WA/Daylight Saving: To Join The 21st Century Or To Not, Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like eagle87 has been saying, clearly it's only those of higher intelligence who can consider the issues rationally who voted Yes.

And they lost out and were always going to lose out, so much for higher intelligence!

Garbage. The papers and other media were full of people whining about pissant excuses such break noise, traffic jams, roadworks and other such rubbish.

Much like there was with the Joondalup line, the stadium, the foreshore development plan, changes to Liquor licensing laws, extended trading....anyone else noticing a theme?

That's because all of those things only benefit a minority of people. Which is pretty much like every government decision. So when you have something that only 30 or 40% (or less) of people will use, the rest of the population, even though they shouldn't care, are automatically against it. It's the WA mentality.

I had a chat today with a girl at work about how the airport is a joke and how it needs improvement. She said she never travels, and that she'd be opposed to any money spent on it. I asked why she'd care, and her reply was that it's money that could be spent on her. FFS.....:rolleyes:

That's the average West Australian folks, and why very very few major projects get off the ground, and those that do require a lot of guts from pollies to get it finished. Unfortunately, guts is not a characteristic our pollies tend to have.

I'm just grateful that the majority of west australians showed some common sence and voted NO to daylight savings. one thing i did notice through out the YES campaign was how the YES voters kept bullying the NO voters into voting YES. A typical example of that was Howard Sattler from 6pr. The way he bullied his callers that was voting NO was pathetic and the man should be ashamed of himself.

I'm just grateful that the majority of west australians showed some common sence and voted NO to daylight savings. one thing i did notice through out the YES campaign was how the YES voters kept bullying the NO voters into voting YES. A typical example of that was Howard Sattler from 6pr. The way he bullied his callers that was voting NO was pathetic and the man should be ashamed of himself.

Got to love that exasperated sigh when someone has a different viewpoint.

It wouldn't surprise me if the people who didn't care voted no, not to be anti, but to annoy these idiots who have been in our faces.

I had a theory that many people said they were voting yes due to the out and out bullying and that need to conform and not be seen as an "idiot", but once they were in the privacy of the ballot box it was a different story.

On Facebook where there's 13000 yes voters, people are saying stuff like "but everyone I know said the were voting yes, it must be rigged". Um, no it wasn't.

I had a theory that many people said they were voting yes due to the out and out bullying and that need to conform and not be seen as an "idiot", but once they were in the privacy of the ballot box it was a different story.
The only bullying I had was from other environmentalists annoyed I wasn't voting no.

45% of the population are scared of night?

So while they're at the beach until 8pm how are their kids getting their homework done? Poor parenting.

lol. some would say poor parenting to put rubbish homework ahead of quality family time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wouldn't know the meaning of the word ASHAMED. Just a self righteous talking head and for an ex military man you'd expect better.

headshot-entry.jpg

He's a sad man, who turns the notion that no voters are the bitter twisted wowser.

We may have lost the referendum, but we were moral victors. :thumbsu:

The no campaign was infiltrated by muslim terrorist flag burning arts students, if Sattler is onto it.

Hmmmm... why didn't I vote no...

No but the posters on a Western Australian developement site seem to form that opinion.

SA & WA are one in the same.

Except you export billions of dollars worth of minerals :p

That's pretty much spot on. The only difference is that WA has more money, so more tends to get done. But the attitude of the people is pretty much the same. Always looking for an excuse not to do things.

The people of Fremantle have also made it crystal clear that the Greens are their favoured party. Given Greens policy is frighteningly backward in MOST areas of economics and would lead to Australia falling backwards at a great rate, what does this say about the good folk of Fremantle?

I don't know, but they voted "YES" on the DLS referendum in Fremantle...

I actually know a couple of farmers who voted Yes....

I'm just happy there's another reason for Mantis never to ever come back to WA.

I'm surprised she hasn't commented in here since the result.

Remove this Banner Ad

WA/Daylight Saving: To Join The 21st Century Or To Not, Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back