WAFL 2010 Dockers Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesse Crichton for me is the player of the round. 23 possessions and 2 goals in a terrible team. Best player for Peel, most possessions and kicked goals as well.

Could be a player once he puts on a bit of bulk and gains some strength.

Did Mr Lovett turn in a spectacular performance to remind his former team-mates of what might have been while they were in town? Did Old Mr L (the coach) get along to watch young Mr L (his former top trade)?? Did anyone else get any coverage in the WAFL this weekend??

We are in desperate need of a tight small defender with some rebounding capability. Roger is no longer up to it and JVB is more a run-with type defender. Could Hinkley be the man?
At the moment we are not getting much run out of defence. Broughton is being greatly missed and Duffield is being shut down to a degree.

We are in desperate need of a tight small defender with some rebounding capability. Roger is no longer up to it and JVB is more a run-with type defender. Could Hinkley be the man?
At the moment we are not getting much run out of defence. Broughton is being greatly missed and Duffield is being shut down to a degree.

Pearce is that man and surely he deserves an extended run.

Yes! Maybe Clancee could be the man. I'm still a bit undecided whether or not he's a crab. Hasn't seemed to have had a defined role in the games he's played so far. Perhaps he could blossom as a small defender.

Yes! Maybe Clancee could be the man. I'm still a bit undecided whether or not he's a crab. Hasn't seemed to have had a defined role in the games he's played so far. Perhaps he could blossom as a small defender.

I've always seen him as Hayden's long term replacement.

Hasn't had an extended run in the 1s for a while and has been more a Mr. fixit for when Hayden's man when he has played.

Is too good for WAFL level, so needs to be given a more important defined role in our first 22 IMO.

Still has questions over his pace, but I think he has done well as purely a negater when he has played this year.

Should be played on Yarran the whole game IMO.

It'd have to be Clancee or Roberton. I thought young Dylan combined tight defence with hard running to attack really well in his couple of games for the firsts. He'd be handy to have running around again but it's very possible that his best place is seen as the WAFL by the coaches.

Those words and Hinkley should never, ever be used in the same sentence. Don't care what his stats were yesterday, apart from that running goal, he was woeful. Won't commit to a contest, wouldn't chase and tackle. At one point in the third Luke Pratt chased a Subi player all the way from the back pocket to the centreline and eventually forced a ball up. I was yelling at Hinkley that that was what chasing was all about.
Was playing a good 20m off his man all the time and doesn't have the creative flair to be attacking. He should have, but he doesn't.

Bring Pearce in, lack of pace or not, he's going to be accountable and deliver the ball well out of the backline and throw himself into the contest, isn't afraid of the physical contest and reads the play well. Made 1 howler yesterday, tries to kick the ball too low and hard most of the time, but he'll learn quickly.

Walters was Walters again yesterday. Attacks the ball hard but you'd like him to get more of it. He does damage with every kick he has though and forwards love his delivery.

What about Bucovaz?

He seems more creative and better being left to rebound. I'd like to see him through the middle, has good size, skills and aggression at the contest. Let's see him not have to worry about shutting down an opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always love reading your contributions swannies, thanks. Speaking of Luke Pratt, how has his season been so far? I was very disappointed to see him miss out on getting a senior contract at the end of last season but then didn't think he played overly well in the few chances I got to see him early this year, so realised that I might've been a bit too optimistic with him. Has he come good?

He seems more creative and better being left to rebound. I'd like to see him through the middle, has good size, skills and aggression at the contest. Let's see him not have to worry about shutting down an opponent.

Agree. Bucovaz seems a lively type. Good athleticism, great skills, booming kick. Strikes me as someone who could do really well if pushed up the ground onto the wing.

Coaches can have a tendency to pigeon hole players. Bucovaz was drafted as a forward as he played there for Geelong in the TAC Cup. Would like to see the Dockers ask Easts to try him in some different positions such as wing or half back.

At least the Freo coaches have swung other guys around with good results. Sibosado is one who has thrived since being sent back. Wouldn't mind seeing Shephard being tried a bit in the back half also as he played CHB in the U18's before being put down forward.

Just on Hall. Has anyone watched him at Easts? I watched a bit of him on ABC Iview a few weeks ago. He seems to be playing half forward a fair bit with Easts preferring Mcgough, Houlihan, Stevens and others through the middle. Maybe we should ask for Hall to be sent down to Peel. He has struggled to get into the game last few weeks. Needs to be given an extended time in the middle.

On Crichton. I thought it may not have been the best to put him at Peel, given how crap they are. However, he is emerging as one of their key midfielders so it gives him a good opportunity to play a leading role in the midfield. Given how crap they are, he is forced to get a lot of his own ball also. Good for his development IMO. Can't wait until he builds up a bit.

Always love reading your contributions swannies, thanks. Speaking of Luke Pratt, how has his season been so far? I was very disappointed to see him miss out on getting a senior contract at the end of last season but then didn't think he played overly well in the few chances I got to see him early this year, so realised that I might've been a bit too optimistic with him. Has he come good?

His form the past 4 weeks has been outstanding, but at a level I expect him to play each week. He's your lock down defender, I'd like him at the Eagles as we don't seem to have a really good back pocket at the moment. Before that though he was injured in the second week? and in and out with injury over the first 6-8 weeks.

Agree. Bucovaz seems a lively type. Good athleticism, great skills, booming kick. Strikes me as someone who could do really well if pushed up the ground onto the wing.

Nice short and sharp overview there, which I agree with. He's come along in leaps and bounds this year and I personally can't wait until his debit (which shouldn't be too far away now).

Great to finally see another KPP doing well - Joel Houghton 2 games, 6 goals in a crappola side....keep up the good work Joel :thumbsu:

Just news on Bollenhagen. I was standing next to Jarman's box to hear what was going on but could have been half a click off thats how loud Jarman screams. He was playing well in the first quarter, pushed up the ground and looked lively with a few tackles. Looked like a fremantle half forward. Then Jars made the call for him to go to the goal square for the later part of quarter one. Was on the wing in the second quarter for about 15 minutes but then came off. (he looked creative on the wing, had it of been a better side he was playing for his efforts would have resulted in goals). 3rd quarter he was moved around and brought off again then sent deep in the last.
Why Jarman would move him after such a good start to the game is beyond me. And i heard from someone involved with freo that he has a tear in his left elbow from the game against peel thunder so is doing well to play through.
Sibosado had a sore groin so had little impact in the game. Joel Houghton battled all day with bad ball entry and extra numbers when they were kicking with the wind. Thought the freo boys did well for what wasn't that good of a game.

I've always seen him as Hayden's long term replacement.

Hasn't had an extended run in the 1s for a while and has been more a Mr. fixit for when Hayden's man when he has played.

Is too good for WAFL level, so needs to be given a more important defined role in our first 22 IMO.

Still has questions over his pace, but I think he has done well as purely a negater when he has played this year.

Should be played on Yarran the whole game IMO.

I agree Chops, although I have not seen him in the flesh I have seen bits and bobs of him as well as my Brother giving me the good oil when he goes to Wafl games.

I think Roger is really battling at the moment and although I am not saying to drop him perhaps he could be an option up forward if Mayne and de Boer dont get up again this week and in which case bring Clancee in and play him down back.

His form the past 4 weeks has been outstanding, but at a level I expect him to play each week. He's your lock down defender, I'd like him at the Eagles as we don't seem to have a really good back pocket at the moment. Before that though he was injured in the second week? and in and out with injury over the first 6-8 weeks.

Thanks very much mate. I reckon we could really use a guy like Pratt on the list right now, like you say, a good lock down small defender. They seem to be pretty hard to come by these days. Good to hear that he's in form, I hope he does well.

Johnno plays his first WAFL game this weekend after his club ban. Anyone going to the match to let us know how he fares?

At the media conference yesterday, in response to a question or two about Johnno, Harvey said he "won't play WAFL this weekend".

Have you heard something different today perhaps?

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL 2010 Dockers Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back