit peak form in the past few weeks since shrugging off injury. Kept an in form mid-fielder in Foley to a very average game.

1. Maric. Dominated the rucks today as well as having a good one around the ground as well. Excellent work rate and showed great stamina as well as ability.

Special mentions to Jericho for his 5 goals as well as Porplyzia and Knights who both had excellent 3rd quarters which helped to get Adelaide up and firing.

Best Team Man

3. Shirley. See above

2. Maric See above

1. Porpyzia. Some genuine ball magic from Porps once again which helped to inspire the side to lift.

ROOKIE

2. Vince. His 30 possessions speak for themselves.

1. Maric playing like a man inspired.

POTY

5: Scott Thompson -
Was brilliant today was the reason we were only 14 points down at the half and continued his form in the 2nd half and ended kicking a career best 6, never realized was such an accurate kick for goal :eek: (maybe every other player when in goal distance should 'fake' an injury and get Thommo to take the kick :D)

4: Tyson Edwards - Was great today put in a 4 Qtr effort and was effective on every player Wallace tried to put on him, has proved his doubters wrong including myself :eek:

3: Luke Jericho - Give me a J, give me a E, give me a R, give me a I, give me a C, give me a H, give me a O, what does it spell? SUPERSTAR!!!!! :p Wow!!! had a great 3rd term, read the ball off the packs well and timed his leads to perfection kicked 5, but still can't believe the commentators were calling him the new Burton :rolleyes:

2: Jason Porplyzia: - Had a usual Jason Porplyzia type of match bobbed up in the forward line and kicked goals, won some great ball in the centre, took some great grabs as well and made Tony Shaw wet his pants again which thoroughly deserves 2 votes

1: Bernie Vince - Played a good match worked real hard in the tight pack situations and kicked a few goals but like when Thompson racks them up didn't really notice and didn't think he had a great impact on the game and was totally surprised he racked up 30 disposals that I could of been knocked over with a Scott Steven's attempted spoil :p

BTM

3: Robert Shirley -
done a great job in containing Nathan Foley whom i think along with Richo is the barometer of the Tigers and managed to get the ball on occasions and also laid a great number of tackles.

2: Ben Rutten - Got a few goals kicked on him early but like ams4crows said has a heart as big as Phar Lap and came back well in the 2nd half

1: Ivan Maric: - Big Ivan had a great 3rd term, was able to win the hit-outs more often then not and was also very good below his knees as well

ROTY

2: Bernie Vince

1: Ivan Maric

5 - Thompson - Has there ever been an easier choice for BOG? Kept us in it in the first half and then kept going. Brownlow chance.

4 Rutten - he was immense today. Hardly put a foot wrong under big pressure in the first half

3- Shirley - destroyed Foley

2 Maric - smashed em in the middle

1 Vince - excellent game, other than blind kicking into the forward line

Edwards and Porps were good but for me burnt the ball too much early. May be harsh on Jericho but was lucky in my view. Didn't chase and got the ball when they turned it over, fell in his lap or had the sit. Good game for him with five goals but in the long term I am way from being convinced.

Team Man

3 R douglas - great first half

2 N Bassett - kept going thouhg had a shocker but kept going

1 Tippett - presented all day and works very hard

Rookie
2 vince
1 Tippett

Were you watching the same game as everyone else?????????
If it wasn't for these two early it would have been all over early!!!!!!

POTY
5. Thommo
Got my cheque book out for some brownlow betting, although his odds would hav just shortened quite a bit. He was match winning today, in way we haven't had a player do since vintage Roo. Simply awesome, he owned it today.

4. Vince
Was great all day, more than great. Thommo being up forward more meant he covered his loss in the centre for us.

3. Edwards
Toiled all day, consistent all day, exactly what we have come to epxect.

2. Jericho
Great game. Covered for Burton in terms of goals and kept presenting, popped up when needed.

1. Maric
He has def been worth the wait.

BTM
3. Macca
2. Doughty
1. Tippett

ROTY
2. Vince
1. Maric

Are you serious????

What did he shout the bar after the game???

Rd 11 v Richmond

POTY

5: Thompson
4: Vince
3: Edwards
2: Porps
1: Shirley

BTM

3: Shirley
2: Bassett
1: Rutten

ROTY