Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Geelong copped a bit during the 2010's, for wanting to see the back of Scott after his run of finals losses.

And the reality is, Scott probably did underperform for the positions he got his team into across 2012 to 2020, and deserved the scrutiny. Especially with the natural advantages Geelong has.
I was surprised he lasted that long

They will say that regardless. I can’t think of a supporter base other than ours that gets whacked continuously for wanting success or our history recognised
Because they are petrified of what the BIG club from South Australia is capable of… we are Russia to them

I could handle the comments if there was some reference to 12 years, haven't won a knock out final in 10 years, poor showdow record or even inability to play at their best in pressure situations.

I suppose jokes on us for getting sucked in and hitting the links.

Only take away should be "Be like Warren and not care what they think"
Oh, I dont

We can't wait and hope, we need to demand our club back so we can ensure that it happens.

"What better way for those who wish to hold tight to power at Port to fight back than to slander both the members and their elected members via their media allies. And if this is not the case why has no one at the club defended its own members and board members? A precursor perhaps for an argument not to return the club to the members when the chance arises?"
That article is so spot on, congrats to its authors. My understanding is there are 2 member elect board positions & the club has chosen to only fill one. This ensured a stand off between Tredders & Abba which the club incorrectly expected to win. This is outrageous if true.

At this year's AGM a member queried why the Crows membership were getting control back in 2028 but Port weren't. This was also brought up at the previous year's AGM I attended. Koch said he knew nothing about the Crows situation & said they would follow it up. The same response was given at the previous AGM. It's all just a snowjob. To quote Koch at this year's AGM - I appoint the board members, the Afl agree to my recommendations.

If I was attending supporter I’d no longer sing NTUA until they’re gone
I sing it TO them.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
No, seeing the crowd seeing gives them a circle jerk they have us united still. Seeing people sit on the arse with scarf around neck sends the message you’re stuffed
I disagree.

I think that just allows them to go with their "not a real supporter" narrative.

Singing loud and proud for the club amd telling the incumbents to get ****ed is more my style.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
They will say that regardless. I can’t think of a supporter base other than ours that gets whacked continuously for wanting success or our history recognised

It’s simple. Just go like this:

“… They can never (EVER!) tear us apart!

[siren]

— BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

That article is so spot on, congrats to its authors. My understanding is there are 2 member elect board positions & the club has chosen to only fill one. This ensured a stand off between Tredders & Abba which the club incorrectly expected to win. This is outrageous if true.

At this year's AGM a member queried why the Crows membership were getting control back in 2028 but Port weren't. This was also brought up at the previous year's AGM I attended. Koch said he knew nothing about the Crows situation & said they would follow it up. The same response was given at the previous AGM. It's all just a snowjob. To quote Koch at this year's AGM - I appoint the board members, the Afl agree to my recommendations.

Both member elected positions are filled. Tredrea and Snowdon.

It’s simple. Just go like this:

“… They can never (EVER!) tear us apart!

[siren]

— BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Yep. It gives the right message: support for the club and the jumper, no support for the administration.

As I said before, I liken our current situation with supporters of Rayo Vallacano, who have been supporting their club in spite of its administration for years. We can only aspire to the level of activism of Rayo's ultras (though, reading this piece, our administration is not quite that bad)

Snowdon endorsed the football committee's recommendation to extend Hinkley last year. He is well and truly the enemy.
so strange that a football savvy guy would vote for him, id love to know what points were put up to endorse hinkley to continue.

Maybe they just all nod their heads, cause you would think with any debate some of his shite records would have been brought up and you just couldn't endorse it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so strange that a football savvy guy would vote for him, id love to know what points were put up to endorse hinkley to continue.

Maybe they just all nod their heads, cause you would think with any debate some of his shite records would have been brought up and you just couldn't endorse it.
It's a damn good question and near indefensible in my view.

To be the only dissenting voice requires courage. Sometimes, we don’t have it. It’s a mistake.

Now, was it a slip? That’s the question.

Any half competent chairman would be aware of any potential changes to a major rivals constitution particularly in a 2 horse town like Adelaide, and the only reason koch could have for playing dumb on the matter is he would be very aware his popularity period has been in the rear view mirror for years, and he would be dumped by a member run club quicker than it takes someone with even the slightest sense of smell to get a bag of their kid's used diapers out of the house and into the rubbish bin on a hot day.

As you suggest he is a liar and `it's all just a snowjob!'

If I was attending supporter I’d no longer sing NTUA until they’re gone
what you dont realise is that you were a lemming in the beginning to sing it. Anyone who thinks singing a inxs song prior to the match isnt happy clapper 101 dont realise they have been sucked in already. The reality is its a distraction that comforts you so when ever you go to the footy you get to go to the sing along that used to be reserved for only when you won, now you get it ever week and you are happy being part of that culture. I mean what person with any dignity goes to a footy game to share in a mass karaoke love fest.

I wouldn't be 100% certain Tredrea is the only one with misgivings. We honestly don't know. They like to project an image of solidarity but I doubt it's totally clear cut as Tredrea vs Board.

I wouldn't be 100% certain Tredrea is the only one with misgivings. We honestly don't know. They like to project an image of solidarity but I doubt it's totally clear cut as Tredrea vs Board.

I doubt Ken has many/any supporters left on the board. Even Cucksissy might be starting to waver. It's only the people who are in paid positions who will potentially be linked to Hinkley's success or failure that support him, headed up by CD.

The stupid decision to extend stinkley last year, whilst it had "full board approval" was a result of the stupid "ask me in August" call, and I suspect (albeit with no evidence) snowden or others might have made a different call if the timing was different, and right now, they'd surely be rethinking their position

Unless otherwise proven, I think Snowden has to be given the benefit of the doubt. For all we know he might be biding his time like Tredrea.
I mean do we really think it was everyone on board extending Ken when Cahill was on the board?

The stupid decision to extend stinkley last year, whilst it had "full board approval" was a result of the stupid "ask me in August" call, and I suspect (albeit with no evidence) snowden or others might have made a different call if the timing was different, and right now, they'd surely be rethinking their position

The board, bereft of football knowledge (sans Snowden) endorse whatever the football committee put in front of them. This is basically whatever CD presents up to the board, with Cucksissy gunning for greener pastures cupping the nuts wherever he can.

With Tredders on the board (and footy committee) now, this cloak and daggers act is not being allowed to continue and the desperate scramble to retain employment is well and truly happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back