Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

DiD YoU kNoW hE’s WoN 6o% oF HiS gAmEs?!!!!

They didn't even do that or justify why they would be sympathising with the coach over fans. The closest they came was in acknowledging how hard it would be to be a coach.

They would never apply the same kind of thinking to any of their own sides.

It's Ken and CD.

The only person really pushing the "Save Hinkley" agenda is Caro. Even Kane has more or less resigned himself to the fact that Ken is going to be gone soon. You could Whateley in there too but he's just a sycophant who has sheer disdain for the supporter base as opposed to targeting any one individual like Caro has with Warren.

Ken knows that without Warren in the picture, he's probably safe because the rest of the Board don't have the guts to make a call on him. So he gets his Pitbull out to make one last attack to see if they can get him out of the Club. Warren will stick fat. The Club have backed his comments so there really isn't any more to this story.

Caro is getting desperate. Kane couldn't even get a word in on classified last night when she was attacking Tredrea.
Kane still seemed to be dripping petrol on whatever fire Caro was trying to light.

Love how Cornes sinks the boot into Beveridge all the time, bloke won a granny but is softly softly with Hinks
Time for some of these blokes to sniff the wind. Don’t want to be on the wrong side of a coup or popular public opinion Kane

Be keen to know what Cardone thinks considering Eddie's comments the other day re 'Member own the club'. Eddie would see this for what it is I reckon, he'd see a coach for 12 years hasn't achieved a GF appearance.

Whilst I'm not sure where Cardone sits on Hinkley, but I knows he's big on ensuring everyone who leaves the Club, does so with dignity. Take that at face value, for what you will.

Did Warren call Caro or hag or something? What a personal vendetta. She's coming across as unhinged.

I don’t remember Caro being this personal with someone ever. I think they’ve had a very nasty phone call behind the scenes hence why Caro is being so unhinged.

Last edited:
Whilst I'm not sure where Cardone sits on Hinkley, but I knows he's big on ensuring everyone who leaves the Club, does so with dignity. Take that at face value, for what you will.

He needs to prepare himself when the party we are parting with does not want to play along. In that respect, the Club can only give the individual the opportunity. It is then up to the person to choose whether they take it.

He needs to prepare himself when the party we are parting with does not want to play along. In that respect, the Club can only give the individual the opportunity. It is then up to the person to choose whether they take it.

I completely agree. The Club is the one with leverage - not saying they need to use it, but it's there if necessary.

I think at the end of the day, results are going to make the end game decision blatantly obvious.

The opportunity for Hinkley to depart with grace and dignity was years ago. If there's a lack of dignity in the air, that is first and foremost the fault of the board for extending Hinkley's contract on multiple occasions past the point where it could reasonably be justified.

I mean, I could be wrong, but I think we are past the point of anyone leaving with dignity. Too much blood has been shed at this point for anyone to leave with dignity.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The opportunity for Hinkley to depart with grace and dignity was years ago. If there's a lack of dignity in the air, that is first and foremost the fault of the board for extending Hinkley's contract on multiple occasions past the point where it could reasonably be justified.
The exaggerated wipe of crocodile tears with the back of his hand whilst walking off the ground was indicative of how much dignity Hinkley has. Zero.

I mean, I could be wrong, but I think we are past the point of leaving with dignity. Too much blood has been shed at this point for anyone to leave with dignity.

The supporters won't be shedding any tears when he leaves, but the general narrative in the national media about Port is that Ken for the most part has done a pretty good job. And given that the national media gives exposure for the club's major sponsors, I can understand why the Club wants to keep them on side.

It's why they will wait until the writing is on the wall from every angle. And that may very well be as soon as Saturday night with a bad, bad loss.

The supporters won't be shedding any tears when he leaves, but the general narrative in the national media about Port is that Ken for the most part has done a pretty good job. And given that the national media gives exposure for the club's major sponsors, I can understand why the Club wants to keep them on side.

It's why they will wait until the writing is on the wall from every angle. And that may very well be as soon as Saturday night with a bad, bad loss.
How can they actually do that and save face? They are in a predicament of their own making and hoping either Hinkley stands down (“I’m a fighter”) or results are comprehensively bad that it would look ridiculous keeping him on for another week.

Correct and I for one like many will be to glad to see the back of Ken.

How can they actually do that and save face? They are in a predicament of their own making and hoping either Hinkley stands down (“I’m a fighter”) or results are comprehensively bad that it would look ridiculous keeping him on for another week.

Pretty much every team when they sack their coach is in a temporary state of on field disarray. Port are going to be no different the point they choose to move on from Hinkley in a formal capacity.

I am near certain they will label it as a mutual parting when the time comes.

Pretty much every team when they sack their coach is in a temporary state of on field disarray. Port are going to be no different the point they choose to move on from Hinkley in a formal capacity.

I am near certain they will label it as a mutual parting when the time comes.
Then it kind of feels like it’s going to drag out. He’s a bit of a groomer when it comes to the players. “My boys” etc. I wouldn’t have a clue how each player feels about him but there were plenty of hugs after the game. Unless they’re great actors, I think they’re collectively still in his corner. I can’t see any mutual parting of ways until at least we are completely out of the race for the eight no matter how we perform in the coming weeks.

He has done a "pretty good job". Just not good enough.

Could you imagine Eddie McGuire putting up with a 12 year failed coach?
Bucks was only marginally better over his decade long tenure. McGuire had so much man love for Bucks it blinded him just like Koch's stability mantra blinds him.

And getting rid of both of them and a lot of no hopers saw Collingwood improve out of sight.

Koch doesn't love Ken, he loves his own image and doesn't want to tarnish that if the media gets tough on him.

Remember him blasting the players in the change room and repeating it to the crowd in the Magarey Room post match function after the 2017 EF loss? I actually was very happy that Koch teed off and was as angry as I was. Probably didn't use the right words to the players but at least he was pissed off with the failure.

But then he capitulated as from Sunday morning the Vic footy media mafia, the SA footy media mafia and the Ken supporters, came out publicly and bagged him and it tarnished his image of being a nice dorky dad to his sunrise viewers. Can't be seen to be a ruthless white collar finance type to them.

It is why I draw a line on the calendar at 11.59pm Saturday 9th September 2017 when evaluating them all - coaches, players, board and admin.

I mark them all pre that 11.59pm cut off and post that, and the gap between their marks, is wider than the Grand Canyon.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back