WAFL 2010 Dockers Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Nat Fyfe any chance?

Boy looks like he played some game Fyfe finishes with 15 possies, 12MARKS, 4 goals, 2 behinds.

Unlikely I'd say, but certainly keeps the pressure on.

If we lose round one and a few of the usual suspects struggle while Fyfe and Walters play well in the WAFL it will be interesting to see what Harvey and Co decide to do.

Good to hear Fyfe having a good day out. Really like like the look of the kid, even through the couple of glimpses we saw in the NAB cup games. Hopefully he can crack the team throughout the season some time and keep up the good form in the WAFL.

bollenhagen didn't look to bad today, his goal came after he ran an EF player down as they tried to clear the ball.

Dodd has got to be almost finished, he looked sloppy.

jeez....Fyfe! stats read pretty damn good.he must have been close to BOG!

Im a massive Fyfe fan but he was far from the best out there.

Started well on Harley Bennell out marked him several times early.

But when Harley ran off there was no chase at all, which is disappointing as he can do better.

Claremont was so dominate and there service to the fowards was so good, Wilkes kicked 5 believe it or not.

Fyfe got alot of it on the rebound from peel turnovers, was by himself cause he didn't chase and got hit on the chest.

The good thing is when he leads and jumps to take a mark, he is unstoppable.

He just needs to chase alot more as Harley was probaly Peels best player,
otherwise he will get a Mckinley type rep.

He has very good endurance, so its not like he cant.

Someone asked his height ?

Fyfe is 186cm's.

Like a couple of others here I saw the 2nd half of the P v EF ressies game and then watched the league game.

Houghton has a lot of developing to do before he's anywhere near AFL level. Doesn't look very strong in the air even at ressies level yet. He is quite impressively agile for a big guy when the ball hits the deck though - did a few things today that reminded me of that casual ease that JLo used to play with.

Bolly impressed me - if he isn't quick then there weren't many quick players on the field today. He has a very languid jogging action that reminds me of Brennan from Brisbane, but when he puts on the afterburners he looks seriously quick. His goal came from mowing down a Shark for a HTB decision.

There was one passage of play from him that I liked - he mucked up by miskicking a chip backwards but then charged in to try make amends and collided with a Shark at a million miles an hour. He didn't really shift him much but he managed hold on and it made an impressive smack that echoed up into the stands. So he's got a bit of toughness in him for an outside player, but I think we're going to have to develop him right if we want to see it more often.

Didn't notice Buca at all even though I kept looking for his number - but I did keep getting distracted by the disproportionate number of hotties walking around for such a small crowd.

Like a couple of others here I saw the 2nd half of the P v EF ressies game and then watched the league game.

Houghton has a lot of developing to do before he's anywhere near AFL level. Doesn't look very strong in the air even at ressies level yet. He is quite impressively agile for a big guy when the ball hits the deck though - did a few things today that reminded me of that casual ease that JLo used to play with.

Oh crikey esti, wait for the Dockers members to get on and call him a spud and to be delisted then! Sorry, sarcasm aimed at Eagles crowd! I like the kid though and he can look super slo mo at times. He's a bit like a lot of young players I reckon, they need to take their angry pills to get the best out of them.

Walters has the potential to be anything. There's work to do for sure, but we have a very talented foundation to work from. Plus, he might not have a super high straightline speed, but his agility is elite, I swear.

Too small too slow to be a good Afl Player. Lovely kick but at AFL level will have problems getting hands on ball. Not sure he will make it at next level but time will tell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No kidding. I could barely concentrate on the game.

Ben Buca didn't play so that could be the reason why you didn't see him.

And Bollenhagen looked good when he had it. Seemed to be in the right position all the time just couldn't get his team mates to get him the ball. I think late in the last quarter i could hear some of the crowd yelling "give it to Justin"
Did alright for first game

Like a few others of us I was very impressed with Walters yesterday. I thought his work rate and attack on the ball were excellent. He also went a long way towards allaying my fears about his pace.:thumbsu: Looked a class player out there.
Van Berlo was a bit disappointing as I regard him as a probable best 22 player in the near future. He didn'nt have to do much though.
The game also showed why Wolfenden is not on any AFL list.

I still think we should of taken Cam Kickett as a rookie. Whilst Houghton is okay, Cam is a better mark and can also play ruck if needed. We desperately need backup ruckman.

I understand he has issues with his attitude etc, but worth a shot. Will be interesting to see how he goes this year in the WAFL. Playing alongside Houghton at Perth. Certainly had more impact than Houghton with 10 possies, 5 tackles and 21 hitouts.

I also noticed a C Collard on the team lists for Peel. Is that the infamous C Collard who we picked up around pick 30 and let go after a year without him ever gracing the field?

Casey struggled. 4 kicks, 3 marks, 4 free's against. One behind.

This year is make or break time for Casey. Got to get a bit of fire in the belly and show something.

Not great news there, thanks for the update Chinggis. Sounds like he is quite a way behind our other forwards including new recruits!

Come on Casey! You can do it!!!:thumbsu:

I still think we should of taken Cam Kickett as a rookie. Whilst Houghton is okay, Cam is a better mark and can also play ruck if needed. We desperately need backup ruckman.

I understand he has issues with his attitude etc, but worth a shot. Will be interesting to see how he goes this year in the WAFL. Playing alongside Houghton at Perth. Certainly had more impact than Houghton with 10 possies, 5 tackles and 21 hitouts.

I mentioned earlier in the thread I liked the look of Kickett, more as a Ruck than a forward. How tall is he? Has a nice leap.
I think we are taking a LOT more notice of attitude in our recruiting these days in a bid to avoid the Collard types.
Bit early to tell on Houghton, has some nice skills.

Ben Buca didn't play so that could be the reason why you didn't see him.

And Bollenhagen looked good when he had it. Seemed to be in the right position all the time just couldn't get his team mates to get him the ball. I think late in the last quarter i could hear some of the crowd yelling "give it to Justin"
Did alright for first game

Agree with this... My first look at him.. had some real pace and looks a million bucks when he has the ball. Should have been given it at least half a dozen more times running into the forwardline than he did, but i reckon at AFL level he would have got it.

Was a mixed bag for me overall tho.. got crunched in the goal square, then a great second effort to get up and tacke the defender running it out, kciking the goal from the resulting free-kick. At times he seemed to want to spear the pass more than was needed, resulting in half volleys, but he also looked good on his right at full speed, which is not often the case with some left footers :thumbsu:

Could have won Perth the game, had a shot on the run from about 40 out.. but just lacked the compusure to take a step or two to slow down before the kick and shanked it a bit.. might be a bit harsh. His fitness needs alot of work tho.

Also.. Dodd is not an AFL footballer.. almost looked out of his depth.

Cameron Kickett had a lot of things going against him prior to the draft at the end of last season. I wouldn't have minded having him as a rookie because he has potential, but we already had Shepheard and Sibosado as rookies.

You say we need a backup ruckman....at the state screening last season Kickett was measured at 187cm. That combined with the fact he had the highest skinfolds, and it's no surprise he wasn't drafted. While he might be able to ruck at Colts/Reserves based on his leap, I would be surprised if he could do it in the WAFL Seniors let alone the AFL.

If he wants to get drafted, he really needs to work on his fitness. But more so, he needs to be developed into a genuine forward. Having someone like him who could ruck if absolutely needed is always good. But unless he has had a huge growth spurt, he will never be a genuine ruckman.

A forward line of Houghton, Fyfe, Sibosado and Kickett would definitely be an exciting one. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL 2010 Dockers Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back