Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a sensitive area for some. With that in mind, I'm going to remind a few posters a few things:
  • personal attacks are against forum rules. From this point, any attacks that are directed at another poster will be treated with a warning, then infractions and threadbans if it continues.
  • the spread of misinformation is also against the rules. This is taken very seriously by moderation, and you will be asked to support your opinion from time to time. If you cannot satisfy this, you will be provided an opportunity to retract your post; if you do not, you will receive an infraction and a threadban on that basis.
This is a forum for adults, and I'd appreciate you all treating each other appropriately.

This seems to have come out of nowhere. Ukrainian forces are reported to have liberated the towns of Zadovy and Spivakivka about 10km west of Izyum.

The west side of Izyum is heavily wooded and a few weeks back the UAF crossed over the river successfully but the news has been quiet since.

There are no towns left between Spivavivka and Izyum so the UAF can move as close as they want and cause havoc with supply lines which would hamper the northern advance on the Donbas by the Russians.

BBC reporter in Lysychansk.

Seems very likely that Severodonetsk is going to be as captured.

However then what for Russian forces? Since they have blown up the bridges themselves they have no access to get to Lysychansk. And we know how competent their river crossing capabilities are. They will be stuck and wont proceed any further.

Just like when they got stuck on the wrong side of the river at Bucha near Kyiv and eventually were defeated.

You just have to worry about the local populace in Severodonetsk as they will go about committing war crimes again.

This is how much Putin and Russia care about their fake republics. The men are probably lying dead somewhere in a ditch.

And the part about complaining to Putin. Yeah, just go right ahead ladies, l’m sure he will give a sh!t about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Around Severodonetsk, yes the Russians are attempting to pincer from the Popasna region and will most likely succeed (eventually).

But the entire Donbas? Nowhere near it.

Not all of donbas. But if Severodonetsk falls and the RA continue to make ground to the west of it , looks like a potential significant encirclement in Luhansk oblast?

There is apparently fighting in Toshkivka, a part of Vrubivka & Lysychansk

Last edited:
Politically opposing a dictator such as Putin is never a good idea.

Navalny goes missing in Russian prison system
Here's a history of recent events re Navalnyy:

The article by 9 News is very clickbaity. Someone showed up after he was moved and was told that he's not there. That's all. I'm sure he'll get lost in the prison system, but he hasn't yet.

Families of Azovstal defenders held as POW urge international media to keep asking after their wherabouts, conditions and future, as reporting on their welfare begins to dry up:

The families of the defenders of Azovstal appealed to the international media with a call to visit the colony in Yelenovka in the occupied territory in order to find out about the conditions of stay and the condition of the defenders of Mariupol. Many of the relatives were not able to communicate with the fighters after the Ukrainian military left Azovstal.

This bloke's reaction when listening to insane Russian nutters trying to tell him RF fairy tales as though they are truth :D ... But they also believe in astrology, tarot-reading and religion over there so admittedly they're not the most switched on! He manages somewhow to keep a straigt face until about the 25 second mark.

Yes, how much can you talk about it? Seriously? “They ate a baby and drank a cocktail from the blood of a Russian soldier” - after 8 years, the Russians are back to their old ways! (From [this link])

View attachment cocktails_do_blya.mp4

This bloke's reaction when listening to insane Russian nutters trying to tell him RF fairy tales as though they are truth :D ... But they also believe in astrology, tarot-reading and religion over there so admittedly they're not the most switched on! He manages somewhow to keep a straigt face until about the 25 second mark.

Yes, how much can you talk about it? Seriously? “They ate a baby and drank a cocktail from the blood of a Russian soldier” - after 8 years, the Russians are back to their old ways! (From [this link])

View attachment 1424715
He has more patience than I would have.
I just do not have much tolerance at all for dumb farkkkers.
If they speak shit in opening few sentences I just do not bother with rest.
Like the nufties like Yebiga, if you completely dumb, I just not waste time on.

But I understand if he actually wants to know how real Russians think, maybe you have to put yourself through hearing them out to see how screwed up their thinking is, or lack of real thinking...

Politically opposing a dictator such as Putin is never a good idea.
What option is there , if you were to live there and want to oppose him?
It is one screwed up nation where anyone that opposes dies or in prison.
I not sure of the guy himself. He's probably half as bad as Putin but guess it would have been progress if he was allowed to truly oppose in a real election process. Not sure whenever that will happen in coming decades there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back