News We’re going to Dingleyland! Teams to move in mid 2025!

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a stones throw from the Nepean Highway, and is not too far from Waverley either. Good spot.

Anyone know if this allotment encompasses the Dingley paint ball centre?
I'm not sure about the paintball. Having lived in Perth for the last 20yrs, I don't get out Dingley way very often anymore.
But it is 1/2 of the Din San nursery, according to reports.
Hope that helps

If there's rooms for 5 grounds - it would be great to build training facilities with dimensions of MCG, Launceston, Docklands, plus interchangeable options of Subi, Adelaide Oval, SCG and GABBA - depending on our draw

They could find plenty of ferals locally to provide an Adelaide oval atmosphere :D

I just dont see it having much value. Certainly not enough value to put a dint in $50m
I'm not sure what the $ value would be on the buildings owned by Hawthorn, but that's what they'll have to weigh up.
What could we sell it for & how much rent could we get should we keep it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not convinced on the location.
On an old tip, next to other tips, industrial areas, airport, Springvale and Noble Park.
By far the busiest train line after our games is Belgrave/Lilydale, then Glen Waverley, this new location is even further away from this main supporter base than Mulgrave. They say one of the reasons is to enable more supporter involvement - they're kidding themselves if they think people are going to go there.

I wonder if a Boutique stadium is now in the picture?
I'm sure we'd be doing a feasibility study on it. Wouldn't surprise me. If Tassie isn't extended we need a smaller stadium to play at. Unless we play at Docklands.

Very close to Kingston Heath, the golfers will be happy.

Dingley-site-map620.jpg
That would be Tootal Rd on the right hand boundary and the T-intersection at the bottom right boundary is McClure Rd.

Looks like the driveway looking bit top right is the Tootal Rd tip inside our boundary. I last tipped crap there about 15 years ago so don't know the tip status.

Ok

Things I like
Site is big enough that we will never outgrow it
Site is in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne - far closer than Seaford
Site is close to the sort of suburbs our players and coaches may want to live in - Brighton ain't too shabby
I don't believe we'd ever have a boutique stadium - 4 games a year, but if we wanted to do that one day we could
We've got it on hold for 18 months to think about it - which means there will be plenty of time for members discussions and to determine whether its actually a go!
The current Govt are removing all the level crossings on the Dandenong line so it'll be quicker to get to than it is now

Things I don't like
I had to Google it - its nowhere near Glenferrie Oval
$50 million is a lot of money
The landfill / tip issue etc - how much will that cost to clean up???
DH = Dingley Hawks & DH = Dickheads

Summary

No brainer - I'd hate to think what it would cost to buy Doncaster Golf Course or Wattle Park or buying all the properties 2 streets north of Linda Crescent and putting the train line underground between Hawthorn Station & Glenferrie Station...

$50 million sounds like a lot of money but its not really...
50,000 members to fork out $1000ea and it's done
or all of these:
10 people /companies to give $1,000,000
100 people /companies to give $100,000
1,000 people to give $10,000
10,000 people to give $1,000
40,000 people to give $250

I applaud the club and the board for taking this initiative, very good to see.

Would like to know what other locations were considered and why they were discounted. In particular the area around Burwood Highway and Eastlink, the Wantirna Tennis Club area. The other would be the Kingston Links Golf Course area. Both are more in the geographical area of Hawthorn fans. Sadly, Dingley seems more Saints area than a Hawks area.

I wonder what will happen to the John Kennedy statue @ Waverley, hopefully this will be moved to the new location?

I applaud the club and the board for taking this initiative, very good to see.

Would like to know what other locations were considered and why they were discounted. In particular the area around Burwood Highway and Eastlink, the Wantirna Tennis Club area. The other would be the Kingston Links Golf Course area. Both are more in the geographical area of Hawthorn fans. Sadly, Dingley seems more Saints area than a Hawks area.

I wonder what will happen to the John Kennedy statue @ Waverley, hopefully this will be moved to the new location?
Rusty. I believe you are referring to Kingwood Golf Club... Also in Dingley about 2 mins from the Din San site.

Kingswood was recently sold to Peninsula Golf Club For substantially more than $7mill, $125 million. It will continue trading as Kingswood for 3-5 years then it's being chopped up for housing.

Remove this Banner Ad

News We’re going to Dingleyland! Teams to move in mid 2025!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back