Competitions WAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to my first WAFL game in more years than I care to remember yesterday and watched the mighty Falcons stitch up the Sharks. Enjoyed it but don't know where the Falcons supporters are going to come from once all the pensioners who follow them die off.
While I was waiting out the front 10 minutes after the game waiting for the missus, Rob Wiley turns up, hurls his bags into his car and drives off.
Didn't take the loss well it seems, or some others in the club didn't.

Went to my first WAFL game in more years than I care to remember yesterday and watched the mighty Falcons stitch up the Sharks. Enjoyed it but don't know where the Falcons supporters are going to come from once all the pensioners who follow them die off.
While I was waiting out the front 10 minutes after the game waiting for the missus, Rob Wiley turns up, hurls his bags into his car and drives off.

Not surprising, the guppies are yet to win a game this season and its glorious :D

Not surprising, the guppies are yet to win a game this season and its glorious :D

181.gif

Like every club in a league outside of the AFL getting new supporters is going to be difficult, unfortunately young people have it drilled into them now that if it's not AFL it's all a waste of time which is sad.
The WAFL is a great comp and a very good standard of footy, more people need to go and see for themselves. Crowds make footy games, put 2000 people at the Eagles Bulldogs game this friday and see what it looks like. No atmosphere, looks crap on TV.
That is how the WAFL looks when in fact it is a very good product.

Like every club in a league outside of the AFL getting new supporters is going to be difficult, unfortunately young people have it drilled into them now that if it's not AFL it's all a waste of time which is sad.
The WAFL is a great comp and a very good standard of footy, more people need to go and see for themselves. Crowds make footy games, put 2000 people at the Eagles Bulldogs game this friday and see what it looks like. No atmosphere, looks crap on TV.
That is how the WAFL looks when in fact it is a very good product.
Even though I'm one of those kids you described I agree quality is pretty good. I went to an ammo game 2 years ago featuring a few former AFL players and I was amazed by the quality and atmosphere at the ground. I would assume the wafl would be a lot better than that.

Would like to see us throw Cole in the guts/wing and HFF. He has shown that he is a very good backmen but like Nelson last year i rekon he could do some damage in the middle and up forward. He seems to have some speed and also attacks the footy pretty hard and moves through congestion well.

Cole isn't really close to selection right now, is he?
Nope

At least two strong games away from being considered for selection

He has looked rusty in his two games so far as he tries to find his touch and the weekend bye won't have helped

Cole isn't really close to selection right now, is he?

I get the impression Simpson thinks he is close to best 22 when fit and thus may be brought in a little earlier than he deserves.

That being said I think like Keys said he probably needs to string multiple games at a decent level together to get picked. Had 9 tackles in his last game so while he was rusty with the ball in hand that's something.

What gives you that impression mate?

When we named our strongest side against Melbourne in JLT3 he made the squad (although he didn't make the team that played of course) which I remember thinking at the time indicated Coles ranking in the squad - i.e. immediate depth. Then I can't remember which interview it was a few weeks back, Simpson named Cole as a player coming back from injury who could be in the mix for selection in the coming weeks which he doesn't really seem to do with other young guys (he never mentioned Mutimer other than saying 'someone played well who's name escapes me right now', hasn't really talked about Partington, Watson etc).

So when I say close to best 22 I mean 22-27 in the squad but given he is young and somewhat promising he could be fast tracked.

When we named our strongest side against Melbourne in JLT3 he made the squad (although he didn't make the team that played of course) which I remember thinking at the time indicated Coles ranking in the squad - i.e. immediate depth. Then I can't remember which interview it was a few weeks back, Simpson named Cole as a player coming back from injury who could be in the mix for selection in the coming weeks which he doesn't really seem to do with other young guys (he never mentioned Mutimer other than saying 'someone played well who's name escapes me right now', hasn't really talked about Partington, Watson etc).

So when I say close to best 22 I mean 22-27 in the squad but given he is young and somewhat promising he could be fast tracked.

But I thought Coles always stayed down down down?

coles+big+red+hand.jpg

:sunglasses:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit shit for Francis to keep doing those ads even though Rick Parfitt died last year. Let his legacy rest in piece

Too early?. At least Rick's estate will be benefactors.
But yeh, too early, even though the ads been running in various forms for a while. Shame on you Francis. :huh:

Bit shit for Francis to keep doing those ads even though Rick Parfitt died last year. Let his legacy rest in piece
It's a bit shit the song is more associated to coles than the band, such that coles can now switch up performers at will.

image.png

Partington named so obviously over his hand injury

Venables named in the centre is encouraging

Snadden will be lucky to make the cut once the three Eagles emergencies are brought in - already 11 Eagles players named plus the 3 emergencies (Schofield, Jetta and Hutchings)

I'll be interested to see how that forward line functions without McInnes. I think it's a real chance for Lamb and Allen to do some damage because East Freo aren't exactly cutting it up and the Royals are on the improve.

I'll be interested to see how that forward line functions without McInnes. I think it's a real chance for Lamb and Allen to do some damage because East Freo aren't exactly cutting it up and the Royals are on the improve.

Giles is back which should help out their forward line structure somewhat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions WAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back