Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a sensitive area for some. With that in mind, I'm going to remind a few posters a few things:
  • personal attacks are against forum rules. From this point, any attacks that are directed at another poster will be treated with a warning, then infractions and threadbans if it continues.
  • the spread of misinformation is also against the rules. This is taken very seriously by moderation, and you will be asked to support your opinion from time to time. If you cannot satisfy this, you will be provided an opportunity to retract your post; if you do not, you will receive an infraction and a threadban on that basis.
This is a forum for adults, and I'd appreciate you all treating each other appropriately.

A Belarus invasion of Ukraine would be not help for Russia anyway

Would be like Romania in WW1. They might gain some yards in the first week or so, but after that, it is just another front which Russia has to defend, and they are already struggling to defend the the current front line as it is.

In WW1, Romania was defeated in a year or so, leaving a whole Russian Army in stuck in the south in another country and another option for the Central Powers to attack from.

Suspect Ukraine have that border approach ranged in. Would be a bloodbath

What is the tactic here.
Will NATO (Poland) or in cooperation with the US, attack Belarus if they attack Ukraine?
Do they expect Russia not to retaliate against an ally being attacked?
If Belarus has to keep forces on the Polish border because of the Polish presence then they can't put forces on the Ukraine border to force the Ukraine to shift forces in case Belarus joins in.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The original invasion in Feb towards Kyiv came from Belarussian territory too. The post office infamous for cctv footage of Russian soldiers mailing appliances back to their convenient ones was in Mazyr.

Putin will not be happy

Should be more important that people be unhappy with him.
Need more people in Russia that think for themself and actually do something to move towards making sure he no longer in charge.
The pathetic apathy of Russians just has to stop or being cannon fodder is their destiny.

I have a general question. From my understanding the Russians are hauling off looted washing machines for their microchips.

What I don't understand if this is the case then why are they hauling a whole washing machine back to Russia when it would be easier to just remove chip board or circuit board which would a lot easier to move around. ( you only need a backpack and not a whole truck).

I have a general question. From my understanding the Russians are hauling off looted washing machines for their microchips.

What I don't understand if this is the case then why are they hauling a whole washing machine back to Russia when it would be easier to just remove chip board or circuit board which would a lot easier to move around. ( you only need a backpack and not a whole truck).
Good point. Liable to be a small single circuit board under the dash, so easy to take the smarts out and send onwards. Perhaps they have an unnatural love of washing machines. Maybe real Russians, doing traditional pillaging, like large objects.

I was wondering the same question myself. So much easier to handle circuit boards. I came up with the conclusion its all bullshit. Soldiers definitely want to pillage washing machines for themselves and toilet bowls/cisterns (which have no chips) cos they come from third world areas.

I was wondering the same question myself. So much easier to handle circuit boards. I came up with the conclusion its all bullshit. Soldiers definitely want to pillage washing machines for themselves and toilet bowls/cisterns (which have no chips) cos they come from third world areas.
Perhaps the key is that it forces them to return to base (ie not fight) more quickly.

Should be more important that people be unhappy with him.
Need more people in Russia that think for themself and actually do something to move towards making sure he no longer in charge.
The pathetic apathy of Russians just has to stop or being cannon fodder is their destiny.

First l have ever heard any soldier say about Putin that they might not need him anymore.

This is the reason why the army is scared to give guns to conscripts…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is one brave Russian journalist and his lawyer girlfriend in that video I just watched.
They are the first Russians I heard from in some time that have the type of bravery needed there.

Video of the Russian SU-34 jet that was taken out by a patriotic residential building in Yeysk last week.

I can’t be arsed picking up anything that doesn’t fit in the boot from the good guys and get my stuff delivered. These guys are seriously going to transport and carry a washing machine a 1,000km. It all seems like bs.

A couple of plausible explanations …

- The washing machines that they’re after might be some popular Russian brand where the company has been repurposed for military activities, like making drones or some other kind of military hardware. So the company probably had stockpiles of the bits and pieces to make washing machines, so it makes sense where possible to design military things using the same bits and pieces. It might include microchips, but it might also include motors, and pulleys and bearings and some of the other things in washing machines. This practice is entirely normal in times of war. Scavenging washing machines gives them more of those bits and pieces. Especially as Russia doesn’t update their models of consumer goods anywhere near as frequently as we do in the west

- It’s a popular non-Russian brand, and some smart engineer has figured out that it makes a good platform to be repurposed for military hardware (in the way thst people figured out that VW beetles were a good platform for beech buggies, or Moder T’s made good hot rods). People used to be a lot more resourceful than they are today - in the West. Russians have always had to be.

- If it is some kind of corruption under the guise of a military requirement it wouldn’t be the first time.

- Ukraine / the west is not above it’s own propaganda. IMO these are all very plausible explanations above, but so is the possibility that it is BS.

Last edited:
Video of the Russian SU-34 jet that was taken out by a patriotic residential building in Yeysk last week.

They couldn’t have lined up that building better if they were aiming for it.

Some more disgruntled conscripts complaining about being thrown directly into the meat grinder.

I find it cute that the soldiers think that appealing direct to Putin will help them. He doesn't care about you soldier, he knows you are being sent to the front lines, it what he wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back