News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2057359

Legitimately, what’s this good for? Like why bother with these line markings.
Only think I can see it being useful for is setting up structures in a small scale so you can move players around like chess pieces and show "when ball is here, stand here, when ball is there, stand there" But agree pretty pointless.

Main reason for indoor training though would just be some kicking practice or rehab. Dingey one will be 50m so can do decent kicking in and indoor drills.

The indoor areas are generally used for warm up stuff rather than doing it outside. They're handy but the oval markings would be barely used I'd say. No harm in it being there though.

The indoor areas are generally used for warm up stuff rather than doing it outside. They're handy but the oval markings would be barely used I'd say. No harm in it being there though.
Maybe for tactical planning? Just made me think of the Red Keep floor in the last seasons of Game of Thrones. Our scripting would hopefully be better though.

For a comparison apparently Bulldogs new facillity was 78Mil and they don't own it or have a full size oval let alone 2 with room for more. https://www.afl.com.au/news/1179303...n-bulldogs-unveil-78m-upgrade-to-whitten-oval

This bulldogs facility barely looks any better than Waverley.
Just to clarify - you realise we have a full oval, don’t you? The picture you see and appear to think is our oval is a 50mx40m indoor warmup facility. Whitten ovals surface is second to none and the redevelopment is excellent in a vibrant and very quickly growing portion of Western Victoria. Importantly, our home ground is in the middle of our established heartland. Other redevelopments can’t say the same.

Just to clarify - you realise we have a full oval, don’t you? The picture you see and appear to think is our oval is a 50mx40m indoor warmup facility. Whitten ovals surface is second to none and the redevelopment is excellent in a vibrant and very quickly growing portion of Western Victoria. Importantly, our home ground is in the middle of our established heartland. Other redevelopments can’t say the same.
Confused What Is This GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice
How much of my money did you pinch

The Dogs new home looks cheap and crap. I really can't believe that's what 74 million gets you. It looks like they've redeveloped an old shed and bought the cheapest furniture possible. Pretty embarrassing honestly and I'm not even just trying to be a dick to that guy. I hope ours is going to be a lot better than that.

I'm referring to the main training oval outside that is not "full size" as it's still an odd shaped suburban ground. Whereas we will have multiple ovals with our main oval MCG size (and able to be adjusted to match every AFL ground dimensions)

Whitten oval is 160 metres x 121 metres with squashed straight wings. MCG and our main training oval is 160 metres x 141 metres with a nearly round shape.

Last edited:
I'm referring to the main training oval outside that is not "full size" as it's still an odd shaped suburban ground. Whereas we will have multiple ovals with our main oval MCG size (and able to be adjusted to match every AFL ground dimensions)

Whitten oval is 160 metres x 121 metres with squashed straight wings. MCG and our main training oval is 160 metres x 141 metres with a nearly round shape.

That’s why they went well at the cattery

I think it's odd to pump that much money into an inner suburban facility- there's no oval for the AFLW program as far as I can tell? DO they train at Skinner Reserve?

They resized the ground when the resurface and redevelopment happened. It’s now the exact same size as marvel stadium. Its 170m x141m with an excess 18m at the Barkly street end vacant behind the goals.
I think it's odd to pump that much money into an inner suburban facility- there's no oval for the AFLW program as far as I can tell? DO they train at Skinner Reserve?
The AFLW team train in conjunction with the men’s program. Strangely enough, an 8hr day is well and truly enough to squeeze in both team on an oval 😂 but yes, skinner reserve is our backup facility. It also had a 3million dollar upgrade albeit relatively primative comparatively with Whitten.

Good luck with Dingley. I’m sure it will look great.

stilll plenty of room for expansion. excuse the quick drawing of property boundaries

View attachment 2095759
The pic on the left is not the current design. The large basketball stadium on the south side of the AFLW oval is now a carpark. It may come plater, but the bridge joining it all up and the big stand has changed. Current Render below from the foundation.hawthornfc.com.au website. Yet they also have the old image up there too. I think they said the basketball courts are still planned for later stages but it won't be like that image as the main training facility building is a completely different design now and the bridge joining won't make sense.

1724922747070.png

Remove this Banner Ad

News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back