Watts names St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Henry White said:
i think we should just settle for the midfielder and or first round pick. if we end up with 2 first round picks, i hope to see cleve hughes at the crows. travis varcoe as well.
We "settle" for nothing. We are not Fremantle.

This is clearly a setup by Fergus and his dad, they are dudding us out of a #14 draft pick who has turned out to be a good player and ready to play in 2006. They will have to put up or see Fergy in a blue jumper next year.

We do not "settle".

arrowman said:

This is clearly a setup by Fergus and his dad, they are dudding us out of a #14 draft pick who has turned out to be a good player and ready to play in 2006. They will have to put up or see Fergy in a blue jumper next year.

We do not "settle".

Bingo. Settling merely sets a bad precedent for all future trades.

Macca19 said:
Dont forget Fisher held down CHF at West Adelaide in the year they made the Grand Final. Hes not just a defender. Id say Sam Fisher + 2nd round pick wouldnt be too crap a deal. Maybe if the Saints were to trade up their 2nd round pick to a 23-25 range instead of 35 or whatever they have.

Do you think the Crows may take the Port/Stevens approach if they offer peanuts?

Who is Fungus' manager? Not Max Stevens is it?
Yes daddy's boy is managed by Max Stevens.

Macca19, Sam Fisher will be 24 next year. Thats not young in football terms. Secondly being a reasonable CHF for Westies doesn't transplate to AFL. He just doesn't have the scope to play CHF at AFL level. He would be Scott Stevens like CHF at AFL level. Frankly, you don't win anything with that play in key attacking position.

Why do we need to settle for an average mid-age footballer and an average draft pick. I am sorry but we get off second best here. I rather he walks than get bent over at the draft table.

GoSarge said:
In a p|ss weak draft, a second round pick is worth nothing more than speculation.

We shouldnt entertain the fact of receiving a 'package' for Watts. ONE quality player or ONE quality draft pick in return. NOTHING ELSE !

What's your source Stiffy ? I cant find the announcement anywhere.
Watch the news tonight and it will all be revealed. I think it will be on CH 7.

arrowman said:

We do not "settle".
Nail. Hammer. Head.

Stiffy_18 said:
Watts has said he either gets traded to St. Kilda or he walks. Why doesn't this announcement surprise me?
You know I have no love for the Crows, but this is an absolute ********ing ******** of a thing to do, and you have my heartfelt commisserations that you crossed paths with such a ******** of a human being.

Stiffy_18 said:
Nail. Hammer. Head.
And you know what else? (He says petulantly :p )

We have very little to lose. One player, a draft pick from 2 years ago. A good player, to be sure, but we have 39 others and 25 of them at least are minor premiership material. It will not destroy our club or gut our playing list if we get nothing for Watts. It will set us back a few months, maybe, in our 3-5 year plan. It will not damage our pride - in fact, our pride is best served by holding firm.

Watts, on the other hand, and his father, have an awful lot to lose.

I think we hold the upper hand, and the more I think about it, the more I'm prepared to let him walk if the price is not right.

Porthos said:
You know I have no love for the Crows, but this is an absolute ********ing ******** of a thing to do, and you have my heartfelt commisserations that you crossed paths with such a ******** of a human being.
Cheers Porthos.

But don't let Rucci see that post :p

Stiffy_18 said:
Yes daddy's boy is managed by Max Stevens.

Deja vu!! Im sure Max will try his best to screw you as much as possible. its what he does best. Send him to the draft if you dont get what you want.

Porthos said:

Detecting for sarcasm ....... None found?? :confused:

Seriously, cheers for that Porthos, you're a clever dude and your comments are always insightful. The reality is, Stevens and Watts are from the same boat, both arrogant bastards and it would seem appropriate that they both end up at Carlton and share in the next 5 years of mediocrity at Optus Oval.

******** him, he can go to Carlton before St Kilda get ANOTHER charity player on their list. I'm really p|ssed off.

Stiffy_18 said:
Watts has said he either gets traded to St. Kilda or he walks. Why doesn't this announcement surprise me?

If he has said that, then its about as low as you can go. He is 19, the crows gave him a chance at AFL level, to return the favour like that is just horrific.

It was reported that Watts had a massive ego at the draft camp and basically isolated himself from the group because he thought he was better than everyone else. This doesnt suprise at all, sounds like a right jerk.

Having said that Stiff, is pick 17 that bad? Granted he was pick 14 and you have put time into him but he hasnt shown much at AFL yet. You probly are losing out on the deal but you are not being screwed over IMO.

Macca19 said:
Deja vu!! Im sure Max will try his best to screw you as much as possible. its what he does best. Send him to the draft if you dont get what you want.
Thats my opinion on the issue. IF we don't get what we want he can just ******** off to Carlton for all I care.

CH7 reported that St. Kilda already made an offer that we found underwhelming and we are after a first round draft pick in top 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

theorangeapple said:
If he has said that, then its about as low as you can go. He is 19, the crows gave him a chance at AFL level, to return the favour like that is just horrific.

It was reported that Watts had a massive ego at the draft camp and basically isolated himself from the group because he thought he was better than everyone else. This doesnt suprise at all, sounds like a right jerk.

Having said that Stiff, is pick 17 that bad? Granted he was pick 14 and you have put time into him but he hasnt shown much at AFL yet. You probly are losing out on the deal but you are not being screwed over IMO.
Yes pick 17 is bad. Numbers wise is around the mark but 2003 draft was considerably stronger than this year's draft. Pick 17 this year is equivelant of pick 25 in 2003. I am sorry but thats just not good enough. Either they come to the party or let the little prick go to Carlton where he is sure to enjoy a lot of success :mad:

Stiffy_18 said:
Thats my opinion on the issue. IF we don't get what we want he can just ******** off to Carlton for all I care.

CH7 reported that St. Kilda already made an offer that we found underwhelming and we are after a first round draft pick in top 6.

What was the offer ? Troy Schwarze and pick 49 ?

You will get screwed over whatever is offered but maybe Pick 17 and Milne!

Watts has given us a definite rogering, but if he wants to go to St Kilda it does mean that they will need to pay a price for his services.

I would not knock back Sam Fisher and some tinkering with draft picks, but the more likley scenario is that there will be a three or four way trade.

We may end up with a good deal here. We need to realise that Fergus' heart was not with the Crows and if that is the case you get rid of him and move on.

If we can get a good deal we will still be in a win win situation. Just like Melbourne last year who lost Thommo but picked up Maloney.

Have faith in Fanta and the boys. They knew a long time ago about this scenario. They would have been doing a bit behind the scenes over the last few weeks to make sure we dont get screwed.

Stiffy_18 said:
Yes pick 17 is bad. Numbers wise is around the mark but 2003 draft was considerably stronger than this year's draft. Pick 17 this year is equivelant of pick 25 in 2003. I am sorry but thats just not good enough. Either they come to the party or let the little prick go to Carlton where he is sure to enjoy a lot of success :mad:

Fair enough, I get what you are saying.

Anyway, I really hope you guys stand strong on this or the AFL does something about it because we cannot have these blokes ruining the system. Adelaide is a 2hour flight from Melb, hell you play in Melb every second week anyway. Homesickness is just a weak cop out. Isnt earning $60k a year at 18 enough to live away from mummy?

We have a similar case with McConnell although he isnt as 'high profile' and I get the feeling he doesnt have the quite the ego to do what Watts is doing. But either way, we are going to lose out on him because he doesnt have a profile but will be a very good player for the other club.

As I have always said, its the Vic Metro boys which are the worry. They are really coming to the fore this year, Power, McConnell, Watts, Gilham have all asked to be traded. Vic Country seem to be alright, we have had Braun and Wirrapunda give pretty good service.

What I really dont understand is why he is choosing a club based on emotion (obviously his dad has ties to the Saints) instead of where he thinks he would be assured some more game time. Surely with Kosi, Riewoldt, Hamill and Gherig (his retirement is possible but not guaranteed) he would stand to wait a long period of time before he can really cement his spot in the 22 ? Weird.

Stiffy_18 said:

Stiffy although there are less out and out stars this year , the draft is deep.

Believe me when I say that this year you might pick up someon at 45 who is just as good as pick 10.

The key is to have a number of picks and to pick well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Watts names St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back